What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Penrith Panthers finish in 2018?

Where will the Penrith Panthers finish in 2018?

• 1st to 4th

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • 5th to 8th

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • 9th to 12th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13th to 16th

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daza06

Juniors
Who better to ask where a certain team will finish than the fans of the team themselves!

With their strongest line up where would you have them finishing?

1 .Dylan Edwards
2. Dallin Watene Zelezniak
3. Waqa Blake
4. Tyrone Peachey
5. Josh Mansour
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. James Tamou
9. Peter Wallace
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Isaah Yeo
12. Corey Harawira-Naera
13. Trent Merrin

Tim Browne
Leilani Latu
James Fisher-Harris
Bryce Cartwright

OldPanther

Coach
I said 1 - 4 because I believe our roster can and Maloney can help that but it's tentative vote. We could and may well end up lower which is standard for Griffin coached teams.

We also don't have Maloney yet.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
I went 5-8.
If we stay injury free ( or at least no long terms injuries) and sort out our attack in the opposition 20 then maybe we can get a little higher.
Teams like Storm, Roosters and Cowboys are still going to be hard to beat.

franklin2323

Immortal
2nd after regular season...

Tipping a GF playoff this season...

How knows if May doesn't get injured or that try was allowed when Oates was down. We may of reached that level this year though to be even 20% better and not leave it to what if's should be the aim.

I said earlier we will win 80% of the games Maloney/Cleary and Edwards all play together. I still stand by that they all should compliment each other

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Griffin is not coaching this team to the top four.

We were 3 games from the 4 this year.

With the bullshit that was going on and continued disruptions, providing at least half of that disappears, we will push the 4 without issue

franklin2323

Immortal
We were 3 games from the 4 this year.

With the bullshit that was going on and continued disruptions, providing at least half of that disappears, we will push the 4 without issue

Regardless of top 4. We lost 13-6 to the Broncs up there with no Moylan, May off most of the game. Wallace and Edwards busted too so almost that level anyway. A bit more in attack and no reason we don't get top 4

Fangs

Coach
On ability: Top 4

Real Result: 5-8

Hopefully a season with less turmoil off the field. Moylan and Cartwright had their issues. We dropped three plays (Moylan included) due to discipline in the early rounds. And during the year there were whispers of numerous players wanting a release.

Real question marks on Hook's ability to get this side across the finish line. This is his year to make an impression.

Sime_11

Juniors
Top 4 Expectation, happy if we made 5-8, but expect a home final at the very least. anything worse than this and time to start looking for a new coach. all our players have first grade & finals experience now, we have no excuses, time to step up!

would be really good if we can get some really good crowds next year - get the stadium pumping and a fortress that teams dread coming to.

Black Magik

Juniors
5 to 8.

I just feel there will be some issues with young Cleary late in the season about where he will end up.

MrBlack

Juniors
Pending injuries you would have to think top 4??

Melbourne may yet struggle without Cronk, finish 5-8.

Roosters a shoe in to finish top 4

Cronulla an each way bet (Moylan Townsend halves combination may struggle)

Parramatta the real dark horse.

Nth Qld ?? Broncos ??

OldPanther

Coach
Pending injuries you would have to think top 4??

Melbourne may yet struggle without Cronk, finish 5-8.

Roosters a shoe in to finish top 4

Cronulla an each way bet (Moylan Townsend halves combination may struggle)

Parramatta the real dark horse.

Nth Qld ?? Broncos ??

Broncs are "meh" for me. Not a great roster next year.

NQLD are going to be strong. JT is back at training now and they have an amazing forward pack.