What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Is The Grumpy Blue Head Next To The BP Rankings On The F7s Website?

Jesbass

First Grade
blah-grumpy.gif

Who is he? Is he somehow related to the late BackPacker?

...Morticia...

Juniors
jesbass said:
blah-grumpy.gif

Who is he? Is he somehow related to the late BackPacker?

jessbass, my dad was an easy going person who never really got the sh*ts much but he reckoned he was getting grumpy old man syndrome in his old age. i think if i remember correctly, the time this avatar came out, the roosters forum was full of trolls and there was a fair whack of bitching in the sevens at the time and he was getting sicker and his paitience threshold was getting lower. its funny he shouldve chosen this as i dont remember him ever raising his voice despite the fact both his kids were complete sh*ts at various times. the avatar was a complete opposite of his actual personality. the mad cow one prior was probably a better reflection but he liked this one and it makes me smile everytime i see it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
...Morticia... said:
the mad cow one prior was probably a better reflection but he liked this one and it makes me smile everytime i see it.
Any idea where we can find that one Mort?

We can always update these things. :D

Jesbass

First Grade
Thanks Willow. Again. :lol:

...Morticia... said:
jessbass, my dad was an easy going person who never really got the sh*ts much but he reckoned he was getting grumpy old man syndrome in his old age. i think if i remember correctly, the time this avatar came out, the roosters forum was full of trolls and there was a fair whack of bitching in the sevens at the time and he was getting sicker and his paitience threshold was getting lower. its funny he shouldve chosen this as i dont remember him ever raising his voice despite the fact both his kids were complete sh*ts at various times. the avatar was a complete opposite of his actual personality. the mad cow one prior was probably a better reflection but he liked this one and it makes me smile everytime i see it.

Morticia, I obviously came across the sevens long after your father and his legacy, but from what I read about the history of the competition, and what people generally think of him, he sounds like he was a very impressive and well respected individual. I had no idea you were his daughter, but I think it's fantastic that you're still involved in the sevens, even in his absence.

Having the points system named after him must be a tremendous honour.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
...Morticia... said:

Morticia as soon as I clicked on this thread I smiled at the grumpy blue man.....I remember. So true your Dad wasn't a grumpy man at all.....but I can see the humour in the grumpy man.

The cow was a classic I loved the Cow:D

...Morticia...

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
Morticia as soon as I clicked on this thread I smiled at the grumpy blue man.....I remember. So true your Dad wasn't a grumpy man at all.....but I can see the humour in the grumpy man.

The cow was a classic I loved the Cow:D

yeah he was your classic happy grumpy old man :lol: is that an oxymoron? funny in the timing of the thread with fathers day and all.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
...Morticia... said:
yeah he was your classic happy grumpy old man :lol: is that an oxymoron? funny in the timing of the thread with fathers day and all.

Yeah it seems like someone is trying to cheer you up.

I hope it helped.

Oh and jesbass....BP was the greatest....he was one of my best friends and he loved his family, his Roosters, and the 7's.

...Morticia...

Juniors
Willow said:
Any idea where we can find that one Mort?

We can always update these things. :D

no idea willow. it was something he found when.......trolling :lol: i like the grumpy old blue head. it suits his memory for some weird reason.

...Morticia...

Juniors
jesbass said:
Thanks Willow. Again. :lol:

Morticia, I obviously came across the sevens long after your father and his legacy, but from what I read about the history of the competition, and what people generally think of him, he sounds like he was a very impressive and well respected individual. I had no idea you were his daughter, but I think it's fantastic that you're still involved in the sevens, even in his absence.

Having the points system named after him must be a tremendous honour.

it wasnt really named in his honour. he got given the job or took on the job or a combination of both :lol: of doing the player rankings. in his pedanticness it became a table type thing similar to what we have now and went from there.

yeah not many people pick me as his flesh and blood. he was kind, caring and above all, nice. i'm just an arse ;-) i got coerced into the sevens by him, ozzie and penelope pitstop (who seems to be the new loch ness). i hated it then and i hate it more now but for some reason i'm still here being judged by people i dont know, having dents put in my rather large ego. go figure :lol:

Bubbles

Juniors
Morticia,

Just an update for you on the latest Nessie sighting - I still talk to Penelope on a semi-regular basis. She backed off from the forums for sanity reasons, however, as you would be aware knowing Pen, it's only one small baby step, bless her!!!!

...Morticia...

Juniors
Bubbles said:
Morticia,

Just an update for you on the latest Nessie sighting - I still talk to Penelope on a semi-regular basis. She backed off from the forums for sanity reasons, however, as you would be aware knowing Pen, it's only one small baby step, bless her!!!!

and here i was thinking ness had moved to the central coast ;-) :lol: maybe with the resurrection of easts, there might be more sightings. but would people believe it or think it was an apparition?

Latest posts