What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which players will be swapped for Angus?

Valheru

Coach
Yes, I guess you've pretty much nailed it with that post, roosters may have payed massive overs for Crichton.

Massive overs?

I guess that depends on what you believe the offer actually is? If you believe souths, who web\aren't involved in negotiations with the chooks, it is $1M a year.

If you believe the people who offered the deal, it is more like $700k

callmack1

Staff member
Felise Kaufusi averaged 46 NRL fantasy points a game last season. Angus Crichton averaged 60 NRL fantasy points a game last season

Angus is clearly a class or two above Kaufusi and has improvement to come given his age. Souths swapping Crichton for Kaufusi is madness. It is not Crichton's fault that Souths were not prepared to match the other offers in the market to keep him at Souths
In hindsight, I actually think that we did the right thing in regards to Crichton as the Roosters have paid overs for him at this stage of his career. We don't want a repeat of the Burgess twins pay scenario.

southsport

First Grade
Massive overs?

I guess that depends on what you believe the offer actually is? If you believe souths, who web\aren't involved in negotiations with the chooks, it is $1M a year.

If you believe the people who offered the deal, it is more like $700k

I think the deal clincher was that he will pick up $150k in origin payments this year for signing with the roosters.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
The chooks have now officially re-signed Cordner.

Any updated news on this player swap that the roosters are so desperate for?
Just heard on the radio that Cordner is now the highest paid second rower in the NRL!! The sombrero is getting bigger:grinning:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just heard on the radio that Cordner is now the highest paid second rower in the NRL!! The sombrero is getting bigger:grinning:
We knew that was coming though...

Plus they say they barely do TPA's.....

Oh Uncle Nick thinks we are silly...

How much are they saying Cordner is on??