Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by Tiger Woody, Mar 14, 2017.

1. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

If Watson signs it will be to play at fullback, not 5/8. Reynolds has been signed to play 5/8

2. Vozzy

Vozzy Juniors

I'm also wondering if Watson is locked in. I say it's a good chance because roosters already have tedasco at fullback and keary at 5/8. Plus they have resigned michael Gordon and Daniel tupou. Plus looks like Ferguson will resign. Which means Watson will be in reserve grade of he stays at roosters.

3. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

He looked good last night. Would be starting at most clubs

4. Tigers Tale

Tigers Tale Juniors

Looks like Watson to the Knights.

5. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Apparently Knights supporter growing up and also closer to family. Can't argue

Oh well, I'm starting to like the idea of LoLo at fullback next year anyway provided he trims down.

6. Billythekid

Billythekid Bench

LoLo has always been extremely talented and he's potential is huge. Personally I hope he gets the no1 jersey and has a huge off season and slims down. I think he is potentially the tigers biggest signing for next year.

Tiger Ted and Clifferd like this.
  7. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

He reminds me of a young benji Marshall. Does a lot of good stuff, but comes with some brain farts. I reckon the positives far outweigh the negatives though and I agree

8. Tigers Tale

Tigers Tale Juniors

With Nofoaluma I don't think anyone doubts his talent for bringing the ball back after kicks etc but gee I am really starting to doubt his value in this team so far as his defence is concerned. I was no flash winger when I played but I always lived by the mantra that if I let the opposition winger score against me it was my fault. It was better to let a centre run through a gap than get sucked into leaving your opposite like Nofo is continually doing.

Anyway, I digress. So my thoughts are Suli moves to the right centre and has Milne outside him. I think that is strong attack but also stronger defensively. For the left side would Marsters and Fonua be a good pairing or is Marster too slow, should we look at a better centre for the left side. I actually love his size and I think Brooks and Reynolds finding big runners like him will assist our attack next year.

So far as Lolo, I don't mind him playing fullback so long as he plays what is in front of him. I don't think at the moment he has the footy brain to play 5/8. May one day like Lockyer did but at the moment he isn't one I'd have in the halves. Hate is kick choices!!!

9. Tiger05

Tiger05 Bench

1. Tui
    2. Nofo
    3. Milne
    4. Suli
    5. Fonua
    6. Reynolds
    7. Brooks

I reckon it's going to be something like that. It's a very different backline to this year. That backline could honestly be great but there are so many questions over it.

Tui - will he handle the fullback role especially how tough it is. The kid to me looks great. He looks the player most likely to create something and his running game looks unreal.
    Nofo - I love the guy but his defence is terrible. Great hit-ups and can finish.
    Milne - an unknown. He looks good. How will he go with a starting spot.
    Suli - He looks like he can get caught out defensively as well. He also looks like a potentially great edge player.
    Fonua - an unknown. How will he handle it back in the NRL. He looks like a big winger similar to Nofo. Can he defend.
    Reynolds - he is a dumb player. He puts in but can he lead us. I don't think we should have signed him long term.
    Brooks - what do you say. He looks awesome at times but his game management is consistently poor as well.

We also need some backup options. Players get injured and lose form. We need to be able to slot other players in.

I'd love to see us pick up another outside back and a half. Maybe Gamble can fill that role in the halves.

10. Shredder

Shredder Juniors

05 I think thats our back line for next year.

I disagree that Reynolds is a dumb player though.
    Its funny if they gel we could run that back line out for several years. I think Brooks is the risk.

Tiger Ted likes this.
  11. Tiger05

Tiger05 Bench

That backline could be great. Brooks is a risk but to me all of them are. I hope they all fire and win the comp.

12. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

More than likely that will be the team. Fonua and Nofo will be great at getting us out of our own half, and hopefully Suli/Milne develop into first grade quality. Brooks and Reynolds will need a bit of time to gel, hopefully doesn't take too long.

Truthfully it is a bit of a no frills backline when you compare it to the likes of Roosters, Broncos etc but if they play for eachother and put in each week there is no reason they can't be a legitimate threat

13. magpie4ever

magpie4ever First Grade

We need to recruit Cronk on a 2 year contract.

Tiger Ted likes this.
  14. Tiger Woody

Tiger Woody Juniors

someone mentioned on here we are looking at Robbie Rockow

Thats all we need,another Edwards and Lovett. clone..

15. Tiger05

Tiger05 Bench

Newcastle have signed Watson (I think) and Moga. Those are the type of signings we need.

I don't think we need any more plodders. You do need your fair share of those types of players to round out the squad but we look to have a decent squad that is missing some top line players.

16. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

Cronk's impact would be unbelievable. You could put Cronk in a reserve grade team and they would be able to compete at first grade level.

Not going to happen though

17. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Not sure if anyone saw the two hits Fonua put on his opposite winger on the weekend but ill be surprised if the bloke doesn't have 37 broken ribs.