What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Decent points. How come every player who leaves the Roosters has more holes in their game than swiss cheese, yet every player that joins the Roosters is flawless. While you're here, I'll point out some interesting characteristics about Tedesco.

Weak passing game.
Injury prone.
Often weak defensive positional player.
Known to hog the ball (although I don't blame him in this team)
.....spends excessive time in head bin.
Further serious knee injuries r inevitable
Needs to be constantly spoon fed by charlatan life coach Joe wehbe or will become flustered & lose his way

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Decent points. How come every player who leaves the Roosters has more holes in their game than swiss cheese, yet every player that joins the Roosters is flawless. While you're here, I'll point out some interesting characteristics about Tedesco.

Weak passing game.
Injury prone.
So I got called an arsehole for being obstinate among many other things without provocation and you put this attaitude on someone who came in here, being honest, respectful and genuine.

Tommy Smith

Referee

Weak passing game.
Injury prone.

I just compared his attributes to Ben Barba and Craig Wing - you call that being critical? :D

The only thing I said he really needs to work on is his left to right passing which you would know if you watched our match two weeks ago. Hardly picking him apart and identifying plenty of weaknesses!

As for not being a strong kick returner in the mould of a Duges. So what? The Sharks just won a Premiership with that type of fullback by having the 3/4s do the dirty work.

In conclusion, did you actually read my post? I gave him a glowing endorsement.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just compared his attributes to Ben Barba and Craig Wing - you call that being critical? :D

The only thing I said he really needs to work on is his left to right passing which you would know if you watched our match two weeks ago. Hardly picking him apart and identifying plenty of weaknesses!

As for not being a strong kick returner in the mould of a Duges. So what? The Sharks just won a Premiership with that type of fullback by having the 3/4s do the dirty work.

I for one appreciate your comments Tommy.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'm genuinely excited to see how he goes in a starting role for you guys. He's an outstanding young man and a super talent.

Perhaps the biggest change you'll benefit from next year with the roster overhaul is the culture shift.

Doing away with a selfish spoilt brat like Moses and replacing him with the likes of Reynolds and Watson who are both team players and will fight for the jersey every game represents an exciting future for you fans.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm genuinely excited to see how he goes in a starting role for you guys. He's an outstanding young man and a super talent.

Perhaps the biggest change you'll benefit from next year with the roster overhaul is the culture shift.

Doing away with a selfish spoilt brat like Moses and replacing him with the likes of Reynolds and Watson who are both team players and will fight for the jersey every game represents an exciting future for you fans.
Fully agree.

This club has for a long time rewarded mediocrity by continually selecting poor performers, part due to bad coaching and part due to a disgraceful lack of depth.

The depth issue is being rectified right now and it is yet to be seen how Cleary will perform as a coach.

We can't judge him on this year as he has a team who largely won't be in the 17 next year.

Clifferd

Coach

I'm genuinely excited how we go as a brand new Unit next year but Watson to me is the signing I'm most excited about (provided rumours are true)

leaguelegend21

Juniors
So I got called an arsehole for being obstinate among many other things without provocation and you put this attaitude on someone who came in here, being honest, respectful and genuine.

Difference is I didn't abuse, swear and personally attack someone for a joke. If you read my post, I note his points and offer a near-identical analysis on his new recruit. Theres no need to have sour grapes - you apologised and everyone's moved on. Let's talk footy.

Tiger05

First Grade
I just can't wait for Rusty Packer and Matulino. The first good front row duo in 5+ years. Amazing!

I think Woods and Ava are a good front row combination but Woods has a lot of flaws in his game. The problem with Woods is the cost that he comes at and that his play is not really great for a team. He has slow play the balls and rarely makes a bust. He isn't the player who gets a roll on. If anything Ava is better than Woods in that regard. Woods though to be fair is a better player than both Packer and Matulino and Ava is a real quality forward who does basically everything right.

I basically think we have an issue with not having an impact forward now and next season as well as having a small backrow. It might though be okay but it really depends on how the pack gels next season.

8. Packer/Sue
9. McIlwrick/Liddle
10. Matulino/Aloiai
11. McQueen - he appears to be a left side player.
12. Lawrence - Lawrence also appears to be a left side player.
12. Taylor - should he be on the edge or up the middle.

That leaves a spot for one forward on the bench. Eisenhuth to me looks good.

Is that pack though good enough ?

Tiger05

First Grade

I thought you gave him a glowing endorsement as well. Is he really that good ? I haven't seen enough of him.

Clifferd

Coach
I think Woods and Ava are a good front row combination but Woods has a lot of flaws in his game. The problem with Woods is the cost that he comes at and that his play is not really great for a team. He has slow play the balls and rarely makes a bust. He isn't the player who gets a roll on. If anything Ava is better than Woods in that regard. Woods though to be fair is a better player than both Packer and Matulino and Ava is a real quality forward who does basically everything right.

I basically think we have an issue with not having an impact forward now and next season as well as having a small backrow. It might though be okay but it really depends on how the pack gels next season.

8. Packer/Sue
9. McIlwrick/Liddle
10. Matulino/Aloiai
11. McQueen - he appears to be a left side player.
12. Lawrence - Lawrence also appears to be a left side player.
12. Taylor - should he be on the edge or up the middle.

That leaves a spot for one forward on the bench. Eisenhuth to me looks good.

Is that pack though good enough ?

Woods is a good metre eater and offloader but let's be real he has one of the slowest play the balls in the Comp which imo is his biggest flaw.

If he could generate quick play the balls I have no doubt he could be the best prop in the comp

Tiger05

First Grade
Woods is a good metre eater and offloader but let's be real he has one of the slowest play the balls in the Comp which imo is his biggest flaw.

If he could generate quick play the balls I have no doubt he could be the best prop in the comp

I agree. I don't think our pack looks a lot better than next year compared to this year apart from losing Woods. We'll see if Woods actually has a negative effect on the team because of his slow play the balls. It'll be interesting how our pack goes and how Canterbury's pack goes.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Difference is I didn't abuse, swear and personally attack someone for a joke. If you read my post, I note his points and offer a near-identical analysis on his new recruit. Theres no need to have sour grapes - you apologised and everyone's moved on. Let's talk footy.
Someone came in here being genuine, positive and constructive and you responded like a child.

There is no difference.

I don't have sour grapes. But you can't go around bitching because people treat you poorly while at the sane time acting like a dick to others.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Watson is an enigma at fullback but I see similar attributes to Ben Barba.

Lightning acceleration, elusive footwork and a handy passing game; but not a kick returner just like Benny isn't.

But again that's the best case scenario at fullback.

Should that not pan out he also has the potential to make an excellent hooker; perhaps in the Craig Wing mould.

He needs to work on his passing left to right but again he has the attributes of high energy, a motor, good defender, lightning quick, has ball playing potential and is a tremendous support player.

Whereever he plays the good news is that he's got a tremendous work ethic and will get every ounce out of his potential.

The key to his success might well be a stable and firing halves combo so he doesn't carry too much weight on his shoulders.

I don't know about him at fullback, he looks an out and out 5/8 to me. I won't believe it until it's announced though as the same guy who's telling the world he's going to the Tigers also said the cowboys nipped the tigers at the last minute to sign Lolohea.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don't know about him at fullback, he looks an out and out 5/8 to me. I won't believe it until it's announced though as the same guy who's telling the world he's going to the Tigers also said the cowboys nipped the tigers at the last minute to sign Lolohea.
If we did get Watson I believe the ideal fit for us is him @ 6 & Reynolds @ 9 assuming Reynolds's shoulder can hold up to the rigours of defending @ 9.We shouldn't right of Lolohea's ability to make a good fist of playing @ fullback.Its in our best interests that we ascertain if he is up to it sooner than later & hence why IC should b immediately playing him @ fullback.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He did respond like a child. A genuinely good post was made and he replied talking only about Tedesco's negatives.

He can't go around expecting everyone to be nice and pleasant to him if he's going to treat them like that.

I'm not the one who complained about being treated poorly.

And citing a childish comment as childish is not abuse Ron and you know it.

Latest posts