What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the best 3 Poms to play in the NRL?

Who were the best 3 Poms to play in the NRL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

legs 11

Juniors
Great nominee legs 11, Kevin Ward. I've got that 1987 grand final and he was superb that day and probably was the best on the field. Only played 15 games down under.
kevin ward...the worlds smallest shorts ...and rolled up 10 times......but one tuff buggar and not a leg shaver....

Life's Good

Coach
Ellery Henley and Malcom Reily from before my time
YouTube highlights of Ellery Hanley & Martin Offiah. Well worth it. I was in high school at the time and coverage was nowhere near what it is today so these 2 guys were larger than life because they were big names coming here. The 80's(and 90's) were great times for league.

Best Pom team to have played in the NRL:

Zak Hardaker (Penrith)

Joe Burgess (Souths) Dan Sarginson (Gold Coast) Joe Wardle (Newcastle) Greg Eden (Brisbane)

Sam Tomkins (NZ Warriors)
Gareth Widdop (St George-Illawarra)

Sam Burgess (Souths)
Elliot Whitehead (Canberra) Gareth Ellis (Wests Tigers)
James Graham (Canterbury-Bankstown) Josh Hodgson (Canberra) Adrian Morley (Sydney)

Interchange: George Burgess (Souths), Tom Burgess (Souths) Joe Greenwood (Gold Coast) Mike Cooper (St George)

For those who have raised eyebrows, I must emphasise that Sam Tomkins started his professional career playing in the halves for Wigan.

That would be quite a handy team to play Australia and New Zealand, even though the three quarter line would not be England's first choice of players today.

legs 11

Juniors

Zak Hardaker (Penrith)

Joe Burgess (Souths) Dan Sarginson (Gold Coast) Joe Wardle (Newcastle) Greg Eden (Brisbane)

Sam Burgess (Souths)
James Graham (Canterbury-Bankstown) Josh Hodgson (Canberra) Adrian Morley (Sydney)

Interchange: George Burgess (Souths), Tom Burgess (Souths) Joe Greenwood (Gold Coast) Mike Cooper (St George)

For those who have raised eyebrows, I must emphasise that Sam Tomkins started his professional career playing in the halves for Wigan.

That would be quite a handy team to play Australia and New Zealand, even though the three quarter line would not be England's first choice of players today.

poor old sam tomkins, he was useless at the warriors....never could find a pair of boots with studs....mr slippery.....like he was always playing on ice .....or maybe that was just the lack of guts and not wanting to be tackled.....
btw here's 2 old pommy props that most of u fellas under 50 would'nt know...lee crooks at wests and hugh waddell at the gold coast .....

DiegoNT

First Grade

Zak Hardaker (Penrith)

Sam Burgess (Souths)

1. Richie Mathers
2. Greg Eden
3. Jordan Turner
4. Ben Crooks
5. Zak Hardaker
6. Sam Tomkins
7. Chris Thorman
8. Remi Casty
9. Scott moore
10. Jerome Guisset
11. Mark flanagan
12. Ben Garcia