What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Should South Sydney Home Ground Be ?

Where Should South Sydney Home Ground Be ? Post a Poll

• Telstra Stadium

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Aussie Stadium

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Redfern Oval

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Central Coast Stadium

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
My Opinion:

Express Advocate Stadium (CC):

Too far from the Homeland, the crowds will be far worse there, then present
Aussie Stadium/SFS:
Yes, we have been at the SFS since as far as i can remember backwards, in my opinion, the stadium asnt really changed since the name has changed, SFS/Aussie, is our home
Redfern Oval:
Jersey Flegg, and the odd Premier League Game, Yeah, NRL no, The Maximum Seating For Redfern is very Limited, and i think especially next year, with our players, and expectations on the ladder, we will get alot more crowds
Telstra Stadium:
Sure its Cheaper, but its Just Wasted Space, We Will Never Get a Full House, and our Crowds would be worse, since it would be out of the way from the Majority of Souths Fan (Located Randwick Area, Coogee etc), and besides, now we have hac and crowe on board, we can afford that bit extra, and benefits such as bigger crowds, will be available

Summary:

Definately Aussie, With our Star Recruitments Next Year, and our most probable major improvement on the ladder, we will get 15000 average per game, rather than 8000, its not out of the way, just a casual stroll, for typical souths fans, and they will wanna come see our stars win

Zigwaa

Bench
If it was up to me I say Aussie. It has a better atmosphere, and feels more like a Souths home ground.

But I do understand Telstra is better money wise.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
I gotta go Redfern because its our home.
Id like to see it redevelopped to fit 15000-20000
but not to play EVERY game there but more like what the Tigers do with Campbelltown and Leicchardt.
Play most of ours at telstra and then the derbys such as against the Tigers ,roosters and Dogs and our spiritual home.
I know its a dream but id love to see it

MattJ

Juniors
Aussie stadium, Redfern will never be up to NRL standard, Telstra is to big and void of any atmosphere, if you compare 20,000 in Telstra and Aussie, Aussie kills it. Gosford is not an option.

The Preacher

First Grade
Mrs. Dog Collar will never allow you to play at Redfern. If I have to watch Reece Simmonds in red and green, i'd like it to be at SFS (Aussie) and not that Telstra hole. :(

MattJ

Juniors
The Preacher said:
Mrs. Dog Collar will never allow you to play at Redfern. If I have to watch Reece Simmonds in red and green, i'd like it to be at SFS (Aussie) and not that Telstra hole. :(

:lol: good name

Central Coast is where souths should play and re-locate to. If they don;t the storm will end up re-locating there as they are set to do a deal with CC Juniors.

The nrl will punt you again if you don't unless holme's a court can relocate you to perth - if you don't go to the cc that is.

Wake up souths the writing is on the wall - re-locate to the cc.

Galeforce

Bench
Really where we will better off financially. I believe if we are winning then anyone of these will attract decent crowd , of course Aussie may get more , however the financial deal with aussie is nowhere like Teltra.

Express Advocate Stadium (CC):
Too far from the Homeland, they would have to guarantee more than Telstra to even consider.
Aussie Stadium/SFS:
Yes, we have been at the SFS since as far as i can remember backwards, in my opinion, the stadium asnt really changed since the name has changed, SFS/Aussie,
Aussie is Roosters ground , always has been as i recall from the sixties. And the Aussie Stadium treated us as second class citizens. We were subsidising the Roosters. If they can not provide guarantee to beat Telstra and treat Souths with real respect , then NeVER again,
Redfern Oval:
Jersey Flegg, and the odd Premier League Game, Yeah, NRL no, The Maximum Seating For Redfern is very Limited, and i think especially next year, with our players, and expectations on the ladder, we will get alot more crowds
Agree it is now a training ground for our senior team.
Telstra Stadium:
Sure its Cheaper, but its Just Wasted Space, We Will Never Get a Full House, and our Crowds would be worse, since it would be out of the way from the Majority of Souths Fan (Located Randwick Area, Coogee etc), and besides, now we have hac and crowe on board, we can afford that bit extra, and benefits such as bigger crowds, will be available

Not cheaper , Telstra PAYS Souths regardless of the crowd. Great deal , If we are winning the crowds will come , not only Souths but the other teams,

Summary:

Telstra

Latest posts