What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the South Sydney Rabbitohs finish in 2018?

Where will the South Sydney Rabbitohs finish in 2018?

• 1st to 4th

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 5th to 8th

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • 9th to 12th

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 13th to 16th

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rsag85

Bench
I'd be prepared to go with the backline that BURGI posted but NOT the forwards!

I'd have Sam at prop playing plenty of mins but definitely not 80!

My pack & BENCH would be----

SamB
Farah[sorry R20]
TomB
Crichton
Fui.
Murray
BENCH.
Sutton
Turner
GeorgeB
Clark/Musgrove[I think I prefer Clark]

Haha really

rabbitohs95

Bench
Versatility is fantastic but id like to see people claim positions as their own next year. There's a fair few positions that in my opinion are up for grabs. Whether Richo wants to believe it or not we are in a rebuilding phase and there is a lot of inconsistency in this squad. Hopefully Seibold can change that.
I think its bound to happen considering we have so many options. There's got to be a guy in each position that does what is required.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Dead motherless last because we havent learnt the lessons from the last 2 seasons and our recruitment is garbage and we are still 2 props short.
Sorry fellas
I'm sure we will beat the Titans though....

I don't rate Warriors, Raiders, Bulldogs or Tigers either....... so we will be somewhere in that bunch...

Knights have now a better squad than us so I have to revise my prediction and say 12th...... Angus will be on his bike.........

Rabbits20

Immortal
Something that needs to be highlighted is the versatility of our squad. So many players can play in multiple positions which gives us plenty of options.

I'd probably only say the twins and Musgrove are the only players that are tied to on position, but even then they could play a similar role at lock if you wanted.

We've got plenty of competition with the squad, not to mention one of nearly if not 40 players in total.

There's a bunch of talent in our squad and I'm excited to see how we go for next year.
What are you gonna say if we flop badly????

It won't be able to be sugar coated that's for sure and serious questions will be asked.....

I see some positives currently but the negatives currently outweigh those.....

Seibs needs to realise before we get anywhere you must fix your defence...... he was the defensive coach last year and he failed so that should be number one on his list and moving Sam from the middle is not the way to make your defence stronger in the middle......

I'm gonna keep banging on about it too....... defence defence defence defence..... that's priority number one

rabbitohs95

Bench

It won't be able to be sugar coated that's for sure and serious questions will be asked.....

Seibs needs to realise before we get anywhere you must fix your defence...... he was the defensive coach last year and he failed so that should be number one on his list and moving Sam from the middle is not the way to make your defence stronger in the middle......

I'm gonna keep banging on about it too....... defence defence defence defence..... that's priority number one
Well if we do flop id be surprised.

I've got faith in Seibs and the squad overall. Obviously they have some work to do but I think a new coach and fresh approach should rejuvinate the boys.

Personally I think the positives outweigh the negatives, but I guess we'll have to see how it goes.

I do understand where you're coming from though. Can't wait for the season to start.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I heard Sam was training the house down on the edge.

callmack1

Staff member
Haven't actually posted in this thread yet so sorry for such a late reply.

I never like picking these sort I'd things but I'm going to say bottom half of the eight. That is relying on good luck with injuries and key players returning to form. If such things don't happen, and there's a chance it won't, I agree that we could be in big trouble.

I just think that a new coach will refresh the place which is what we needed so badly. There's no doubt that from an outsider looking in, there is already a new, fresher feel to this place. I'm hoping that this will rejuvenate key players.

I also really like Seibs already. He's very professional and thorough, seems like a people person and has already brought a fresh new feel to the place.

Yes, our recruitment hasn't been the best but Gagai is so awesome and a fresh GI coming back is like a new signing anyway.

All our young guys will hugely benefit from 2017 as well. They'll be that much more experienced and should all improve.

I also agree with what R20 is saying, we must fix the defence. That is what has let us down in the past two seasons. Defence is what wins premierships and if you get it right, attack will come off the back of that.

In regards to the attack, I'm hoping we will be a lot more open and will be a more dangerous side with a better style of footy. This will allow much of the squad to thrive.

So yea, that's just my opinion. I'm not getting my hopes up like I have the past two seasons just in case but that's just what I think.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm sure we will beat the Titans though....

I don't rate Warriors, Raiders, Bulldogs or Tigers either....... so we will be somewhere in that bunch...

Knights have now a better squad than us so I have to revise my prediction and say 12th...... Angus will be on his bike.........

I originally didn't rate the knights at all but after the acquisition of Pearce they'll probably be a top 8 side next year. That was a massive signing for the club.