What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Is McIlwrick leaving ? I really want to keep him just because his defence is so freaken good.

I think Liddle will do just fine. By the end of the year he will be up for 80 mins if not now. He tackles hard and is a bundle of energy.

Not just my opinion, apparently the Storm saw him as a long term replacement for Cameron Smith (when he retires), Belamy is no fool.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hoppa for fullback. Playing well and is at a perfect age.

Lolohea? Where would you play him?

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Liddle will do just fine. By the end of the year he will be up for 80 mins if not now. He tackles hard and is a bundle of energy.

Not just my opinion, apparently the Storm saw him as a long term replacement for Cameron Smith (when he retires), Belamy is no fool.

On the basis of the game against Brisbane Liddle is a really good long term prospect. I still want to keep McIlwrick as I think the team will work well with two dummy halves. I think it's better for Liddle to be bought on slowly as well.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
For the first time ever I can say I prefer having one hooker than two. I think Jacob will go just fine at 9 for us next year. I prefer the stability one 9 offers.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I think we need to sign another half for this year - JLJ/Rankin don't cut it. I hear we are talking to Benji but he is really enjoying Brisbane so it doesn't appear likely which is unfortunate. What other options are out there?

Shredder

Juniors
Options this year for a mid season swap?
Lolohei - thats about it. And that looks 50/50 at best
Mid season buys are very rare.

Tiger Ted

Bench
3 gun players - one edge backrower and 2 outside backs. It's not going to happen though.
We have been in talks with Guerra.

05 it will happen weve just got to b patient.The crucial thing is not to act with haste & ensure that we sign quality.

mepelthwack

Juniors
At this point we have to strongly consider Guerra, I'd prefer Alex Glen though and it isn't beyond the realms of possibility Idris could be a good second rower. In any case I don't think we have enough, love Lawrence but he is getting on, EJ is a defender really, Mcqueen I'm not sold on, hope he proves me wrong. Sue and Aloai more like fill ins. Eastwood (if he comes) like others said needs to lose weight and regain form.

A couple more backs desperately needed also and whatever mix we do come up with an 80+% goalkicker is essential.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Lawrence is 28, hardly getting on. He has been playing in a team with no structure for the last few years basically running into brick walls. I honestly believe he could become a top line back rower playing in a decent team where he is running at holes instead of being asked to continually take hit ups at a set line. If Brooks can reach his potential and steer the team around and build structure, Lawrence can be as good for us as Graham and Cordner are at their clubs, strong hole running back rower who is still as quick as most centres in the comp.

Tiger05

First Grade
We have been in talks with Guerra.

05 it will happen weve just got to b patient.The crucial thing is not to act with haste & ensure that we sign quality.

I agree with you. I'd love them from next season but we have to be patient. We should get one from our junior base at least.

We can't spend all our money and end up in a bad cap position. If we have some money available we can buy the right players. Players clearly now leave for more money.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I don't want Guerra. He is a similar type of back rower to Chris McQueen and Lawrence. I like Eastwood because he provides a point of difference. Plus, Chooks fans hate Guerra. He can be quite average.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Guerra is decent but he isn't what we need. I reckon we will have a solid pack next year. We need someone who is a weapon. I don't want Eastwood as well but I can see your point.

Vic Mackey

Referee
No thanks to Guerra, guys been reserve grade quality for over 12 months. I'd prefer Eastwood for a season, just play him for 30-40mims off the bench plus Canterbury will likely fit most the bill.

Would love to sign Alex Johnstone for the left wing, heard he is very unhappy at Souths and wants out. Could bait him with the chance to play fullback if he is good enough. It appears Souths see him as strictly a winger.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
AJ at 1 would be quite good. He is limited in some aspects but he is lightning quick and his passing game is better than Tedesco. Imagine if we got AJ and Lolohea. Our backline would be incredible. Next year is looking very exciting. I swear buying everyone is a lot better than producing juniors and hoping for the best.

simmo05

Bench
Thats the go, until the nrl introduces meaningful cap dispensations for locally produced juniors we should stop pumping money into it. Let the nrl pickup the burden.

Latest posts