What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

Does anyone know if nofo can play fullback?
Simmo, just did some searching:
2010 Australian Schoolboys team - Tedesco and Jack Weighton were in same team. Someone wrote the following regarding Nofo.
David Nofoaluma - Fullback, Centre and Wing.
A tremendously strong player who knows how to find the tryline.
Best position:Fullback.

I can't find any other information on him playing at fullback in any NSW U18 teams. He did play wing in the 2011 NYC grand final win (Curtis Rowe played full back)

simmo05

Bench
Ott, just googled it myself, he played at fb against the warriors last year, made 2 errors but otherwise went pretty good

Tiger Woody

Juniors
We are fast running out of top shelf players...we better act soon!!!

Agree TT.
The good ones are going fast.
we urgently need a 6......thats a priority.....And a 1.
Wonder why we dropped off interest in Dugan?

We could go into 2018 with a reserve grade team....But in any case Rancid and The enforcer Edwards have to be set free .
2018 could be a year similar to the early 2000's with a very ordinary team....We now have ZERO gamebreakers.

Clifferd

Coach
Nofo will be playing fullback imo hence the lack of interest in Dugan

Our main priority is an experienced half for Brooks

Crazyperpman

Juniors
We are fast running out of top shelf players...we better act soon!!!

The way the cap has been overestimated by richer clubs (I really mean assholes clubs that try to buy premierships), the Tigers and Knights are in an enviable position and acting hastily will more than likely put us in the same predicament we have previously been in. If we miss signing a player or two it is not the end of the world.

Lets face it, we are not going to win the comp next year, or the year after that, I dont even need the Tigers to win a comp to be happy, I just need a team to follow that is full of players that have pride in the jersey, put in every week and give a crap when they lose. If this is the case success will come.

If we make the right moves now we can make a foundation of a team that can achieve success.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Well said Crazy. Like you I want to have a competitive team that busts a gut each week.

Trouble is I am also like the kids at Easter, I want the Easter Bunny to leave me the biggest egg but they seem to be going to the supporters of the Broncos, Rooster and Dogs.

Vozzy

Juniors
I think our main priority is trying to find like 3 big front rowers we need some size in our pack.

Also I'm I correct in saying tohu Harris is getting 1 million a year for 4 years. You telling me Johnson won't want the same. That is crazy money for a back rower there is no way they can have Johnson over 1 million aswell. Plus RTS and Isaac Luke would be on some coin.

simmo1

First Grade
Probably not popular opinion here, but I wouldn't look to sign any of the 'star' players currently on the market except perhaps Cooper Cronk.

I'd invest in a few journeyman types who are going to help turn the culture around first. Kind of like what the Titans were doing last year (until Hayne), and what the Raiders have been doing. No point in signing these high profile players if they're just going to adopt the same attitude as those before them.

I've said for years McQueen is nothing special, but he's the sort of signing we need more of. He'll compete week in week out and hopefully bring a level of professionalism that doesn't exist at the club.

We keep hearing how the Tigers have a team that might have the potential to win a comp in 2, 3, 4 years time. How about we just try and get a team that will turn up every week first, and then worry about winning comps.

Tiger05

First Grade
Simmo - I agree with you. I'd rather just get a competitive team together. Just purchase quality NRL players at reasonable prices.

Keep some money in the bank and look to improve each year.

Clifferd

Coach
IMG_1785.JPG There was a post on fb from this girl who screenshotted a convo she had on Instagram with Tedesco. In this convo Teddy hinted he was going to the roosters 3 months ago

Here it is

axl rose

Bench
I just need a team to follow that is full of players that have pride in the jersey, put in every week and give a crap when they lose. If this is the case success will come.

Well put. As an old Balmain fan i actually enjoyed a season like way back in 96 as much as any. Were never going to win the comp, should have finished last on paper, but genuinely showed up every week and missed the finals by 2 points in the end. A club like ours, a premiership is never really going to be a measure of success.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Nofo will be playing fullback imo hence the lack of interest in Dugan

Our main priority is an experienced half for Brooks

Hope so Cliff.....Nofa number 1 jersey and buy 2 real good wingers.......1 hopefully express pace.
This would also solve Nofa leaving his wing all the time and we would leak fewer tries.

Shredder

Juniors
As much as I love the Nofo resigned with us - and as much as I love him as a winger - he is nowhere near standard in one-on-one defence to pay fullback. Hes not even close.

I read on the official forum that we are looking at Conner Watson from the chooks to play fullback. We are even in talks with them to get him early.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
As much as I love the Nofo resigned with us - and as much as I love him as a winger - he is nowhere near standard in one-on-one defence to pay fullback. Hes not even close.

I read on the official forum that we are looking at Conner Watson from the chooks to play fullback. We are even in talks with them to get him early.

Dont know much about Connor,but gee i hope we dont go for Ferguson....he runs up out of the line more than Grace Jones

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Simmo - I agree with you. I'd rather just get a competitive team together. Just purchase quality NRL players at reasonable prices.

Gee,i would be happy to be in the semis every year from now on....Even if we dont win the whole thing

Tiger Woody

Juniors

you need top quality players who are either on the benches or cant get a run because of the quality of their teams.