What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team will beat one of the top 3 in rlwc2017

Which team will beat one of the top 3 in rlwc2017?

• Tonga

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Samoa

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Fiji

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Png

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Usa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lebanon

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Scotland

• France

• Other European nation

• Total voters

jim_57

Staff member
Would love to see one, but not overly confident. Although we seem to be getting closer and closer, so maybe by next year. A team outside the top 3 making the final would be huge.

Italy did beat England in 2013, but not in an official test and Samoa came very close against NZ in 2014. When it does happen I would love it to be PNG or France full of home grown players.

Burns

First Grade
Yeah, would love to see it be PNG or France that have their 'breakout' this World Cup. That said, I think Samoa will have the best odds in knocking over one of the big 3 on their best day/their worst day. Wales could be an outside chance?

paulmac

Juniors
If Samoa can get a decent 6,7 & 9 I give them a chance.So they need Milford,Nu Brown & perhaps Thomas Leulaui to commit.Their forwards & outside backs can match it with anyone.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Upset opportunities -
1. Samoa vs NZ
2. Tonga vs NZ
3. Semi final
4. Quarterfinal Featuring England
5. Lebanon vs England

undertaker

Coach
As much as I would love to see it happening, I think it will be at least another World Cup until we see a team beating Australia/NZ/England.

Looking at the draw though, if you were to say which team has the BEST CHANCE of beating one of the big 3, I would say Samoa (vs NZ in the opening match).

Emu01

Juniors
I would like to see the French step up at this World Cup, but unfortunately I just can't see them improving enough. I hope I'm wrong.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Check out highlights from latest hunters match.
2 impressive tries that could reflect well for the kumuls come WC time.
The skills from the 5/8 to pick the right option with a nice long ball to the winger shows something that has been missing from Kumuls teams. Also the sheer speed from the centre/winger to run the length of the field under pressure. Very impressive.

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2016/08/01/highlights_rd21_png_.html

adamkungl

Immortal
I'd really like to see France PNG Samoa and Wales (in order of likelihood) step it up a notch. I just don't think it's realistically gonna happen. England winning the final is more likely than them dropping a game to France I think.

jim_57

Staff member
Even if there are no upsets we still have a few teams now that could provide close games for the big 3, which is a sure sign we're building, but a lot of hard work to be done yet to get more teams up to the big 3's level.

Pommy

Coach
Going off the pacific tests I don't think any would. They were great games to watch and full of pride and passion but I just don't see them beating any of the top 3.