What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who coaches the Titans in 2018

Who coaches the Titans in 2018

• Kevin Walters

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Garth Brennan

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben & Shane Walker

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Jason Taylor

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other not listed.

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters

Grail

Juniors
That would be Mal?

images

He's going to do a bio pic of Hayne on the side.

Someguy

First Grade
why not tim sheens. Ryan James can play fullback, Jayne halfback, and Don can have a dig at second row

davi

Juniors
Kevin Walters was offered the gig and he has said no. What's happened this week with Neil Henry getting the run around with the Titans would put off any coach working with them. They apparently were going to offer Henry nothing after sacking him, but now are offering $100 000. Neil Henry is now taking it to the courts after he wants to be paid out his remaining $400 000 on his deal.

The situation with Henry and Des Hasler has led coaches Craig Bellamy and Trent Robinson calling for coaches to start their own union.

davi

Juniors
According to media reports its down to two Michael Maguire and Jason Demetriou.

This probably has dragged on, the position was supposed to be filled by the end of September; unlike the Bulldogs and Souths who replaced their coaches quickly, although to be fair to the Titans both those clubs had someone in mind when they sacked their coaches. But I know the Titans have been accused in the past of being indecisive and reluctant to make a decision as they were in deciding to let Neil Henry go.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...o/news-story/b361a569c400ef35567742725e94b535

Last edited:
I'd be happy with either Madge or Demetriou, but I don't envy them for having to work with such dysfunctional management at this club.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
That woul be great. I think Mike is the man for the job.

I would love o see the Titans get enough success that people start to hate them (like The Storm post-06). ATM they are like the disable kid in a race; everyone cheers and pats them on the head because there is so little contest it would be despressing to cheer against them.

Hopefully Madge can get them into the top teams for long enough to gain sone respect

Incorrect

Coach
FMD - if Hayne thought Henry was cold towards him, he's about to get full blown frostbite unless he can get his shit together.... Would love to be sitting in on the first few Titans training sessions if Maguire gets the gig....

Hayne probably gets lucky though in the fact that he will be on WC duty and miss early Titans pre-season

Saxon

Bench
I would love o see the Titans get enough success that people start to hate them (like The Storm post-06). ATM they are like the disable kid in a race; everyone cheers and pats them on the head because there is so little contest it would be despressing to cheer against them.
You think?
I reckon that would be a fair description of Newcastle, but most of the sympathy for the Titans went out the window when Hayne turned up and started making a dick of himself.
Newcastle are like the poor crippled kid who tries his guts out but just isn't any good; Gold Coast are more like Owen Cragie - not the best running round, but has plenty of talent. Unfortunately, like Owen, they would rather eat than train and after a while people just get pissed off with the wasted potential.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
You think?
I reckon that would be a fair description of Newcastle, but most of the sympathy for the Titans went out the window when Hayne turned up and started making a dick of himself.
Newcastle are like the poor crippled kid who tries his guts out but just isn't any good; Gold Coast are more like Owen Cragie - not the best running round, but has plenty of talent. Unfortunately, like Owen, they would rather eat than train and after a while people just get pissed off with the wasted potential.

Youre right about the poor ol' Knights, but at least we have some decent rivalries from our success in the old days (Manly, Eels, etc. There arent many, and people are starting to forget about them, but they are something the marketting guys can work with and something for the hard-core fans to get excited about)

Titans only rivalry is with the Broncos and that is purely geographic. To everyone else, they are either inoffencive or a nice second team. No one can hate them because they have simply never been successful enough to hate...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Michael Maguire has stated he won't be agreeing to terms until he knows who the ownership will be. A fair enough request, but might rule him out because Titans are keen to get the coaching position resolved even before new ownership takes effect.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/another-twist-in-the-gold-coast-titans-coaching-saga

Damn...

Its a fair request. Uprooting and moving across the country without even knowing who your boss will be would be tough.

But i dont see the ARLC rushing the process just to snag a coach.

Looks like Titans will be getting a Rookie coach this time....