What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

Tiger05

First Grade
if we cant get a decent fullback for 2018 i wouldnt go buy one for the sake of it, id give nofa a crack there and see how he goes. he wont be a teddy style fullback but more like a dugan type one.

It's a good idea. I'm spewing we lost Simona. I'd like the club to get him back. Just state that he has turned to God or something and we can get a gun outside back.

Can you imagine this backline:-

1. Traitor Turdhead.
2. Nofo
3. Suli
4. Idris
5. Simona

In my opinion what Simona has done if nothing compared to the 3 traitors that we currently have on our books. I'd welcome him back tomorrow.

Tiger05

First Grade
I've got no doubt the fickle dog Tedesco cost us papenhuyzen coz there's no way we wouldn't have re-signed papenhuyzen w/out an undertaking by the dishonourable gump that he was remaining with us.The contracts saga went pear-shaped when the tigers & rightfully so didn't give the fraudster & phantom life coach of the puppets a contract.

We would have done the right thing by papenhuyzen. We would have said well he is behind the traitor so we will let him go as it's the right thing to do.

This is the problem with dealing with traitors. Unless you can lower yourself to their level you can get screwed over.

Shredder

Juniors
He bet against himself and his team mates.

Not only do I never want him in the team again, I dont even want him at the games as a spectator!

Tiger05

First Grade
He bet against himself and his team mates.

Not only do I never want him in the team again, I dont even want him at the games as a spectator!

He didn't throw any games. He didn't backstab us. Tell him to find Jesus and it's all good.

Tigerm

First Grade
So we are reportedly on the verge of signing:
Reynolds - $750,000 / yr
Matulino - $700,000 / yr
Martin - not known

We are set to lose:
Moses who wanted $850,000 / yr
Tedesco who expects $1m / yr?
Woods who expects $7-800,000 / yr

If Nofo can make the grade as a reliable FB or we unearth another little Ted, it appears we have got a bargain.

Shredder

Juniors
There is that centre from St George as well - Milne?

Looks like we have upgraded AND spent less.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I never saw signing Martin coming but I love it. Someone who, if turns out he has the goods, can stay with us long term. I have let go of my sense of panic to sign Reynolds. Cleary clearly has a better football brain than me. I'm going to kick back and enjoy the show over the net few years.

Shredder

Juniors
We just need to see some announcements.

I mean - we are always linked to all and sundry.

Lets actually sign some of them this year.

;)

Tiger Ted

Bench
We just need to see some announcements.

I mean - we are always linked to all and sundry.

Lets actually sign some of them this year.

;)
No need to panic or act with unnecessary haste.We r in a powerful negotiating position with an enviable war chest.Player managers will b grovelling to us offering the enormous no. of clients who don't as yet have a gig for next yr.Undoubtedly we will apply a qualitative approach re retention/recruitment.

Shredder

Juniors
TT - we are running out of options

And all those other supposed contracts we have out there will take us more seriously if we spring for him. It will create a knock-on effect.

Tiger Ted

Bench
TT - we are running out of options

And all those other supposed contracts we have out there will take us more seriously if we spring for him. It will create a knock-on effect.
I will b very surprised if we don't make a big signing or 3 over the next fortnite.Im very curious to c how serious we r about Reynolds coz I find it inconceivable anyone else would offer him such a generous contract & consequently u'd expect him to sign with us soon.

I also don't believe we've signed matulino for as much as 700k.Geez there's a lot of furphys peddled by the vermins in the rugby league media.

Shredder

Juniors
Im hearing the real number on Matulino is just under $500k.
Which is more than fair for an international hard-as-nails prop.
We replace Woods with a harder runner for half his dollars.

Shredder

Juniors
Absolutely it is.
This is why I dont get the overs queens.

We were going to pay our outgoing three close to $3mln. Plus the nearly another million we are paying to other clubs.

If we get Matulino for $500k (call it) and Reynolds for $850k and spend another million on a fullback (which we wont), we are still way in front.

Its interesting all this talk about us making an offer for TMM as well as Reynolds.
TMM maybe at centre or fullback?

We still need a goal kicker though....

Tiger Ted

Bench
Absolutely it is.
This is why I dont get the overs queens.

We were going to pay our outgoing three close to $3mln. Plus the nearly another million we are paying to other clubs.

If we get Matulino for $500k (call it) and Reynolds for $850k and spend another million on a fullback (which we wont), we are still way in front.

Its interesting all this talk about us making an offer for TMM as well as Reynolds.
TMM maybe at centre or fullback?

We still need a goal kicker though....
We've certainly dodged some bullets particularly re the saving of the massive overs we'd offered the wanka cousin of the pissant & klementines left testicle !

For the 1st time in yrs we won't b paying an ex player while he's employed by the opposition.IC is in an enviable position & he has the footy smarts to reap the rewards for our much maligned club.

Shredder

Juniors
Im just looking forward to the next month or so - I expect a significant number of run on and depth signings. And a stack of players we may never have heard of. Ivan is going to build out the lower grades as well.

Tiger05

First Grade
Im just looking forward to the next month or so - I expect a significant number of run on and depth signings. And a stack of players we may never have heard of. Ivan is going to build out the lower grades as well.

This is what I want to see. A really solid squad. I really want a quality winger or centre as well. Just get our edges sorted.

Shredder

Juniors
I reckon hes the bext ever. Ellis was great, but never brought us a premiership - watch this space :)

Im talking about the lower grades as well.

Not just the top squad. We need to perform well at all levels.