What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are the biggest underachieving and overrated players in the NRL?

Perth Red

Post Whore
You'd better take a look at the DSM-5. Gambling disorder is a psychiatric condition - a mental disorder.

The medical fraternity love to label everything we do as a psychological disorder. Helps prop up the pharmaceutical industry and gives the Dr's and "therapists" a sense of purpose and job.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
The medical fraternity love to label everything we do as a psychological disorder. Helps prop up the pharmaceutical industry and gives the Dr's and "therapists" a sense of purpose and job.
Psychologists are not doctors. They cannot prescribe medication. Psychiatrists are doctors and can prescribe medication

All psychologists do is make an opinion about someone's behaviour and develop strategies to deal with that behaviour. Whether the psychologist is successful is up to the individual's willingness to heed their advice and whether those strategies are the correct ones.

In saying that, most of the psychiatrists I have had dealings with actually need a psychiatrist themselves. They're a strange breed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Psychologists are not doctors. They cannot prescribe medication. Psychiatrists are doctors and can prescribe medication

All psychologists do is make an opinion about someone's behaviour and develop strategies to deal with that behaviour. Whether the psychologist is successful is up to the individual's willingness to heed their advice and whether those strategies are the correct ones.

In saying that, most of the psychiatrists I have had dealings with actually need a psychiatrist themselves. They're a strange breed.

Yep worked in mental health for 10years and most of the dr’s had serious problems, as did a lot of the psych nurses. The stories I could tell from living 3 years in nurses residence in a psych hospital!