What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Will The Panthers Finish In 2018?

Where Will The Panthers Finish In 2018?

• 1-4

• 5-8

• 9-12

• 12-16

Results are only viewable after voting.

mxlegend99

Referee
Based on Maloney this year and Moylan... anyone think our training might be improving players speeds?

Because Maloney against Titans seriously looked faster than he did last year anytime he made a break... and Moylan looks like he's running with concrete in his boots.

Moylan has never been all that quick. But either his hammy/ankle injuries have slowed him up more. Or our training appears to be better for speed. Based on a trade between these guys atleast.

Or perhaps Sharks are slowing guys down with little or no focus on speed. I dunno. I feel like Maloney is quicker for us than he ever was in a Sharks jersey. And Moylan is slower than he ever was for us. Even with a hammy injury.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
We've got winnable games up until round 12. We could be safe for the top 4 by then if we can keep this roll going. We've never had a better opportunity than now I feel.

Moylan has never been all that quick. But either his hammy/ankle injuries have slowed him up...

That would be my guess. He's protecting the hammy.

mxlegend99

Referee
Jesus christ Storm have fired up for this game. 30 points in 24 minutes against Warriors.

Been a bit inconsistent this year which is unusual for them. But they look like the top 4 side predicted at the start of the year now.

Dragons also look good for top 4. Warriors though... well what can you say after the opening 25 mins of this half? They were the only team to beat Dragons this year. Now they're leaking point ls at a record rate.

tripster

Juniors
Jesus christ Storm have fired up for this game. 30 points in 24 minutes against Warriors.

Been a bit inconsistent this year which is unusual for them. But they look like the top 4 side predicted at the start of the year now.

Dragons also look good for top 4. Warriors though... well what can you say after the opening 25 mins of this half? They were the only team to beat Dragons this year. Now they're leaking point ls at a record rate.

It is crazy what happened to the Warriors tonight. I don't think anyone would have predicted a 50-10 scoreline. They were much better in the second half - but it was already too late by then. I am wondering if the Storm's resurgence is also due to the referees appearing to have suddenly eased off with the penalty blitz, so the Storm were able to get back to their old ways. I saw a tonne of play the balls tonight when the Storm just rolled it through the legs with no effort at all made to play it. They also stood offside on their own goal line quite a lot but rarely got pinged.

OldPanther

Coach
It is crazy what happened to the Warriors tonight. I don't think anyone would have predicted a 50-10 scoreline. They were much better in the second half - but it was already too late by then. I am wondering if the Storm's resurgence is also due to the referees appearing to have suddenly eased off with the penalty blitz, so the Storm were able to get back to their old ways. I saw a tonne of play the balls tonight when the Storm just rolled it through the legs with no effort at all made to play it. They also stood offside on their own goal line quite a lot but rarely got pinged.

It's exactly what has happened. Buzz Rothfield and all of Channel 9 had a complain and the NRL folded like cowards.

Copperhead

Juniors
I am wondering if the Storm's resurgence is also due to the referees appearing to have suddenly eased off with the penalty blitz, so the Storm were able to get back to their old ways.

Could be, but also replacing Croft with Jacks has fixed a lot of problems.