What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does Andrew Fifita rank as a Shark

Special K

Coach
The guy has played 125 games for us(and is under contract until the end of 2022) after coming to us as a bench prop with promise. He has played every level of rep footy and scored the try that won us our first ever comp. He is loved by some, hated by many but he is a true Shark. At 29 next year it is doubtful he will ever play against us again.

I'm too young for Miller but for mine he is the second best forward I've seen for us behind Gallen. Imagine if he went to the Dogs back in 2014... Who knows if we win it last year.

M2D2

Bench
One of my favourites, but damn does he make me crack the shits game in game out. (like Gal used to when he ran to the line on the blind side acting like a 5/8.)

YTSharks

Juniors
One of a kind type of prop. By the time he finishes for us I think he’ll be our best front rower ever

chewsta

First Grade
He's a gun! Any team would love to have him and every team hates playing against him.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Dunno. Will monitor feedback. Lean towards Gav but a bloke called Kurt Sorenson was awesome. He was an early prototype of Taumalolo. Execpt the game was looser, more open back then and he was literally unstoppable when he was on. Same physical prescence as Taumalolo, a man mountain. Hes a fave but probably not our best.

Very hard to go past Lewie too.

Will watch Wadeo with interest. He will come back better for the World Cup.

Gallen.

Davo, Stevo....Fred Tomlinson.

Cant comment on miller and sorensons etc

He scored the most important try in the clubs history.

So for that...hes a legend ...and everything else he does is gravy

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Gav Miller was a faarrkken freak who gave our club a smidge of credibility during some pretty dark days. Had an awesome skill set that was hard to contain despite him being the only really creative forward in the pack at the time imo. Gal is more of the workhorse forward who also stuck with us through some pretty grim times and his loyalty as well as his big motor are unquestionable. Fifi is probably more mobile that both Gav and Gal and and can have pretty silky hands as well hence the comparison to Artie. Still think Fifi is improving as he works on being more selective on when to push a pass as well as on his discipline. For me....Fifi - best athlete......Gav - best ball player and Gal -biggest motor.

Matty_C

Juniors
I have liked him from the start, though he did silly things over the time, however he showed potential and promise. IMHO in the last two years, something has clicked he has stepped up immensely as a player and personality. Since he has came to our club he has continued to grow. It did surprise me (in a good way) when he jumped to Tonga. In honest opinion, both him and JT3 made the World Cup very interesting and a great watch. It actually improved the competition, and hats off to both players for doing that, for less $$ and for his family heritage.
I look forward to see what he brings in our future, maybe another Beetson? Or is this is it too far fetched

Griffoshark66

First Grade
He still has too much shit in his game in my opinion. I love him, and think he's a great player, but there's always something to talk about that's negative. If they ever truly crack down on the play the ball, he's f**ked.

I've gotta rate him amongst our best, and I've ben watching us since 1970. When he's on he's absolutely marvellous. He's just gotta get the silly mistakes out of his game.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Without a doubt he is up there(Top 4 or 5) I just want him to capture that form from a few years back when he scored that winning try against the dragons on the buzzer. I think he was our leading try scorer that particular year.

Quigs

Immortal
He's no Vince Farrar but he is a work in process.

Vince also got a memorable meaty in the Poms Challenge Cup infront of a crowd of a 100,000

He won the gf for us

Yup this!

Was the best player on the field in the GF.

Sorry Luke Lewis you were great as well but not the best out there in most people’s opinion.

Topped the GF performance off with a clutch play to out wrestle 5 storm players and do it right under Cameron Smith’s nose made even more special.

So yeah where do you rate a forward who secured the Club’s First ever Premiership in 50 years......

AJB1102

First Grade
He still has too much shit in his game in my opinion. I love him, and think he's a great player, but there's always something to talk about that's negative. If they ever truly crack down on the play the ball, he's f**ked.

He's not the only one. There are very few players who play the ball properly in the NRL. I'm sure they all can do it right, just the NRL refs have let it go to the point no one bothers. Walk off the mark, face the sideline - worst that'll happen is they halt play and give you a do-over.