What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is The Sharks my heart will go on

Stake Removed

First Grade
Guys, when teams win major sporting events as shown in attached they put the Celene Dion song with it, but i have never seen any for us, the greatest sporting win in the history of global sports.

Just yesterday Clemson Uni. one appeared i want our sharks one, it would be the best of the lot, i would make it but upfront not that skilled at merging music to video

Stake Removed

First Grade
Tear to the eye watching it, everytime i have watch the game, i still stress to final tackle is made and we have won it

Madsharkie

First Grade
Weird combo in my opinion. That soppy ass song and the greatest moment in the history of man. Just doesn't seem to fit. But what song would be worthy?!

Have to admit though, watching the end, the fist was pumping the air again!

Arnold

Juniors
I watch it and think sometimes that I missed the chance to truly enjoy it. I can't really remember it. And I wasn't drunk.

fizzgig

Juniors
I swear my brain went into self preservation mode with some form of PTSD after watching games we had to win get lost in a puff of smoke... That kicked in when the Storm took the lead and never really left me. I cried when we won but was numb, in a different way to when I'd left those losing games.

That final tackle I stood with my hands holding my head waiting for the crushing blow of the storm scoring, or a penalty to let them even it up and then win in golden try, but somehow it never happened.

Two weeks later I finally got to watch the game again, Fifita's try was 4-5 mins after they took the lead, not how it felt which to me was about 20 or so minutes.

F'n emotional rollercoaster. Same as so many other Sharkies games but so much more at stake, and the fact that there was so many like-minded people around intensified it.

I watched the Bunnies win the GF a few years ago and the guy next to me was crying on my shoulder in joy. I didn't ever expect to know how that felt but last year I (we) did.

It's crazy, people talk about "the best thing other than my kids being born or marrying my wife" but at least somehow you have influence and a more guaranteed expectation of those... this was different, especially with the circumstances during the game, the highs and lows.

I'm a big drinker and I was sober this game, maybe this changed the feels, I had to experience it so only had a few pre-game beers.. hopefully I can have more beers this year :p

Off to the 9s in NZ, should be fun and less intense hopefully, break the fugue before the season starts.

Fizz

shaggs

Coach
I watch it and think sometimes that I missed the chance to truly enjoy it. I can't really remember it. And I wasn't drunk.

I was so done by the time the train got back to Redfern. The last 5 of the game and then the euphoria of the presentation and celebration.
I was all keen to kick on, but years of shark heartbreak just drained me

Arnold

Juniors
Well said fizz.

I also saw some sharks fans who at full time simply slow clapped.

They were obviously the ones who were brought to the game with a real die hard and lent them a jersey to fit in.

The true fans were going ballistic hugging randoms and high fiveing cops!

chewsta

First Grade
That final tackle of the game, i jumped up and threw my hands into the air... straight into a f**ken ceiling fan!
f**k it hurt but i was crying anyway hahah! Thought I had lost all my fingers for a split second. I never dropped a beer for the next 3 days, so they must have been there still!

coolumsharkie

Referee
I swear my brain went into self preservation mode with some form of PTSD after watching games we had to win get lost in a puff of smoke... That kicked in when the Storm took the lead and never really left me. I cried when we won but was numb, in a different way to when I'd left those losing games.

That final tackle I stood with my hands holding my head waiting for the crushing blow of the storm scoring, or a penalty to let them even it up and then win in golden try, but somehow it never happened.

Two weeks later I finally got to watch the game again, Fifita's try was 4-5 mins after they took the lead, not how it felt which to me was about 20 or so minutes.

F'n emotional rollercoaster. Same as so many other Sharkies games but so much more at stake, and the fact that there was so many like-minded people around intensified it.

I watched the Bunnies win the GF a few years ago and the guy next to me was crying on my shoulder in joy. I didn't ever expect to know how that felt but last year I (we) did.

It's crazy, people talk about "the best thing other than my kids being born or marrying my wife" but at least somehow you have influence and a more guaranteed expectation of those... this was different, especially with the circumstances during the game, the highs and lows.

I'm a big drinker and I was sober this game, maybe this changed the feels, I had to experience it so only had a few pre-game beers.. hopefully I can have more beers this year :p

Off to the 9s in NZ, should be fun and less intense hopefully, break the fugue before the season starts.

Fizz

Went to the Nines last year, it's a classic. The Aucklanders who participate, compete with each other as to who can wear the most outrageous costumes. Some of them are really funny and bloody good too. Parties are happening outside the grounds which you are allowed to go to. Good times.

when you watch it again, they score, we kick off they have a set and then we get the ball back and they never have the ball with the lead again.

i was a babbling mess at the end of the game.

Latest posts