Which countries are worse?

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by t-ba, Jul 9, 2018.

?

Which countries are worse?

1. Iran and Saudi Arabia?

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Ukraine, Serbia, Bosnia, Georgia, Armenia

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. t-ba

t-ba Coach

Using the logic that number of refugees from a country determines whether it is objectively worse than another country or not posited in another thread, I think it would be interesting to discuss in a separate thread.

Iran and Saudi Arabia have less refugees per capita than Georgia, Armenia, Bosnia, Serbia and Ukraine.

Do you think these countries are worse than Iran and Saudi Arabia because of this criteria?

2. Surely

Surely Moderator Staff Member

You left out the part where Iran has considerably higher numbers than Saudi Arabia

It's probably not fair on Iran to group those two together

And when I say considerably it's about 80k plus for Iran vs 768 for Saudi.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  3. Mong

Mong Post Whore

A lot of kiwis seem to come here.

I nominate New Zealand.

Mr Spock!, Pantherjim. and t-ba like this.
  4. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

That’s something else I don’t get? NZ should fall under the category of “God’s Country” from what I’ve seen?

Mr Spock! and t-ba like this.
  5. Mong

Mong Post Whore

It’s very beautiful in places. f**ken cold though and full of New Zealanders.

Mr Spock!, t-ba and Pantherjim. like this.
  6. t-ba

t-ba Coach

Thanks for your vote mate.

Good to see you think a regime that recognised the Taliban and has verifiably backed the too crazy for Al Qaeda Jahhabat Al-Nusra containing Army of Conquest in Syria is now better than Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine, Bosnia and Serbia because it generates less domestic refugees.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  7. Smack

Smack First Grade

We need to import Thai ladboys

8. Surely

That's a seperate thread

Is your arse safer in Thailand rather than Saudi Arabia or Iran

Smack likes this.
  9. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

Good news Surely thanks to Saudi Arabia funding the growth of Sunni extremism in the area South East Asia has a growing Islamic Extremist problem.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  10. billygilmore

billygilmore Juniors

In Trump voice “China”

Mr Spock! and t-ba like this.
  11. Surely

The definitive government report on the subject of financing al Qaeda is from the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, also known as the 9/11 Commission.

The 9/11 Commission issued a report in July 2004 that said al Qaeda had an operating budget at the time of $30 million a year, and the 9/11 attacks cost between $400,000 and $500,000 (see Chapter 5.4). The report said al Qaeda had “fertile fund-raising ground in Saudi Arabia,” including from wealthy individuals and corrupt charities. But it found no evidence that the Saudi government or top government officials helped finance the terror group in the years before 9/11.

Separately, the commission released a staff report on terrorist financing in August 2004 that elaborated on al Qaeda’s fundraising operations. The staff report blamed the Saudi government for failing to oversee corrupt charities, such as the al Haramain Islamic Foundation, and for creating an environment that allowed al Qaeda’s fundraising to flourish.

https://www.factcheck.org/2015/02/saudi-arabia-and-the-911-terrorist-attacks/

It would appear it's not the govt like you clowns make out

More individuals and religious organisations, much like what happens here

12. t-ba

t-ba Coach

Only .01% of North Koreans are refugees, so by Surely logic the .93% of Croatians that are refugees must make Croatia worse than North Korea!

Mr Spock! and Pantherjim. like this.
  13. t-ba

t-ba Coach

Look, Surely has established that the sole way to determine a regime's worh is determined by the number of refugees that come from there, so I am not sure why you are bringing extremist backing into the equation.

What we really need to discuss is the menacing evil of Croatia

[​IMG]

Perhaps a fair call.

Mr Spock!, Pantherjim. and myrrh ken like this.
  14. Danish

Danish Referee

we need to increase our intake of Croat refugees if we want the Socceroos to stop sucking again

15. t-ba

t-ba Coach

Our best young player is Iranian too!

I think a refugee program largely dedicated to Persian and Croatian footballers and in particular women, may be a winner!

No shit haircuts allowed.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  16. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

It is in a lot of respects but the migration flow is still easily explainable by four factors:

1: economy- Australian wages are significantly higher. When I moved across the ditch as a young bloke in 2002 I went from NZ $35K to AU $42K straight away- which was approximately equivalent to NZ 52K at the time. Given that costs of living in NZ are actually more expensive in many areas such as groceries, fuel and manufactured goods, that was a big jump. Even housing isn’t really much cheaper over there- relative to income housing affordability in Auckland is actually if anything worse than Sydney.
    Unemployment was also lower here thoug I think that’s evened out since.
    2: size. NZ is small, the whole country has a population slightly lower than Sydney, and the biggest city (Auckland) is only a bit larger than Adelaide and contains 1/3 of the entire population. So many young people especially move here for excitement and opportunities presented by a bigger city.
    3: Climate. NZ actually has pretty decent weather by world standards, it’s relatively mild all year round, especially compared to many places in Europe, North America or China. But it’s cold and wet compared pretty much anywhere in Australia.
    4: lack of the usual barriers to migration: Culturally NZ and Australia are so similar that moving across the ditch hardly feels “foreign”. Most non-Maori social customs are the same, the currency is similar, business practices and labour laws are similar, we speak closely related dialects of the same language. Plus there are no hoops to jump through with visas or work permits, or limitations to the amount of time you can stay here. In most respects moving across the Tasman is more like movin*interstate than moving to a foreign country in terms of the amount of hassle and adstment needed.

All that said though I’m increasingly starting to eye the possibilities of moving back home at some point- but given my occupation limits my options of places to move to fairly significantly, it could be tricky.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Mr Spock! and Pantherjim. like this.
  17. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

Saudi Arabia is a bit of an outlier because of several unique factors. Life is pretty good there for a citizen if you are a: Muslim and b: male. As pretty much everyone is Muslim the first part plies to almost the entire male population and the women’s lives are so restricted that independently fleeing the country isn’t really practical for them.
    The place is also awash in oil money and locals are generously provided for by the government (they get migrant workers to do all the shit work) so locals don’t have it hard as long as they toe the line.
    None of that changes he fact that the place is run by a horrible regime that is a terrible influence on the world though.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  18. t-ba

t-ba Coach

Mate please don't discuss other factors. They aren't important.

Surely has determined that the true worth of a regime is based on refugee numbers and refugee numbers alone.

That, and articles from Elle.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  19. Surely

Wonder why he wanted to get out of Iran.

20. Surely

Yes, people wanting to flee a country is a pretty good lead on the shitness of it.