What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where's Molly!

Swamp

Juniors
Has Molly Meldrum come out & pledged his support for the Storm or is he too busy with Hey Hey.........or St Kilda?

Swamp

ferntree footy

Juniors
Fox radio called him this morning, he's in Thailand solving the revolution (??). He sounded a bit dazed and confused and had a go at Jo for not taking it seriously, or taking his being so upset seriously. He was not too positive about the future but pledged his support.

MsStorm

Bench
Molly is a great Storm supporter and I don't blame him worrying about our future, we all are.

He's overseas at the moment, but I bet as soon as he arrives in Australia, he will be one of the first through the gate.

Rexxy

Coach
Molly should remove his gerbil before engaging brain.

He's sucked in like the rest of the ignorant rabble being played like suckers for someone elses purposes...

ANTI-SYDNEY sentiment continued to swell in Melbourne last night as angry Storm supporters vented their fury at being the target of what they believe is a plot to undermine the NRL's most successful club of recent years.

Fans of the embattled club initially seemed divided when revelations emerged of the systematic rorting of the salary cap, but by the weekend Storm supporters were determined to show their loyalty in the club's darkest hour.

At 3.30pm yesterday, 2½ hours before Melbourne's players took the field, the queue for tickets had grown from a trickle to a snake that stretched for more than 100 metres along the stadium's raised concourse. At the front of the queue was dreadlocked 27-year-old Fez Riches, who thought Saturday's training session at AAMI Park, which evolved into a call to arms for supporters, had helped rally the fan base.

''The fans are very united right now; they've committed to continuing on,'' he said.

''There's no question the penalty was harsh - that's the consensus here. It's ridiculous.

''There should be a penalty - there were rules broken - but I think they were too quick to decide the punishment.''

Many Melbourne sports fans were consumed by affairs at the MCG, where the traditional Anzac Day clash between Collingwood and Essendon attracted a crowd of grand final proportions, but the past, present and future of the Storm dominated local conversations all weekend.

Rugby league has never had so many people talking in Victoria.

There were wild variations in predictions of how many people would turn up to see the Storm play the Warriors at Etihad Stadium last night with figures ranging from 10,000 to 30,000. There was always going to be some protest votes, but if living in an AFL-dominated town has done nothing else to Storm supporters, it's made them develop the thickest of skins.

Indeed, most at the stadium were draped in team merchandise, or failing that, anything purple they could get their hands on.

Greg Long - who made the 200-kilometre drive from Shepparton with his partner in time for Saturday's training session - was angry about the penalty and wondered if the Sydney clubs would ever be treated so harshly. ''I can't believe they still won't let us play for points even if the players took a cut and went under the salary cap. As soon as they're under, that's only fair,'' he said.

''The Storm have been caught out because somebody dobbed them in, but what about what happens in Sydney? You just start wondering. They're investigating us but will they investigate those clubs up there? I doubt it.''

Retiree Mick Harris said there had never been such an important match for Storm fans to show their support, adding that the the NRL was an ''overly Sydney-centric organisation''.

''When the Bulldogs did it they got a slap on the wrists - they lost their points for the season and that was it,'' he said.

''We've copped it because we're a Melbourne side and maybe it would have happened to Brisbane. But no, never a Sydney side. I can see the club being killed off now. If that happens, we'll go and follow the Rebels.''

James Lever, a Warriors fan, was more supportive of the NRL's stance.

''It's probably the only fair thing they could have been done,'' he said. ''Who knows who else is doing it? Hopefully it might put a stop it.''

Bravely bearing a NSW State of Origin cap and a Sydney Roosters jacket, Troy Sinclair, who left Sydney 18 months ago to live in Melbourne, said he couldn't fathom why the locals were so angry at his native city.

''I can't understand it - Sydney didn't rort the books. Melbourne Storm cost themselves and they're the ones hurting their own supporters, not us,'' he said.

StormChaser

First Grade
Rexxy you botched abortion, You're about as f**king useful as a pocket pussy to Molly Meldrum.
Go away!

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Molly was actually on "Sunrise" on Friday morning via satellite from Thialand also being interviewed was Jim Wilson, Rebecca Wilson and Mark Berretta, he was supportive of the Storm and seemed upset, they also showed the sign he had painted on his front fence. He got stuck into the "Wilson kids" as he called them for being happy about the Storm's demise.