What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which NBA team do you support and Why?

Bluebag

Juniors
I have been a proud LA Clippers fan even when they were the San Diego Clippers. I have never waivered and never will, just love my Clips, I have been lucky enough to watch them play live against the Bulls including Jordan, as well as several other games in both the good years and the bad, (which have been plentiful).

Mighty Tiger

Bench
See I'm torn on this topic because I have always supported the Kings since Mitch Richmond played as I always thought he never got the credit he deserved amongst the ranks of players in the nba during his time. Now I still support them however since I first saw AI many seasons ago I have started supporting the Phillies as well ...

weasel

First Grade
When I was young I liked Houston. Then I lost interest in the sport for a few years. My friend who's obsessed with basketball got me back into it at the start of season 98-99 and I thought Vince Carter was a pretty good prospect so I took a liking to Toronto. That was also the first season that C-Webb was at the Kings, he had always been a fave of mine and Sacramento had always interested me as a team despite having sucked, so they became my favourite Western Conference side.

Bluebag

Juniors
I saw Houston play in 84 with the twin towers of Ralph Sampson and Akeem the dream, they were aweseome. they played the Jazz with John Stockton in his rookie year trying to drive between them in a playoff game to win for Utah. Needless to say the ball disappeared out of there.

Matt23

Staff member
Phoenix Suns - I started following the NBA during the 3rd year of chicago's first "3peat" I was supporting the suns, just to be different.

El Coconuto

Bench
I grew up a huge Penny Hardaway fan so I have been an Orlando Magic fan for a long time. Admittedly, I did like the Chicago Bulls when Michael Jordan was in his prime (thank goodness he came around, who could imagine the NBA without his influence).

I've been probing the Utah Jazz lately though because I've got some family over there and we stayed there for a while just a few months ago. Absolutely beautiful!

Cheers.

Choppies

Coach
Ive always loved the Blazers and because I have Relitives in Portland I go over there once a year and catch a couple of games tho next year Im goin on an NBA trip with my dad cousins and a couple of mates

all 30 cities 30 games how sweet will it be eh?

you have no idea how long we have been saving for this trip I cant wait

plus at each game I get a new NBA jersey (the cheapo jersey not the authentic)

cant wait

t-ba

Post Whore
Spurs. The First Card I ever saw was an Admiral Rookie when I opened up a pack of Hoops Way back when. Absolute champion...

Turd Ferguson

Juniors
I used to like the Warriors when they had Hardaway, Sprewell, Webber etc. Then I sort of moved to the T'Wolves with Garnett, and the Bucks before they traded away all their good players.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
This thread throws up a few great names and combinations of the past 10years dosn't it

I remember when I was just starting to follow the nba and chose the hornets as my first team to follow only because I licked the hornet logo :lol: :lol: Even though back then they had Bouges, Mourning, Curry, Gill and Johnson to name a few ....

Its good to still see a few of those blokes going around in todays NBA - Malone, Robinson, Stockton, Mourning, Webber, O'Niel, Carter again just to name a few..... I guess the new names of James, Kaman, Anthony, Ford and Bosh no doubt will be players in another 10 years time that we will be talking about in the same vien

Bluebag

Juniors
El Coconuto, Utah is a terrific state, some beautiful countrysides. I was there when the Jazz played at the old Salt palace, BYU has an enormous football and basketball stadium as well.

weasel

First Grade
Yep, every second person in the street would be wearing a Bulls Jumper, or singlet, or cap, or socks, or Air Jordans.

Lakers since Magic.

But I did have a phase where I liked the Atlanta Hawks simply because of Dominique Wilkins. I really can't explain the distaste I have for that team now after the way they treated him.

El Coconuto

Bench
Bluebag, you've hit it on the nail. Utah is simply beautiful.

By my understanding, the BYU basketball stadium is the Marriot Centre. Apparently when I read the plaque beside the entrance it was dedicated to the financial backer behind the program, who is the same guy who founded the Marriot Hotels. I'm not too sure of what his first name was though?

When I was over there we managed to catch a glimpse of the BYU vs Colorado State football game. Amazing. The atmosphere is incredible. They support absolutely everything there (and that speaks for most of Ameroca, not just Utah).

8)

t-ba

Post Whore
This thread got me interested ina 'where are they now' way.

I'd just like to inform you all that Manute Bol was Imprisoned as a political and Religous Prisoner in his Native Sudan for Refusing to convert to Islam and Spending 3.5 Million to assist Christian Rebels in his native land, and managed to escape last year. :shock: .

See my avatar. I support my local team.

But as a long-time NBA watcher, I cheered for the Knicks in the 70s, Sixers in the early 80s, Pistons in the late 80s/early 90s, and lately whoever is playing the Lakers in the playoffs.

Latest posts