What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the St George Illawarra Dragons finish in 2018?

Where will the St George Illawarra Dragons finish in 2018?

• 1st to 4th

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • 5th to 8th

Votes: 65 65.7%
  • 9th to 12th

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • 13th to 16th

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Bang smack in the middle 7, 8, 9 or 10. Yes our halves will improve, but our backline is still shit.

Hoping Manly will get Pearce because I reckon playing with two genuine halfbacks will work as well as playing two genuine 5/8's did for us.

JDHD

Juniors
Bang smack in the middle 7, 8, 9 or 10. Yes our halves will improve, but our backline is still shit.

Hoping Manly will get Pearce because I reckon playing with two genuine halfbacks will work as well as playing two genuine 5/8's did for us.

I've always maintained that DCE can't organise for shit. Foran always ran the show and did the dirty work, leaving him to do the flashy stuff on the end of a set or put a good kick in. Even in 2017, Green basically played halfback with his game management and short kicking game and DCE was just the finisher. I reckon Pearce will annoyingly suit their style perfectly.

getsmarty

Immortal
Its a tough one..on paper we could be as high as top 6 ...but then add in the " Coaching Factor" and we could be anywhere from 7 to 13. Taking into account that you only need to win half your games to roughly make it into the 8 ( 30 points). Surely we have to improve on 2017...8 - 9 at a guess. Chances of winning a premiership under current coaching regime = Buckley's.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
For a coach that gets shit canned constantly a lot of people (72%) seem to think he can make the 8.
On those stats he can't be that bad a coach or is it just another year of false expectations and us lying to ourselves?
Definitely the latter. I am trying to suppress the pessimism and let the optimism shine through. After all, we have yet to lose a game.....

getsmarty

Immortal
For a coach that gets shit canned constantly a lot of people (72%) seem to think he can make the 8.
On those stats he can't be that bad a coach or is it just another year of false expectations and us lying to ourselves?

I personally think its more a case of our side under-achieving. Should have made the top 8 consistently for the last few years with the roster we have.

Reddragon

Bench

Most fans must be assuming the coach will get sacked early enough for an alternative to turn it around in time.

Last edited:

KiamaSaint

Coach
Its a tough one..on paper we could be as high as top 6 ...but then add in the " Coaching Factor" and we could be anywhere from 7 to 13. Taking into account that you only need to win half your games to roughly make it into the 8 ( 30 points). Surely we have to improve on 2017...8 - 9 at a guess. Chances of winning a premiership under current coaching regime = Buckley's.

Mary??? Is that you???

Frank Facer

First Grade
I am taking the Coach is only as good as the cattle he has to work with perspective. I believe that we have a very good forward pack, a very good pair of halves and some very promising and exciting outside backs. I believe that we have the cattle to make the top 8 and possible finish top 4 if our young outside backs are given the opportunity and succeed. I am not happy with Mary as coach, but I am firm believer that games are won on the field. Jack Gibson used to say that Rugby League is a simple game. He also used to say, do the simple things right, well that can't be too hard to coach. Gibson also said that if you have got the best halfback in the comp (Sterling), then you are halfway there. Well Hunt may not be the best halfback in the comp, but he is one of he better ones and will be the best halfback we have had since Smith. I think the upgrade of Hunt from Mcrone, will make a massive difference too.

Basically I believe that we should make the top 8, irrespective of who the coach is.

slippery5

Juniors
B4 reading this post I was thinking there is a lot of dilutional supporters out there, unless we run the gauntlet & blood the likes of Lomax, Materson Johns, Garrick etc we will be 100:1 for top 8.
Thats the reality !!!!!

Crush

Coach
Nah screw you guys, I'm sticking with 3rd. How can we possibly miss the top 4 with a backline of Dufty, Nighty, Lafai, Aitken, Macdonald!?
Sigh......