What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who coaches the Titans in 2018

Who coaches the Titans in 2018

• Kevin Walters

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Garth Brennan

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben & Shane Walker

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Jason Taylor

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other not listed.

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters

Clifferd

Coach
Anyways in all seriousness I think Walters. Brennan is also highly regarded

Last edited:

davi

Juniors
Geoff Toovey not listed in the poll is strange. I would have thought he would have the best chance amongst the list of contenders with the exception of Kevin Walters.

Interesting assistant Penrith coach Garth Brennan who is highly rated apparently was shown the door by Wayne Bennett at Newcastle. Bennett also sacked Walters as a assistant coach when at Brisbane in 2005 after he decided to have a staff clean out.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Besides Walters and Brennan, your list is a train wreck.

All names have been linked with the club this week in media hence the train wreck that is the club. If your a second tier coach or a current head coach at a struggling club aka Des Hasler, you will be tossed up to get a gig.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Geoff Toovey not listed in the poll is strange. I would have thought he would have the best chance amongst the list of contenders with the exception of Kevin Walters.

The poll wouldnt let me add in other options for some reason. Also wanted to see if Fitzgibbon and taylor would actually poll any votes hence why chose them over toovey.

Interesting assistant Penrith coach Garth Brennan who is highly rated apparently was shown the door by Wayne Bennett at Newcastle. Bennett also sacked Walters as a assistant coach when at Brisbane in 2005 after he decided to have a staff clean out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm glad Tim Sheens has already signed on with us for another year!

Not much coaching talent floating around. Needs someone experienced to steady a very shaky ship and clear out the rats for a rebuild of culture. Toovey would be my choice with meninga as football manager to instill some decent culture to the players.

Grail

Juniors
Who can save this club?

The Titans are hardly a club that needs "saving".
Sure, they aren't in the top 8, they've just sacked their coach, and there are rumours of player unrest, and underperforming star and their forwards are plodding turnstyles. However, it's not like they've completely bottomed out, they haven't won multiple spoons, they have had 1 bad season. Just 1. Lots of clubs have bad seasons, lots of clubs sack coaches and lots of clubs have roster issues. They don't all need saving. Saving suggests that the club is about to completely implode, or never get up again. I find both of these scenarios a little far from the mark.

They already have some good players in key positions. They just need a few minor tweaks to their roster, a better game plan and some better player management, and they'll be on the way up again. Nothing so drastic as needing to be saved.

Latest posts