What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Rusty Packer will be the best signing we have ever made. The guy is a complete animal. Even when we won the comp, we have never had a pack that would strike fear into the opposition. When opposition teams verse Sharon Woods and Ava See-ya-whatever, they would be laughing. Two soft plodders that swan around the field like they're playing third grade union on a Sunday at Oatley Oval. Some hard nosed forwards will do the world of good for us and I can't wait to see them run around belting merkins. Pascoe and Cleary are looking like geniuses in rebuilding this club and deserve a nobel prize if we pull it off.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Rusty Packer will be the best signing we have ever made. The guy is a complete animal. Even when we won the comp, we have never had a pack that would strike fear into the opposition. When opposition teams verse Sharon Woods and Ava See-ya-whatever, they would be laughing. Two soft plodders that swan around the field like they're playing third grade union on a Sunday at Oatley Oval. Some hard nosed forwards will do the world of good for us and I can't wait to see them run around belting merkins. Pascoe and Cleary are looking like geniuses in rebuilding this club and deserve a nobel prize if we pull it off.

Sharon Woods......hahaha...love that one........spot on...Even better than my "hillbilly" Woods.
As for Fun Guy ,also a softy.....Whats with the slap on Farah????.usually a pussycat is the fun guy.
Glad to see them replaced with Packman and Matalino

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I'd also love to get Ben Barba on our books. Would compliment Reynolds and Brooks well. He's wildly unsavoury, but no more than you or I. I think with good systems in place he would kill it. Come on board Ben!

super_coach

First Grade
At this stage it seems although we might be a pretty solid team 1 thru 17 come 2018, we look very short on the X factor. You need the odd game breaker. Although a solid experienced team will win more games than a team with a couple of players with the x factor mixed with a heap of plodders as is the case now

Clifferd

Coach
As for the X factor type player, Brooks and renoylds strike me as those. Hopefully barba or Folau if they come

Radical Rat

Juniors
At this stage it seems although we might be a pretty solid team 1 thru 17 come 2018, we look very short on the X factor. You need the odd game breaker. Although a solid experienced team will win more games than a team with a couple of players with the x factor mixed with a heap of plodders as is the case now

I could handle a season of just being a solid team that competes every week. I bet we'll still end up on more competition points by years end.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Massoud just saying on the Channel 7 news that Cody Walker is badly wanting out of the Bunnies...we could do a lot worse than signing him as fullback.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Wouldn't it be awesome if we released Moses now to sign Barba on a front loaded contract (Moses' $) for 1.5 years. He won't be able to play this year but meh, we won't be in any worse shape than we are now. Then when the real season begins next year he will be on our books for fairly cheap. If he can literally keep his nose clean then sign him up in 2 year blocks

Shredder

Juniors
Going back to the original question - who do we need to sign....

A fullback
An outside back
another prop
MM
Two back rowers and
3 depth players........

9 players to go and my guess is we have spent about $5.5mln.
We still have $3.5mln to spend yes?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Going back to the original question - who do we need to sign....

A fullback
An outside back
another prop
MM
Two back rowers and
3 depth players........

9 players to go and my guess is we have spent about $5.5mln.
We still have $3.5mln to spend yes?

I reckon:

A fullback
- Barba
An outside back
- Fonua or Hopoate
Another prop
- raid the Bulldogs (they are over cap)
MM
- Definitely
Two back rowers and
- Guerra (won't get him) and Eastwood (on the cheap)
3 depth players........
- Thomson, Dylan Edwards and that other kid from Penrith (the lock forward everyone is raving about)

Shredder

Juniors
Not sure thats all going to fit in with what we have left to spend BrotherJim, but if we can do it - so be it!

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Looks like Mckilwrick is leaving. I would've loved to have kept Robbie around until end of next year to mentor young Liddle. Liddle is promising but I doubt his ability to play 80 for a whole year. Theres no hookers out there on the open market too. Moderately concerning... Could we move Reynolds to 9?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Looks like Mckilwrick is leaving. I would've loved to have kept Robbie around until end of next year to mentor young Liddle. Liddle is promising but I doubt his ability to play 80 for a whole year. Theres no hookers out there on the open market too. Moderately concerning... Could we move Reynolds to 9?

f**k. We are royally f**ked without Mckilrick. We bought Reynolds to play in the halves, I really can't see him at hooker.

Tiger05

First Grade
Is McIlwrick leaving ? I really want to keep him just because his defence is so freaken good.

hindy111

Post Whore
Wests%20Tigers%20Membership%20Signature.png

Tiger Ted

Bench
Heard 2 wks ago that parra have made him a very competitive offer.Obviously Peats must b remaining @ the Gold Coast.