What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2018?

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2018?

• 1st to 4th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5th to 8th

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • 9th to 12th

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • 13th to 16th

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daza06

Juniors
Who better to ask where a certain team will finish than the fans of the team themselves!

With their strongest line up where would you have them finishing?

1. Tuimoala Lolohea
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Kevin Naiqama
4. Esan Marsters
5. Moses Suli
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Ben Matulino
9. Matt McIlwrick
10. Russell Packer
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Matthew Eisenhuth

Benji Marshall
Elijah Taylor
Sauaso Sue
Chris McQueen

Tiger05

First Grade
I can't see that being our strongest line-up but truthfully who knows at this point.

I also have no idea where we will finish but I picked 5th to 8th.

Vic Mackey

Referee
youre a bit off with your team but as an out side its close enough.

i think we're the hardest team to place out of anyone as we've had such a drastic change in personal both on the field and in the coaching staff. in all likelihood we'll only have 7 guys who lined up in round 1 2017 backing up for round 1 2018. that includes 3 of the spine.

im going to try and stay positive and go 7th, more on hope than anything

Tigers Tale

Juniors
My thoughts are 9th or 10th.

A few strong sides from this year are stronger again next. We are still an unknown and while we will be much more competitive and in games up to our necks I am unsure if we will make the 8. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Big plus...Cleary

Big minus...our spine

Das Hassler

Bench
My thoughts are 9th or 10th.

A few strong sides from this year are stronger again next. We are still an unknown and while we will be much more competitive and in games up to our necks I am unsure if we will make the 8. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Big plus...Cleary

Big minus...our spine

Just to add to your last lines..

Big plus Cleary
Big minus..our spine (see below)
Big plus Cleary

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Just on that Das I must admit I was excited to see the news report Ivan really wants to coach Nathan.

Two years....can I wait, I think I can!!!!

Das Hassler

Bench
Yep....Brooksie will be able to write a book about pressure by the time his 2 year deal is up. Ivan's comments about he and Nathan both wanting to work together could also be taken as a little warning shot to the club to not start getting sloppy again....they didnt mention where...just somewhere at some stage. Ivan making the point that Nathan cant make any decisions till the end of '18 and is tied up for 2 years was certainly a good sign though.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
I’m looking forward with slight apprehension to seeing how well our spine functions.

We’ve got to b the most difficult team to make predictions about for season ‘18.Due to the unknown re the abundance of new players it wouldn’t surprise whether we finish top 4 or bottom 4.

Personally & I hope I’m wrong I can’t c the spine we have getting us into the finals.The spine is obviously the most crucial part of a team & ours looks to b one of the weakest in the NRL for season ‘18.

mepelthwack

Juniors
IMO ET starts, Lawrence will struggle to make the 17 and Twal will be in the 17 every single week, for the entirety of his career.

I picked 5-8 but ask me again after round 8.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Our starting 17 will be very different from our starting 17 at the back end of the year. There are a lot of unknowns and we have the depth to drop players from FG if they don't perform. I have a strange feeling that the players from the World Cup are going to come out guns blazing and really have a break out year.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I must be a pessimist but I looked at the draw again for next year and I can't see us making 28 point with the draw we have. Maybe the stronger side next year will surprise me but I said earlier some top sides are even stronger next year so we are way behind them....even the Knights up there will be a hard ask.

I can't see us ahead of the Rooster, Cowboys, Storm, Broncos, Dragons, Sharks or the Panthers, then we have the Raiders, Eels and Manly there abouts. I am hoping but it will be a tough season with that draw.

Last edited:

Radical Rat

Juniors
With our horror draw to start the season, unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me if we're running around last after round 6. It's all going to depend how the players respond to that.

I have high hopes for this squad. If it all clicks then I can see us between 6-10.

A few injuries and we never get going after a tough start, 10-14.

Clifferd

Coach
With our horror draw to start the season, unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me if we're running around last after round 6. It's all going to depend how the players respond to that.

I have high hopes for this squad. If it all clicks then I can see us between 6-10.

A few injuries and we never get going after a tough start, 10-14.

To be fair, there isn’t such thing as a horror draw to start the season. No team is at their best comes round 1-6 so if anything it’s probsbly better to play the teams that went good last year first up to get them out of the way. If we can snag 2-3 wins out of the first 6 rounds I’d be pretty happy.

Then I’m hoping by round 10 we have gelled enough as a team to see where we are truly at and give the top 8 a shake

Radical Rat

Juniors
To be fair, there isn’t such thing as a horror draw to start the season. No team is at their best comes round 1-6 so if anything it’s probsbly better to play the teams that went good last year first up to get them out of the way. If we can snag 2-3 wins out of the first 6 rounds I’d be pretty happy.

Then I’m hoping by round 10 we have gelled enough as a team to see where we are truly at and give the top 8 a shake

If we can snag 2 or 3 of those first 6 games I'd be ecstatic.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Very true & we r certainly more than capable of winning 2-3 out of opening 6 games.The test for us is whether we can maintain a high level of consistency over 26 rounds so that we can finally participate in finals footy again.

The one thing that definitely pisses me off is taking the melb home game away from the 8th wonder to NZ coz we r normally very formidable against the Mexicans when we play them at Leichhardt.

JDHD

Juniors
The Tigers' natural environment: out of the eight on for and against.

Seriously though, with Ivan Cleary involved and a forward pack for the first time in gid knows how long, a top 8 spot is definitely on the cards.

Clifferd

Coach
The Tigers' natural environment: out of the eight on for and against.

Seriously though, with Ivan Cleary involved and a forward pack for the first time in gid knows how long, a top 8 spot is definitely on the cards.

Spot on. IC is the master of rebuilds as proven at the warriors during the 10/11 period and most of panthers consistent top 8 appearances are from the squad assembled by IC.

He made our basically reserve grade standard team at the end of last year compete with the top four teams which was pretty damn impressive.

Forget about our player signings, Cleary is the best signing we have made in years.

BrotherJim05

Bench
The first 6 rounds of the season are really anybody's guess. Teams that were written off as bottom 4 can be sitting at the top of the ladder, teams that had high hopes haven't quite clicked into gear. I reckon we can string 2-3 wins out of our first 6 games. We have the depth to really go all the way through the season and land in the bottom half of the top 8.