What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who coaches the Titans in 2018

Who coaches the Titans in 2018

• Kevin Walters

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Garth Brennan

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben & Shane Walker

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Jason Taylor

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other not listed.

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I hope its the Walkers. I want them to get an NRL gig and see their tyle implemented at elite levels to see how it goes.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Whoever it ends up being, I don't envy him. That job is a poisoned chalice at this point, as is the region for professional sport

POPEYE

Coach
Whoever it ends up being, I don't envy him. That job is a poisoned chalice at this point, as is the region for professional sport
No different from any other club . . . nothing a Supercoach, undiscovered or not who won't take Hayne ala BA, won't fix

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Who said he can't take a hit

He's taken plenty

Untitled-16.jpg

davi

Juniors
Laurie Daley has emerged, but he's emerged from an article written from Phil Rothfield. You would have to think from the outside looking in that Daley is damaged goods at the moment. Problem for the Titans $$$$ will be a consideration so Michael Maguire maybe too expensive and they will have to settle for someone from the B grade list.

The other thing if the criticism is made that Mal Meninga can't coach NRL because it's a completely different beast. Then is it fair too suggest Daley shouldn't be judge too harshly on his success rate at origin level as a potential NRL coach?

Former NSW State of Origin coach Laurie Daley joins list of candidates for Gold Coast Titans job

AXED Blues coach Laurie Daley has emerged as a leading contender for the Gold Coast Titans job to replace Neil Henry.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Daley’s name is on top of a short list of candidates the club wants to interview over the next fortnight.

The Titans have earmarked Daley as “the face of the franchise” when they relaunch under new ownership next month.

He is widely respected in the corporate world and is renowned for having strong relationships with players and more, importantly, being able to control Jarryd Hayne.

The fact he won only one Origin series from five starts against Queensland won’t affect his chances as he was up against arguably the hottest representative side assembled.

Daley is holidaying in Hawaii and has yet to decide if he will continue coaching or look for a career in the media.

His manager Steve Gillis said on Friday that Daley would look at all options on his return.

The Titans have called on one of Australia’s top sports businessmen to lead the hunt for a new coach.

Geoff Jones, CEO of TEG, Australasia’s leading ticketing, live entertainment and data analytics company, has been appointed chairman of the coach selection panel.

Jones, a proud Queenslander, quietly joined the Titans board in April, but now steps up to guide the most important decision in the club’s recent history.

Interestingly, Jones is an ex-lieutenant colonel in the Australian Army who was awarded the Conspicuous Service Cross (CSC).

Those close to him say Jones will have no bones making a tough call to ensure the Titans’ fortunes improve rapidly.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...b/news-story/3dea836caf1113907b5907081d6db8d3

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Laurie Daley has emerged, but he's emerged from an article written from Phil Rothfield. You would have to think from the outside looking in that Daley is damaged goods at the moment. Problem for the Titans $$$$ will be a consideration so Michael Maguire maybe too expensive and they will have to settle for someone from the B grade list.

The other thing if the criticism is made that Mal Meninga can't coach NRL because it's a completely different beast. Then is it fair too suggest Daley shouldn't be judge too harshly on his success rate at origin level as a potential NRL coach?

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/laurie-daley-the-front-runner-to-coach-the-titans

Origin isn't a proving ground for a full time gig IMO

Clifferd

Coach

Bullshit

There is only 16 positions available for nrl coaches with about 1 or 2 maybe coming available each year. There would be tons of coaches interested in the position

Canard

Immortal
Dear god

I wouldn't wish Jason Taylor on my most hated team. He is cancer

Player power rules at the Goldie, so bringing in a guy with a history of not getting on with players doesn't seem like a sensible idea.

axl rose

Bench
The other thing if the criticism is made that Mal Meninga can't coach NRL because it's a completely different beast.

I don't think he did a bad job in his 6 or 7 years with the Raiders, just really hard to coach players who were your teammates.

Diesel

Referee
Why are the Titans looking for a new coach to be locked in before the sale of the club takes place?

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Tony Smith, who leaves Warrington at the end of this season, having led them to success in the Challenge Cup at Wembley and elsewhere.

Tony Smith is the likable younger brother of the unlikable Brian Smith.

Latest posts