What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is going to be suspended

sheet_ed

Juniors
Good win by the Cowboys, I would like to take something away from them, but to be honest they played so well - good win. Sorry about Ty Williams bad tackle.

On Saturday - things got ugly out there and a few tempers went awol on the Storm front

Hill on report - careless high tackle - he will be gone for a week.
Slater on report - touch judge report - this will be thrown out - disgrace.
Kafusi - not put on report but what the f**k. He jammed an elbow right into the head of a Comboy with 3 friggin TV cameras pointing directly at him. My bet is that he will be gone for 2 weeks when the review committee looks into it.

As far as the refereeing, Smith doesn't get up my nose, he is a real stickler for the rules and the players know it. He may blow a lot of penalties but he is consistent against both teams. We lost because Cowboys were better and we dropped so much ball.

Anyone know the fate of Webster and (to a lesser extent) Walker?

With Hill gone we Geyer will shift to 5/8 and King will come back in, Webster will probable be out so Turner will hold down his wing spot.

ortz18

Juniors
We have a very bad injury crisis atm. A lot of forwards out, and now potentially Jake Webster as well. We played pathetically last night, but I thought the ref had a shocker. Slater needs to be dropped or something, because all this talk of him being better and fitter than ever is total BS. He has continued where he left off from last year.

sheet_ed

Juniors
Slater I thought played OK. I think we expect too much from him sometimes. As everyone says he is a confidence player without that he is a Joe Average.

I don't think he has got his rhythm with Cronk as he had with Orford yet. The other thing with Slater is that he runs off Brett White and with Whitey being off the paddock for a while their timing / trust is off.

There is not a SINGLE player who should take the blame for the loss, they were outplayed and the team handed the ball up to them.

I think the issue is maturity, when Bellyache calmed them down at 1/2 time they were a different team for 10 minutes them pffffft.

We will recover from this by round 6 that when most teams find where their rhythm is.

Surandy

Bench
Suspended? From that match last night? The only ones deserving suspensions are Russell Smith and that useless touchie.

In the opening period Storm threw everything they had against the Cowboys and the Cowboys repelled it all. The Cowboys were just too good for us.

Russell Smith penalised Billy Slater for not rising and playing the ball correctly, why did this happen? Because the Cowboys player pulled him over. Should have been a penalty to Storm, neither the ref not the touchie called it.

The video ref said no try due to obstruction by Billy Slater when Billy ran the hole and Hill passed the ball behind Billy, should have been a try as Billy was a legitimate decoy runner.

Second half Cameron Smith grubber kicked the ball and started to chase his own kick but Cowboys player deviated in his run to knock Smith over, Storm should have got the penalty.

Billy Slater tackled, the ref clearly calls held, Cowboys players pick him up and drag him something like 10 metres over into touch, result? Scrum, Cowboys feed, should have been a penalty to the Storm.

So many more examples of a very ordinary night from the three blind refs.

IMO the ref had an average game...he only penalised Melbourne for not getting off quickly in the tackles when the cowboys did the same thing..Slater should never have been sited; bloody ridiculous.

MONY

Juniors
Russel Smith: "should it be put on report"
Touchie: :? "ummmmmmmmmmmm yeh......sure"

Seriously what is that about ay.... he only came onto the field cause the crowd was booing... didnt have a clue about the tackle.....

Slater hit him late was all he could muster...

That game was the classic scenario of the ref being influenced by the crowd which should not happen...unfortunately this happens quite a bit when he reffing.

shadow grinder

First Grade
happens at every ground with every ref...its just part of the game. the refs need to open their eyes and grow some balls and make the decision based on what they think and saw.

girvie said:
I heard on the radio that Kaufusi is facing two weeks out.
Yea but the Storm dropped him to Brizzie Norths so he sits out 2 QLD games.
Due to us having the bye misses only one NRL game :lol:

:D

Inferno

Coach
this year that was. Crocker did the same thing last year though, something a lower grade game being played in New Zealand and therfore on at an earlier time so he could play for the rooters.