What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

So for next season we will have
1 -
2 - Nofoaluma
3 -
4 - Suli
5 -
6 - J.Reynodls
7 - Brooks
8 - Matulino
9 - McIlwrick
10 -
11 - McQueen
12 - Lawrence
13 - Taylor

A fullback, centre, winger and prop would be awesome

We are looking at Milne (Centre) and Packer (prop)
So far we've spent 750k on Reynolds, apparently 700k on Matulino and 400k on McQueen

Leaves us around 1.5 million. Milne would be around the 250k mark at the most excessive while Packer would be 300k again at the absolute excessive, which means we'd still have close to a million left to spend on a fullback and some depth.

TMM wouldn't be too expensive and is solid depth.

Apparently Matulino was signed for $475K

WT Unity

Juniors
So for next season we will have
1 -
2 - Nofoaluma
3 -
4 - Suli
5 -
6 - J.Reynodls
7 - Brooks
8 - Matulino
9 - McIlwrick
10 -
11 - McQueen
12 - Lawrence
13 - Taylor

A fullback, centre, winger and prop would be awesome

We are looking at Milne (Centre) and Packer (prop)
So far we've spent 750k on Reynolds, apparently 700k on Matulino and 400k on McQueen

Leaves us around 1.5 million. Milne would be around the 250k mark at the most excessive while Packer would be 300k again at the absolute excessive, which means we'd still have close to a million left to spend on a fullback and some depth.

TMM wouldn't be too expensive and is solid depth.

Plus the cash that we're paying the off-contract Rankin, Lovett, Milone, Hunt and a few other of JT's legacies!

It's f**ken awesome. Those cretins and their manager were f**king us over and it's already turned.

I don't think it'll fuss Moses, Woods or Teddy when they're being paid their new contracts.

It's a turning point for us though, it shows guys like the above and other players in the market that the club is taking a stance against f**kheads who want to hold the club to ransom.

The only way it'll hurt the likes of Moses/Woods/Teddy is if they retire without a premiership and we go on to win one without them.

WT Unity

Juniors
I don't think it'll fuss Moses, Woods or Teddy when they're being paid their new contracts.

It's a turning point for us though, it shows guys like the above and other players in the market that the club is taking a stance against f**kheads who want to hold the club to ransom.

The only way it'll hurt the likes of Moses/Woods/Teddy is if they retire without a premiership and we go on to win one without them.

God I hope so!
How good would it be in 3 or 4 years time when Woods & Klemmer go for a coffee with Josh Reynolds while he's wearing a shiny new Premiership Ring!

Tiger05

First Grade

It could happen. I reckon this will impact them anyway. They will know they've acted like turds and they will never go down as great Tigers players now. Sure they will get over it but they've damaged their reputations and I think it's going to get worse beacuse I reckon they will be shown to have been dogging us when clubs announce them signing with them.

We should be divesting ourselves of that particular player manager's players over the next few seasons, unless they meet our terms. If a few clubs don't deal with him, his list of players will shrink pretty quickly.

Shredder

Juniors
I thought McIlwrick was off contract this year MU?

Id like to see some of our off contract players get new deals - some would obviously be decent depth. And its a good reward for good recent effort.

Tiger05

First Grade
We should be trying to re-sign most of our current squad. We need depth. It's no good getting good signings but losing a whole bunch of players.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
TMM would have to be a good chance considering it was Cleary who signed him at Penrith, he's a Tigers junior as well.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

Id like to see some of our off contract players get new deals - some would obviously be decent depth. And its a good reward for good recent effort.
He is, but we've tabled an offer and no other club has come forward for him yet.

He's happy and so is Liddle at present.

I expect their game times to change towards the end of the season and becoming more even, staying that way through next year as well.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

yes he is shreds...
Hope he gets re signed asap....great pickup

Shredder

Juniors
I really rate MM - he puts in every single week - plays his role and does it well.

And I cant remember a single glaring mistake from him.

Shredder

Juniors
:) The quick or the dead.

If we had not put deadlines on those contracts I suspect we might not be sitting so pretty on the buy side.

Well done board and coach for being forward thinking.

Tiger05

First Grade
I really rate MM - he puts in every single week - plays his role and does it well.

And I cant remember a single glaring mistake from him.

Some of his hits are beyond awesome. To add to that his overall game is class. He is better than Robbie is right now.

Tiger05

First Grade
:) The quick or the dead.

If we had not put deadlines on those contracts I suspect we might not be sitting so pretty on the buy side.

Well done board and coach for being forward thinking.

I'm so f**ken stoked with how they've handled this whole situation. I could see us getting plastered for the whole season. We are still going to cop some crap but it's going to start looking stupid.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to see us chase Alex Glenn. He's too good to be on the bench.

Dylan Edwards, Tuimoala Lolohea and Jordan Kahu would all be great additions to the backline who will add heaps but won't break the bank.

Charlie Gubb and Russell Packer in the front row
Ethan Lowe as someone mentioned elsewhere would be good to get too.

Latest posts