What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the best 3 Poms to play in the NRL?

Who were the best 3 Poms to play in the NRL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clifferd

Coach
If Ellis wasn't injured more than he played he could've very well have been up there

2009-11 he was probably the best 2nd rower by quite some margin and was the reason tigers were quite successful during that period

Stupid poll list but I'll answer your question;

Ellery Hanley, Gareth Ellis & Adrian Morley /end thread

The question was specifically titled who played in the NRL, which only began in 1999.

If it had specified Poms who played in Australia ever I would have need more than the 10 options the LU poll allowed, and I would have had to include:

Dick Huddart, Tommy Bishop, Cliff Watson, Malcolm Reilly, Mike Stephenson, Bill Ashurst, Kevin Ward, Joe Lydon, Gary Schofield, Phil Clarke, Gary Connolly, Paul Dixon, Doug Laughton, Brian Lockwood, Phil Lowe, Andy Currier, and Ellery Hanley.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Joe Burgess? f**king hell - give yourself an upper cut and hit yourself repeatedly with a brick

Your grasp of English isn't wonderful. You can't use the word "were" in relation to players who are still playing
The only players who have finished playing in the NRL from that list are Morley, Ellis and the aforementioned Burgess. Therefore they win by default and now I'm going to have to give myself an uppercut for voting for Joe Burgess. You bastard.

Lambretta

First Grade
You are incorrect. The NRL commenced as a competition in 1998.

Well, technically you are correct - but the 1998 Grand Final was f**king rubbish and contained an appalling Bulldogs side who were lucky to make the finals series let alone get into the big one

As such, no one wants to remember that crap whilst some of us still think Jamie Ainscough giving away a penalty try was funnier than the four Yorkshiremen sketch. So lets all pretend that it started in 1999.

Well, technically you are correct - but the 1998 Grand Final was f**king rubbish and contained an appalling Bulldogs side who were lucky to make the finals series let alone get into the big one

As such, no one wants to remember that crap whilst some of us still think Jamie Ainscough giving away a penalty try was funnier than the four Yorkshiremen sketch. So lets all pretend that it started in 1999.

I'm more than technically correct, I am correct. The problem was, that year, the Knights blowing it in the semis denying the dream match up of a Broncos v Newcastle Grand Final which would have pitted the winners of the 1997 Super League Grand Final v the winners of the 1997 ARL Grand Final. It was harder as both the Broncos and the Knight had finished on 37 competition points, with the Broncs getting the Minor Premiership on better for and against. The Knights got run down by the Roosters in their first semi, at Marathon, 26-15 before the Dogs beat them the next week 28-16 at the SFS to knock them out altogether.

p.s.

By "pretending" like you suggest, you validate Albert ;)