What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are all the sponsors at Telstra stadium?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Apart from Telstra obviously.

I wish to know as I don't want to have anything to do with anyone who sponsors a stadium that didnt guarantee league before AFL. First thing tomorrow all my phone accounts will change to another carrier.

I'd even stop drinking VB if they have anything to do with that stadium :shock:

Moffo

Referee
Pfft, who knows, all the big corporates would have their paws in on it

Im going to keep emailing the NRL with repetitive blasts. How can they roll other so easily? Pathetic. And Ken Edwards, AFL HAVE PLAYED 6 MOTHER f**kING games there and league has played probably close to 50. And they get the ground??

Joke

Moffo

Referee
im so fired up over this, its the most pathetic thing i have ever seen in the AFL/NRL struggle

:evil: :evil:

Moffo

Referee
Now they are playing it irrespective of what day it falls on??

More News
General News
Wednesday, September 03, 2003 3:45:53 PM
DOGS ANNOUNCE FINALS VENUE

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs have today announced that they will play their home semi-final next week at the Sydney Showground.

There was a degree of uncertainty from the Bulldogs perspective as to whether their regular home grounds, the Sydney Showground or the alternate venue Telstra Stadium would be the preferred site for the match.

Telstra Stadium’s refusal to provide certainty surrounding the booking arrangements at this point led the Bulldogs and the NRL to schedule the game at the Sydney Showground, irrespective of the day on which the match falls.

Both the Bulldogs coaching staff and playing staff have expressed their support for the decision, particularly given the atmosphere at the ground during recent games.

Given the Bulldogs preference in this issue, the NRL has not pursued the Telstra Stadium further.

The possible scenarios are as follows:

BULLDOGS FINISH IN 3RD POSITION
BULLDOGS v 6TH PLACE TEAM – 5.30pm Saturday 13 September 2003

BULLDOGS FINISH IN 4TH POSITION
BULLDOGS v 5TH PLACE TEAM – 7.30pm Friday 12 September 2003

Tickets for this match will go on sale 9.00am Sunday 7 September 2003 for Season Ticket Holders through Ticketek outlets including the Bulldogs TeamStore at Bankstown Square. Season Ticket Holders will also be able to purchase tickets at the Bulldogs Football Office at Belmore Sports Ground from Monday 8 September, 2003.

Bulldogs Season Ticket Holders are entitled to purchase up to 4 tickets per member.

Tickets will go on sale to the General Public at 9.00am Tuesday 9 September 2003.

Phone sales of tickets for this match can only be made by calling Ticketek on 9266-4800 from 9.00am Sunday 7 September 2003 for Season Ticket Holders and 9.00am Tuesday 9 September 2003 for the General Public. Season Ticket holders will be required to quote their member details and also produce their Season Tickets on collection.

Details for Season Ticket holder entitlements will be advised ASAP.

The Bulldogs strongly advise all supporters intending on driving to Sydney Olympic Park for this event to pre purchase P1 parking on Sunday morning 7 September when the day for the Bulldogs match has been confirmed.

www.bulldogs.com.au

This is f**ked up :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Canterbury

Juniors
editor does nothing. us blokes at 'the kennel have emailed him numerous times over the past couple of weeks but haven't recieved a reply of any sort.

roostergirl

Juniors
Sent the following email for your campaign Moffy

re: AFL over NRL @ Telstra Stadium

The decision is absolutely bullshit.

Sydney is a Rugby League town....we should have first preference....why can't The Swans play at the SCG?

So will the AFL roll over as easily if Melbourne Storm ever wanted to play at the MCG??

I think not.

It wasn't the NRL's choice - it was the choice of Telstra Stadium's management on who would make them more money.

As far as they're concerned, the Swans game will draw more than the Bulldogs game - and gate receipts is all the TS management give a rat's about.

El Diablo

Post Whore
TheFirstRabbitoh said:
It wasn't the NRL's choice - it was the choice of Telstra Stadium's management on who would make them more money.

As far as they're concerned, the Swans game will draw more than the Bulldogs game - and gate receipts is all the TS management give a rat's about.

That's why you should visit the Telstra Stadium link I put up as they have an admin email addy on their home page.

Solon

Juniors
El Duque said:
TheFirstRabbitoh said:

That's why you should visit the Telstra Stadium link I put up as they have an admin email addy on their home page.

So you're saying that they should play a game that's likely to draw 30-40K rather than a game likely to draw 60K+. Why? What's in it for Stadium Australia?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Solon said:
El Duque said:
TheFirstRabbitoh said:

So you're saying that they should play a game that's likely to draw 30-40K rather than a game likely to draw 60K+. Why? What's in it for Stadium Australia?

The fact that the NRL have benefited them greatly in the past by playing SOO, double headers and finals there.

How much have the AFL benefited them?

Solon

Juniors
El Duque said:

The fact that the NRL have benefited them greatly in the past by playing SOO, double headers and finals there.

A great deal, seeing as the AFL put more money into SA than the NRL did in the first place, and obviously SA want to be able to play both NRL and AFL matches there in the future so that they can maximise the use of the ground. If the NRL's that upset then they should withdraw their support of the ground. But that's unlikely as big crowds at big grounds are in the interest of the NRL.

Isn't the NRL a winner out of this as well? Instead of 35,000 people rattling around a huge stadium with zero atmosphere, the same number will cram into the Showgrounds and it will be an intimidating, tangible aspect of the game - it'll be great.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Solon said:
El Duque said:

A great deal, seeing as the AFL put more money into SA than the NRL did in the first place, and obviously SA want to be able to play both NRL and AFL matches there in the future so that they can maximise the use of the ground. If the NRL's that upset then they should withdraw their support of the ground. But that's unlikely as big crowds at big grounds are in the interest of the NRL.

How have they put in more?

The NRL have played there 10 times more than the AFL and will continue to so.

Solon

Juniors
El Duque said:
Solon said:

Sure. But you may be unaware that the AFL contributed a very large sum of money ($1.4mil) to Stadium Australia during its construction back in 1997 to ensure that it included the ability to be reconfigured for Australian Football post-Olympics. It was a pretty far-sighted investment that the NRL could learn a great deal from. You can read the press release about it here.

Besides, the atmosphere for the game at the Showgrounds, as I said, will be heaps better than at a cavernous, echoing SA.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Solon said:
El Duque said:
Solon said:

Sure. But you may be unaware that the AFL contributed a very large sum of money ($1.4mil) to Stadium Australia during its construction back in 1997 to ensure that it included the ability to be reconfigured for Australian Football post-Olympics. It was a pretty far-sighted investment that the NRL could learn a great deal from. You can read the press release about it here.

Besides, the atmosphere for the game at the Showgrounds, as I said, will be heaps better than at a cavernous, echoing SA.

The AFL only did that so their game could be played there. The NRL didn't need to and I can guarantee that $1.4 million is a pittance compared to how SA has benefited from the NRL and will continue to do so should they remain there.

I hope at first opportunity the NRL move the GF up to Suncorp Stadium and tell SA to go screw themselves.

Solon

Juniors
El Duque said:
The AFL only did that so their game could be played there. The NRL didn't need to and I can guarantee that $1.4 million is a pittance compared to how SA has benefited from the NRL and will continue to do so should they remain there.
Of course they didn't need to. But the fact remains that the AFL has a sizeable stake in SA and resultingly SA is not obliged to go with the NRL when there's a clash.

I hope at first opportunity the NRL move the GF up to Suncorp Stadium and tell SA to go screw themselves.
Perhaps they should move some of the semi-finals there, it'd be extra competition for the Lions and there'd be no scheduling conflicts.