What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which players will be swapped for Angus?

southsport

First Grade
So the extension of Boyd Cordner at the roosters for a further 3 or 4 years is imminent.

That doesn't make sense though because I thought he was done, the roosters were desperate to get Angus in 2018 and the great player swap would occur?

I guess you could always stick it right to us and play Angus for every minute this season ;)

There could be a swap with an unexpected twist.

Don't want Cordner.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Yes it is.

What's your opinion of it?

I don’t know how much legs it actually has but it’s kind of weird to think that the Storm would be willing to release Kaufusi early just to get a player like Napa. I’d love it if it happened because I think we should get rid of Angus ASAP.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Wait..

What?

The roosters apparently offered us Napa for Crichton but we declined, however apparently Storm are keen on Napa and there’s a rumour going around that they’ll release Kaufusi to us if we release Crichton to the roosters a season early. So it’s like a 3 way swap. Don’t know how much legs it actually has.

southsport

First Grade
I don’t know how much legs it actually has but it’s kind of weird to think that the Storm would be willing to release Kaufusi early just to get a player like Napa. I’d love it if it happened because I think we should get rid of Angus ASAP.

That's one way of looking at it, but why should Souths help the roosters get rid of Napa?

Dogmatix

Juniors
I don't see how releasing Crichton is a good move for Souths

Latest market has him valued as a 900K player. Souths for 2018 would be paying him far less than that. That makes him a bargain on Souths' books for 2018

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
That's one way of looking at it, but why should Souths help the roosters get rid of Napa?

I still think Napa’s a gun. I know he had a below average season but we’ve persisted with the Burgess boys who haven’t had a good season since 2015. I believe releasing Napa will be a massive loss for them. Gaining Crichton isn’t going to help them significantly. He runs a great line but he becomes a turnstile in defence after he’s on the field for a long time. If he’s playing inside Cronk then I genuinely worry for Cronk. Arey was left stranded by Crichton numerous times last year. He’s also just had a finger cutoff. There are so many factors that could lead to Crichton’s form taking a dip from the breakout season.

Kaufusi>Crichton all day.

Valheru

Coach
I haven't heard anything about us wanting Cordner.

We're chasing Felise Kaufusi

Not saying you guys want cordner.

The mail on here was that cordner's knee was done thus we were desperate for angus this year and souths were going to be in a position of power to get a player like Mitchell.

Clearly that isn't the case

callmack1

Staff member
This three way swap thing is very interesting. Does anyone know where it's come from?

Tbh, I can't see it happening this close to the start of the season but we will see.

Right now I'd let Crichton go if we were getting Kaufusi as I'd much rather cheer for a fantastic player that I know wants to be at the club and isn't a traitor.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Felise Kaufusi averaged 46 NRL fantasy points a game last season. Angus Crichton averaged 60 NRL fantasy points a game last season

Angus is clearly a class or two above Kaufusi and has improvement to come given his age. Souths swapping Crichton for Kaufusi is madness. It is not Crichton's fault that Souths were not prepared to match the other offers in the market to keep him at Souths

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Felise Kaufusi averaged 46 NRL fantasy points a game last season. Angus Crichton averaged 60 NRL fantasy points a game last season

Angus is clearly a class or two above Kaufusi and has improvement to come given his age. Souths swapping Crichton for Kaufusi is madness. It is not Crichton's fault that Souths were not prepared to match the other offers in the market to keep him at Souths
How about actual stats not fantasy footy points

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Dogmatix

Juniors
Crichton born 1996 vs Kaufusi born 1992 = 4 years more improvement in Crichton

Crichton 89.8% tackle efficiency vs Kaufusi 90.5% tackle efficiency so an edge to Kaufusi there

Crichton 121m per game vs Kaufusi 90m per game so big edge to Crichton there

Crichton was playing in a mostly losing team last season while Kaufusi was sailing along as part of a dominant team so Crichton had it tougher

southsport

First Grade
I still think Napa’s a gun. I know he had a below average season but we’ve persisted with the Burgess boys who haven’t had a good season since 2015. I believe releasing Napa will be a massive loss for them. Gaining Crichton isn’t going to help them significantly. He runs a great line but he becomes a turnstile in defence after he’s on the field for a long time. If he’s playing inside Cronk then I genuinely worry for Cronk. Arey was left stranded by Crichton numerous times last year. He’s also just had a finger cutoff. There are so many factors that could lead to Crichton’s form taking a dip from the breakout season.

Kaufusi>Crichton all day.

Yes, I guess you've pretty much nailed it with that post, roosters may have payed massive overs for Crichton.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Crichton born 1996 vs Kaufusi born 1992 = 4 years more improvement in Crichton

Crichton 89.8% tackle efficiency vs Kaufusi 90.5% tackle efficiency so an edge to Kaufusi there

Crichton 121m per game vs Kaufusi 90m per game so big edge to Crichton there

Crichton was playing in a mostly losing team last season while Kaufusi was sailing along as part of a dominant team so Crichton had it tougher
Just because of the age difference doesn’t mean that every player will improve.

Fair point Kaufusi in a winning side but as far as his input and doing his role I’d say he is a suitable quality replacement if we can get the deal done (I’d say Storm are in a stronger position to retain him though)

Felise:

9 Tries
14 linebreaks
6 linebreak assists
23 offloads
898 tackles (90.5% efficiency)
2451 metres (90.8 avg)
77.5 minutes played
18 errors
10 penalties

Angus:

7 tries
10 linebreaks
1 linebreak assist
25 offloads
682 tackles (89.8 efficiency)
2665 metres (121.1 avg)
70.5 minutes avg
11 penalties
9 errors

Rabbit toes

First Grade
So if there is legs to the rumours then why not try and get Gus to flip on the roosters?
Leaves the storm and roosters grasping at thin air.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
So if there is legs to the rumours then why not try and get Gus to flip on the roosters?
He wants to go to Roosters.
We tried to get him to stay with a good deal and even Russell’s involvement.. he made his choice.. now we need to secure a quality replacement

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Crichton definitely wants to be a rooster. If you put it into perspective and take the emotions out of everything it makes sense that he would choose the roosters. They finished 2nd last year and have only improved their roster for the next 2 years. They offered more money than us. Fittler has closer connections to the Roosters than Souths, ultimately giving him a better opportunity to debut for NSW earlier. He took the easy choice and went with the glamour team. I’m sure everyone here would of loved it if he stayed at Souths, just like everyone at the Tigers would’ve loved it if Tedesco stayed at the tigers. They are both players with great potential and imo could of been much more if they stayed at their respective clubs. It’s easy to join a club going well. What’s hard is to stay at a club that’s struggling and help them rebuild.