What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Will The Panthers Finish In 2018?

Where Will The Panthers Finish In 2018?

• 1-4

• 5-8

• 9-12

• 12-16

Results are only viewable after voting.

chrisD

Coach
Not having looked st the draw I think we miss the 8. Maybe scrape in. We’ll get over average to poor defences through weight of posession but be turned away by the good the deeper into the season we get.

GongPanther

Referee
Should be minor premiers.But if things go pear shape,we might end up 3rd or 4th place,which I could handle.

mxlegend99

Referee
Franklin how did he prove that exactly? By not being MOTM? If one game defines a players ability in a new position. Why wasnt it defined when we flogged Bulldogs 38-0 or when he came back to defeat Raiders with 2 magic tries in 2 minutes? Oh because sny good game doesn't count?

That was his first real match with almost every player in the team. In a position he jas played a handful of games at in the NRL. You also said TMM wasn't an NRL quality half either. Yet he keeps playing halves in the NRL.

Fangs

Coach
Just found an exact same thread on this from the end of the 2017 season by Daza06. Results below:

upload_2018-4-18_22-58-18.png

Results of the poll I created before the start of the 2018 season:

upload_2018-4-18_22-59-11.png

Seems the off season turmoil upset our appetites for a top 4 finish.

mxlegend99

Referee
Considering the form of teams many would have expected to be top 4, our chances are now so much higher than anyone would have expected at this point of the season

Storm have always been a consistent team. So im not writing them off yet. But they certainky have been far worse than I expected.

Roosters signed the 2 best players in the competition. But literally have only a strong top 15 or so and then it quickly turns to shit. Throw in Friend deciding to stink it up and what should be top 4 is now a fringe top 8 side. Although between their roster and coach i still think theyre a premiership threat and a team we can evaluate ourselves against.

Biggest surprise... last years grand finalists get their 2 best players back from injury and turn to shit. Its like the whole roster thinks they can skate by now. Thurston is a shadow of his former self ghough and what was supposed yo be ghr best pack in the competition has guys looking at each other to do the hard work.

Meanwhile you then have a bottom 4 quslity roster in Tigers ditting in the top 4 looking pretty f**king impressive and possibly more shocking the Warriors plsying decent footy for 6 weeks to start a season.

I think Warriors and Tigers will die off a bit. Not enough to miss the top 8. But if we can hold on that bit longer than they do we should stsy above thrm and make it next to impossible gor teams outside yhe top 4 to climb above us. But wr have 2 spots to plsy with snyway... so even if both Storm snd Roosters come good we can still hang on to 4th.

Best part is our tough games come as we are getting players back. Stars could be aligning for us.

mxlegend99

Referee
I knew it was going to good just not so early. I changed to 5-8th once the draw was announced. On paper we had a tricky start to the year
Maloney has more speed left in him than I thought he would after the 2017 season. Our halves ran for almost 400 metres combined last week. Peachey you woild expect it from since his best asset is running the ball. But it was great to see Maloney running it.

Cleary and Maloney both will keep defence guessing with a willingness to run the ball.i just hope we can get both firing at once.

Maloney has more speed left in him than I thought he would after the 2017 season. Our halves ran for almost 400 metres combined last week. Peachey you woild expect it from since his best asset is running the ball. But it was great to see Maloney running it.

Cleary and Maloney both will keep defence guessing with a willingness to run the ball.i just hope we can get both firing at once.
Yeah the question was always if he had hit the wall age wise or was he having a sook and playing like shit on purpose in 2017. We now have the answer but we better keep him happy or......

If both do fire at once then we’re in with a serious shot of winning this thing.

Latest posts