What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which players should the Americans be after?

roopy

Referee
If the pro League gets off the ground for next season the American comp could need up to 40 league imports to get the game off the ground.

I think they should be looking at forwards with lots of experience mostly, because it will be much easier to convert Union backs to League than forwards.

Guys I'd like to see take up the challenge of launching the game in America (in a meaningful way) are Adam Muir, Darren Tracey, Colin Ward, Billy Peden, Matt Parsons, Terry Hill, John Hopate, Craig Field.

Those are the type of player who could pass on huge amounts of knowledge in a few seasons and then maybe take up coaching roles with the American sides.

Lantana

Juniors
Unfortunately Field, Hill, Tracey and Hopoate are all f**kwits. You could not allow these deadshits to be ambassadors when you are looking to establish the game.
Field - Drug suspension
Hill - Drink Driving x 2
Hopoate - Bum poking
Tracey - Fighting team mates

We need to look at the Wishart's, Mackay's, Langer's, Gee's etc

joshreading

Staff member
I think they shoudl raid union for the more technical positions - eg. Half back, Five eighth etc and get Gridiron players for positions such as props second rowers, centres and wingers.