What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you think will win the 2013 AFL Premiership

Who do you think will win the 20113 AFL Premiership Post a Poll

• Hawthorn

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Sydney

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Geelong

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • West Coast

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Carlton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
bring it

do you remember the last team to bet the Swans before last night ?

chileman

Coach
Picked the Swannies of course but the Cats showed all teams how to beat Sydney last weekend....long season still to come!

CyberKev

Staff member
Geelong are clear premiership favourites, assuming it means much in early May. I expect the Cats vs Magpies match to be good value though.

I've been waiting for Essendon to fall off it and last night may have been the start. Too early to confirm though, as they weren't bad overall, just lost touch with the contest by kicking 1/9 for a quarter (appalling).

Port have been brave, but I think they're falling away and can't see them stemming it from here.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont know if it really means much other than bragging rights at being favs in May, so yeh I agree

long way to go but one point made by one of the commentators last night, we have a lot of 5 to 10 gamers but by the end of the season they will be 25 to 30 gamers and will be probably much better players

gotta say I am very impressed with Blitz, amazing ability to read the play after having taken up the game a year or so back, we gotta fit Vardy and Harry Mac in there when they get fit so Blitz could well be back in the VFL soon but I dunno if Scotty would want to drop him, amazing aerobic capacity

CyberKev

Staff member
Great win to Collingwood, who were up against it going in.

Shame Freo couldn't have gotten that extra point.

meltiger

First Grade
one of those other teams has already beaten both of them

next

Richmond beat them both last year by 10 goals during the home and aways. Where were the Tigers on GF Day?

Have a huge amount of respect for Geelong and what they have done, without the salary cap advantages that Brisbane had when they dominated, would love to see the Cats salute again and in my mind certainly stamp themselves as the greatest club of the modern era to date but Launceston at the least are good, very very good.

If Geelong are going to win, they need to avoid the Hawks during the finals. We all know Geelong can't beat the Tassie ones in a final ;)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it looks to be a 2 horse race for now but still a bit to go, form can change over the latter half of the season

we just need to get more games under these kids belts and get them hardened up for the finals, they are breaking down left right and centre atm, resting and soreness is causing us to rotate alot of players atm but thats been Sott's MO since the day he started at Geelong

BunniesMan

Immortal
Swans are shit
Collingwood beat Geelong and Sydney smashed Collingwood. nuffsaid.

But no really Geelong is the best team in the comp right now and us at our best are the closest thing to them.

A Sydney-Geelong final would be awesome, the two best teams of the last decade going at it. If we won we'd do something even Geelong couldn't do, back to back premierships.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Collingwood beat Geelong and Sydney smashed Collingwood. nuffsaid.

you left out one important tidbit, Geelong easily beat the Swans in Sydney

and we are yet to play a game at home so far this season while Collingwood continues to play at home every week