What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2018?

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2018?

• 1st to 4th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5th to 8th

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • 9th to 12th

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • 13th to 16th

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JDHD

Juniors
Spot on. IC is the master of rebuilds as proven at the warriors during the 10/11 period and most of panthers consistent top 8 appearances are from the squad assembled by IC.

He made our basically reserve grade standard team at the end of last year compete with the top four teams which was pretty damn impressive.

Forget about our player signings, Cleary is the best signing we have made in years.

The guy got the Warriors to the grand final. The Warriors. The f**king WARRIORS.

Vic Mackey

Referee
As others have said the draw has to be looked at as a positive. You’re more likely to cause a big upset in the first few weeks then you are against teams warming up for finals.

If we are 6 from our first 14 rounds we’ll be in a great position to make the finals as our run home looks relitvely soft.

Vozzy

Juniors
5th to like 12th can be separated by 4-6 points where you look back on games where you lost by 2-4 points where a player dropped the ball over the line or let in a soft try. I think tigers will win more games next season than this season. Can see them finishing on 24 points missing the 8 by 1 or 2 wins but building towards an even better 2019.

I just hope fans can be patient especially with the hard start to the season. We could be like 2-3 wins from 8 games which puts pressure on us when it comes to the easier half of the draw.

It's a new team with a new culture and game plan. It will take a year to get combos perfect. Hopefully it is like the sharks. 2014 wooden spoons then got a lot of players not wanted by clubs but solid 1st graders who have become origin players. 2 years later won the Comp.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Considering what we have had to put up with over the last 5 years or so, I think myself and most fans will be satisfied if;
the team is picked on merit each week
the team puts in consistently
players do their job
we don't fold under pressure
If we do that and make the 8, fantastic. If we do that and just miss the 8, that will be OK because we know that team will be building towards going higher the next year. I do have hopes of making the 8 this year but then I suppose there are fans of 15 other teams who are the same. Anyway for the last few years most of our complaints have been about the coaching and the poor decisions around that, and as others have said we finally have a top shelf coach who has already made some significant changes to team culture.

isaiah

Bench
With our horror draw to start the season, unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me if we're running around last after round 6. It's all going to depend how the players respond to that.

I have high hopes for this squad. If it all clicks then I can see us between 6-10.

A few injuries and we never get going after a tough start, 10-14.
No draw could ever be worse than broncs this year