What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which venue should host the 2017 ANZAC Test

Where should the 2017 ANZAC Test be played

• Adelaide Oval

• Eden Park, Auckland

• ANZ Stadium, Sydney

• Westpac Stadium, Wellington

• Melbourne Cricket Ground

• Townsville

• Canberra

Results are only viewable after voting.

TIM !!!!!!

Juniors
Which venue should the 2017 Anzac Test. In my opinion it should either be at the Adelaide Oval or Eden Park, Auckland.

I say the Adelaide Oval because no World Cup matches will be in Adelaide and it has never hosted a test match.

I say Eden Park because there is a really big rugby league fan base in Auckland and I think they will get a big crowd. 35,000+ ??

Scubby

Juniors
Which venue should the 2017 Anzac Test. In my opinion it should either be at the Adelaide Oval or Eden Park, Auckland.

I say the Adelaide Oval because no World Cup matches will be in Adelaide and it has never hosted a test match.

I say Eden Park because there is a really big rugby league fan base in Auckland and I think they will get a big crowd. 35,000+ ??

I think NZ need this game to help them promote the 2017 RLWC. I would say that Wellington or Auckland would be an ideal venue.

Last Week

Bench
I'm tempted to say Perth again. On the back of momentum from the end of year test this year.

But seeing as it's a world cup year, NZ could use the promotion.

jim_57

Staff member
I'd go with somewhere in NZ, Eden Park or Wellington and run ticket offers with World Cup cross promotion. Have World Cup tickets, information packages, merchandise all around the ground.

I wonder if the World Cup team will get any say in it to help promote their tournament..

Or the ARLC will just chuck it in Brisbane, barely promote it or use it to promote the World Cup, get 30,000, job done.

Coastbloke

Bench
Not very big but the Dunedin stadium looks good.
Either that or go out with a bang for the last mid year Test and hold it at ANZ and flog it like they do with Origin..

Golden point

Juniors
Not very big but the Dunedin stadium looks good.
Either that or go out with a bang for the last mid year Test and hold it at ANZ and flog it like they do with Origin..
Your right. South Island in overlooked for potential rugby league growth. I think a Broncos game drew a bumper crowd of about 20000 a couple of years ago? Should get a great crowd for a test and win some new fans.

Every year we say play it in NZ and every year it's in Australia because of Nein. It will be no different this year.

Next use will be different because the NRL has killed it altogether.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
NZ would be nice for once. Just the once this century before they kill it off. Seems the only thing NZ have to do with it is being the opposition.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You'd get another 20k sell out in perth but I'd say NZ should host it, but not Auckand.