What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which nations would you like to see make the rlwc2017?

Which nations would you like to see in the rlwc2017?

• Ireland

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Russia

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Wales

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Serbia

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Spain

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PaulyTom

Juniors
This is not who you think will make it. This is who you would like to see in the world cup.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ireland were competitive last time out, Wales are an untapped hope for development of the game and Catalans success in promoting the game in northern Spain would be good to see Spain in there

PaulyTom

Juniors
Spain would be nice and personally I would like to see Serbia . I know there is alot of work going on in Serbia to grow Rugby league .

deal.with.it

Juniors
I think Russia and Serbia are one or two heritage players off beating Italy. They definitely have Italy covered domestically.

Emu01

Juniors
Serbia cos they are doing well without heritage players and are growing the game in their country..

Spain for similar reasons,Spain have really done well in their short time playing the game.

langpark

First Grade
Serbia Wales and Spain seem to be fan favourites so far.

Will be interesting to see some of the jerseys
Really?

Not sure how much you follow it, but Wales and Ireland are favourites, followed by Italy, probably followed now by Spain. Serbia, depending on how many heritage players they can woo between now and October are probably 5th, then Russia 6th.

deluded pom?

Coach
Really?

Not sure how much you follow it, but Wales and Ireland are favourites, followed by Italy, probably followed now by Spain. Serbia, depending on how many heritage players they can woo between now and October are probably 5th, then Russia 6th.

I think PaulyTom means Serbia and Spain are the favourite choices of the people who have voted on this thread, not with the bookies

langpark

First Grade
Indeed! Only just noticed the world fan favourite now. In that case I'd say that's correct, two good underdog teams that have done a great job developing RL in their respective countries.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think Wales Ireland and Italy will have too many professional players for the other 3 to make a dent.
Next 4 years Serbia, Russia and Spain should focus on getting some of their best talents into professional set ups, and bring that knowledge back home.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Wales for mine deserve to be there. A long history with the sport and 2 semi pro clubs competing in England. Not to mention a large number of there squad will be home grown players. As other have mentioned before would love to see Serbia and Spain get there however I suspect both in particular Spain will really struggle

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
My girlfriend is Spanish, so im picking Spain just so we can sit down together and watch her proud nation get flogged. (and im hoping she finds it interesting enough to come to a Les Catalan game with me next time we're in Europe)

Id also like Russia to get in and im not too worried about the 3rd

(it would have been great for China to get in, the locals there would take up any gimmicky piece of shit and become fanatics for the 3 weeks)

Latest posts