What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Gold Coast name do you think is best?

Which is the best name for the Gold Coast?

• Total voters

Nugby

Juniors
Because of where they are, they have so many awesome options, though I don't care which it is, I'll just look forward to all the defamaory headlines that will be possible with a few of those names. I hope they stay away from this new still of calling it some kind of concept though, like the Power or the Force, i.e. the Heat, and opt for something like the Pirates

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well, since it's the only one of my initial suggestions to appear on the poll, I went with corsairs. They're essentially the same as pirates, but sound a helluva lot less gay.

DIEHARD

----
Corsairs is a good name. And as you said, a little less...

At least there was no pirate member of the Village People.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Nugby said:
Because of where they are, they have so many awesome options, though I don't care which it is, I'll just look forward to all the defamaory headlines that will be possible with a few of those names. I hope they stay away from this new still of calling it some kind of concept though, like the Power or the Force, i.e. the Heat, and opt for something like the Pirates

I hate names like that, the force, the roar, the glory etc. I would rather something unoriginal like the pirates than that. I think they should be named after a reptile as it hasn't been used yet in the NRL. The gold coast cobras, vipers, death adders, copperheads.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
GC Gators
GC Razorbacks
GC Gladiators
GC Centurians
GC Sand groppers
GC Strippers
GC Wolfhounds
GC Mantarays
GC Falcons
GC Raptors
GC Galahs
GC Gorilla's
GC Cougars
GC Marlins
GC Funnelwebs
GC Cobra's
GC Rocks
GC Goanna's

yankeeboy

Juniors
I think that either Pirates, Buccaneers, Bucs, or Corsairs would be great-- there are no RL clubs that I know of with a 'swashbuckler' like name, and the logo possibilities are endless.

The best "GC specific" name would be SUN, with no 's' at the end. However, I'm not too keen on the inanimate object name trend.

Titans would also be a good choice-- as Denzel Washington put it-- "The Titans were greater than even the Gods."

Redback71

First Grade
dont realy like any of them if i had to choose most probably
1/ cobra
2/ pirates
3/ stingrays
4/ cougars

would prefer coastal taipans or pythons!

spacemanspiff

Juniors
I'm a fan of RLFC. Gives it a degree of respectability that 'Pirates' just doesnt offer.
Tough to get the kids involved in RLFC though - a mascot always helps.
In which case I can see the pirates getting the nod.