What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which half would you choose?

If you could sign a half for 2017

• Blake Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benji Marshall

• Corey Norman

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Peter Wallace

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Anthony Milford

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Cooper Cronk

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Moses Mbye

• Adam Reynolds (breaks contract)

• Mitchell Pearce (breaks contract)

• Jamie Soward (breaks contract)

• No Signing, Rankin to move to halves

• Re-sign Littlejohn or Drinkwater to partner

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Fordy20

Juniors
It's not a bad idea having Lawrence there. He just plays the same role as in the backrow. He belts it up and tackles hard all game.

That would defeat Taylor's plan of prevent Farah from ball playing. With Moses out, Taylor's hand was forced and we got to see glimpses of pre-Taylor Farah doing some ball playing again.

Maybe Taylor could play Moses at fullback to replace Teddy and get him used to running again.

Hey guys, very slow morning at work so thought I’d do someone online research. Hopefully you all find it interesting.

Regarding Brooks and Moses, as Tiger fans we either hate them or love them, we either think they were rushed into 1st grade, not up to first grade standard, should be playing NSW Cup etc etc.
But just recently there has been a few ‘experts’ saying that Aiden Seizer should be picked for SOO and I thought, well I know he was at the Titans for a few years but what’s his background and how long has it taken for him to be ‘noticed’. I have included a few other young guys as well.

Brooks:
Age 21
DOB 21 Dec 94

1st Grade debut Rd 24 – 2013 Age 18

NYC:
2013 – 18 games – 14 tries
2013 NYC Team of the Year

Other
2012 – Australian Schoolboys

Moses:
Age 21
DOB 16 Sept 94

1st Grade debut Rd 17 – 2014 Age 20

NYC:
2013/14 – 23 games – 16 tries & 17 goals
2014 SOO team

Other
2012 – Australian Schoolboys
2012 – SG Ball Player of the Year

Aidan Seizer:
Age 24
DOB 24 Jun 91

1st Grade debut Rd 7 – 2012 Age 20

NYC:
2010/11 – 37 games – 13 tries & 155 goals
2010 NYC Team of the Year

Anthony Milford:
Age 21
DOB 11 July 94

1st Grade debut Rd 5 – 2013 Age 18

NYC:
2012/13 – 20 games – 20 tries & 64 goals

Josh Drinkwater:

Age 23
DOB 15 Jun 1992

1st Grade debut Rd 5 – 2013 Age 20

NYC:
2010/12 – 46 games – 18 tries & 64 goals

Other
2014 London Broncos – 26 games – 5 tries & 58 goals

Adam Reynolds:
Age 25
DOB 10 Jul 1990

1st Grade debut Rd 1 – 2012 Age 21

NYC:
2009/10 – 46 games – 21 tries & 159 goals

Chad Townsend
Age 25
DOB 10 Jan 1991

1st Grade debut Rd 13 – 2011 Age 20

NYC:
2009/11 – 55 games – 16 tries & 132 goals

NSW Cup:
2013 Team of the Year

So did they need to be playing with a more experienced 6 or 7 with them (by picking 1 only naturally?)
Should they have had a season in the NSW Cup? Even Drinkwater had a season in London

?

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't believe any of the stuff about giving Brooks & Moses an experienced half to partner them. I do think our forwards can make their jobs easier.

The thing is both of them have had opportunities and their execution has let them down. I think they both may turn into good players but they need to really take a step up.

I put Brooks. Moses and Siro all in the same category in that they have their moments but they aren't really turning into reliable all round performers.

I also read an article today about playing Cartwright as 5/8 for NSW. I wonder if we would have been better off playing Siro there. I'd give you a solid defender and maybe he would have fitted there as well.

macnaz

Staff member
Some quick stats.

ALL RUNS . Brooks - 65 Moses -28
ALL METRES RUN . Brooks -521 Moses -254
TRY ASSISTS . Brooks -8 Moses -6
LINE BREAK ASSIST Brooks -8 Moses -6
KICK METRES Brooks-1795 Moses -1399
40/20 Brooks -2 Moses -0
PENALTIES CONCEDED Brooks-1 Moses -4
TACKLES . Brooks - 101 Moses - 127
TACKLES MISSED Brooks- 38 Moses- 33

One doesn't have a major ego
One isn't in the media talking about contracts
One doesn't berate fellow players
One is faster
One is physically stronger

Ill let you all be the judge on who the best choice would be , unfortunately we will blow at least 20% of our cap on both :oops:

Tigerted

Juniors
We r stuck with both of them in 2017.No club would be insane enough to offer either one of these bums anywhere near the 600k they will earn from their moronic current employer.

The undeniable truth is that both the 6 & 7 are shithouse.

We r f**ked until at least 2018 & that's assuming the hierarchy r capable of making numerous significant decisions re our roster & coach in '17 when the majority of contracts expire.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brooks isn't shithouse. He proved that against Souths.

When has Moses ever made his side look that good against such quality opposition?

Tigerted

Juniors
Such quality opposition u can't b fair dinkum.Souths were woeful.They didn't turn up against us.Yes I know that brooks played well against them but both he & Moses r not up to NRL standard.

Moses did have an excellent game against a manly team @ Leichhardt that provided much stronger opposition than that docile Souths side 2 weeks ago.

The unfortunate truth is that they've both been rushed to NRL w/out doing an appropriate apprenticeship in a decent reserve grade comp.

I reiterate that our 6 & 7 r both pathetic & we r stuck with them coz no other club will offer them anywhere near this dopey club is paying them.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That Souths pack was clearly better than ours and the Manly pack.

Brooks made our side look good.

Moses made himself look good.

Tiger05

First Grade
That Souths pack was clearly better than ours and the Manly pack.

Brooks made our side look good.

Moses made himself look good.

I don't believe this line at all. Both of them are at this point pretty ordinary. They may both turn into good players but potential isn't really enough. They both did some good things out there today. They both need to do a lot more.

The question is should we sack one or both of them.

Personally I'd rather punt the coach and see how the team performs with someone else rather than the muppet we have there at the moment.

Tigerted

Juniors
The only thing we can do to try & improve & get the best out of these 2 kids is to f**k Taylor of coz under his watch they haven't improved in any aspect of their games.The evidence is overwhelming that the team as a whole has regressed under the gump Taylor.

Tigerted

Juniors
BuffaloRules exactly.That was by far souffs worst performance under madge as coach.What souffs did was delay the inevitable re Taylor's termination of employment with WT.

Tiger05

First Grade
The only thing we can do to try & improve & get the best out of these 2 kids is to f**k Taylor of coz under his watch they haven't improved in any aspect of their games.The evidence is overwhelming that the team as a whole has regressed under the gump Taylor.

Yep. Piss this guy off and see how they go.

Dogs Of War

Coach
From an outsiders point of view. Brooks would the one I would keep. A good coach would strip his game back a bit and just get him to concentrate on the fundamentals for the rest of the season.

Moses is a funny one. He can do amazing things but I'm not sure how you put a team around the bloke. Too off the cuff.

I keep hearing the dogs are interested is brooks. But it comes down to dollars. Neither of them are worth 600k a season at this point.

I do agree it would be good to get an old head next to one of them who could guide them. Or at least one that is happy to spend a season in NSW cup but train with those guys and provide the advice/guidance they don't seem to be getting from Taylor.

Last edited:
Yep, they have not progressed under Taylor at all, remember at start of the year there was the talk about them going to Taylor and asking that they be allowed to run the ball. Have they decided not to do that or has Taylor told them not to do that?

How many times do we see Brooks and Moses pass to each other? How many times in a half of football do Thurston & Morgan, Townsend & Maloney, Hunt & Milford etc pass to each other?

Fordy20

Juniors
While I'd hate to lose Brooks, he would flourish behind that Dogs forward pack and without having Moses overcalling him on every play. That Bulldogs spine isn't that flash, but they still managed to dominate us.

Latest posts