What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is/was worse Josh McCrone or 2016 Benji?

Who is/was worse Josh McCrone or 2016 Benji?

• Josh McCrone

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • 2016 Benji

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hazzbeen

Bench
All that's changed is our roster has been improved - especially at hooker - which has provided us with better distribution and therefore, more scoring opportunities.
But we are predictable under McGregor and opposition coaches devise tactics to nullify us.
The massive question that remains unanswered:
"WHY WAS MANAGEMENT IN SUCH A HURRY TO COMMIT THE CLUB TO ANOTHER 2 YEARS OF McGREGOR AS COACH"
Totally premature and proving to be negligent.
It's a recurring theme unfortunately.
Because they were always going to sign him , so it was easier to do so while we were wining a few games . So we are stuck with him for another 2 years :(

Crush

Coach
It's a negative thread entitled "who is / was worse" so what do you expect for an answer?
I think OV's slant has merit as I am sure it permeates many other threads and not just this one.
So if you want to up someone then maybe the OP is your correct target?
I was actually just having a bit of fun with OV. He got it I think because it was directed at him (I actually quoted his post so he would read it). I actually enjoy OV on this forum he doesn't take it too seriously.

Smack

Coach
Yeah good one f**kstick
image.jpg

My lofty ruminations are objective, that's why.

Straight Shooter

Old Timer

Coach
I was actually just having a bit of fun with OV. He got it I think because it was directed at him (I actually quoted his post so he would read it). I actually enjoy OV on this forum he doesn't take it too seriously.
I'm afraid a gross misread on your part as he in fact takes it very seriously.
That's why so many pro club people want to try and hammer him as being less than objective and as a complaining person despite the fact we win a few games.
OV tries to take all the dressings off to expose the ugly wounds whilst others are busy using antiseptic cream, gauze and crepe bandages.
Whilst some dab a little Detol on the cuts and abrasions OV uses Friar's Balsam which is a much more definitive way to stop bleeding.
If that doesn't stop it a quick amputation and cauterisation will fix everything.
I am inclined too very much agree with him.

Crush

Coach
I'm afraid a gross misread on your part as he in fact takes it very seriously.
That's why so many pro club people want to try and hammer him as being less than objective and as a complaining person despite the fact we win a few games.
OV tries to take all the dressings off to expose the ugly wounds whilst others are busy using antiseptic cream, gauze and crepe bandages.
Whilst some dab a little Detol on the cuts and abrasions OV uses Friar's Balsam which is a much more definitive way to stop bleeding.
If that doesn't stop it a quick amputation and cauterisation will fix everything.
I am inclined too very much agree with him.
Yeah maybe but he is a bit of fun. He doesn't try to convince everyone that his opinion is correct. He just says "you're an idiot" and moves on.
I think its funny. I always read his entire posts.

BennyV

Referee
McCrone reminds me of Nathan Fien when he was our first choice half in the Price years.

Forced to fill in after an injuty and doing the best he can.

He's warming the seat for Ben Hunt, but he's effectively a reggies player so not sure what people expect ?
You said it yourself giboz. He's a reggies player, so we expect him to play reggies and give one of the other reggies (or otherwise) halfback options a chance.

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah maybe but he is a bit of fun. He doesn't try to convince everyone that his opinion is correct. He just says "you're an idiot" and moves on.
I think its funny. I always read his entire posts.
Nice try at a back hander but it went out over the base line unfortunately

Lethal25

Juniors
I'm looking forward to this weeks game for Benji. He's had his one game where he looked flashy in patches and journos have once again jumped on board quicker than George Rose to a buffet.

Storm at $1.70 look to be glorious odds as I anticipate the form of Benji to be fleeting as it has been for many years. Would be nice if you could take odds for Benji to kick out on the full or pass one into the stands

giboz71

First Grade
You said it yourself giboz. He's a reggies player, so we expect him to play reggies and give one of the other reggies (or otherwise) halfback options a chance.

McCrone is a strange one.

Agreed he's been horrible lately but I keep thinking about the first half of the year where he was very good. He had a lot to do with our fast start and our No. 1 attack. He was leading the comp in try assists at one point (he has 9 this year). Defensively he's been good too (who remembers that covering tackle on Feldt??). And most importantly, Widdop seems to play well with him.

As for replacements, who are they? Field is not ready to play 7 and Nona is injured. Mary has no real choice but to keep picking him.

BennyV

Referee
McCrone is a strange one.

Agreed he's been horrible lately but I keep thinking about the first half of the year where he was very good. He had a lot to do with our fast start and our No. 1 attack. He was leading the comp in try assists at one point (he has 9 this year). Defensively he's been good too (who remembers that covering tackle on Feldt??). And most importantly, Widdop seems to play well with him.

As for replacements, who are they? Field is not ready to play 7 and Nona is injured. Mary has no real choice but to keep picking him.
He did play ok, but considering the momentum we had I would have expected that at a minimum from whoever the halfback was. His kicking game was always shocking and nearly lose us a number of games early in the year, with the Sharks game round 3 standing out.

Replacements - Mann is the obvious one, give majority of the kicking to Widdop (as it should be) and at least Mann provides some reasonable attack. Nona should have had a shot before now. And TBH, we'd not lose a whole lot throwing Field in there if need be.

Players have been dropped for much, much less than the shit McCrone has dished up the last month, trying out alternatives should be the minimum happening right now.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Agree McCrone is nowhere as good a player as Benji, but I think we have won more games with McCrone as half then with Benji. Anyone have the stats?

giboz71

First Grade
Agree McCrone is nowhere as good a player as Benji, but I think we have won more games with McCrone as half then with Benji. Anyone have the stats?

Probably because Widdop plays better with McCrone. Widdop playing his best footy and we are always a better chance of winning (as this year has shown).

Widdop was mostly rubbish playing alongside Benji.

MilanDragon

Juniors
I'd rather have McCrone in the team than 2016 Marshall. The results speak for themselves. Even last year I think we won a few games with him playing.

It's a horrible situation as he really shouldn't be starting at 7. Individually he isn't as good a player as many 7's, however the team seems to perform better with him there than with Marshall.

The other part is we don't know how well the team/Widdop would go with another partner.

st.phil

Bench
McCrone reminds me of Nathan Fien when he was our first choice half in the Price years.

Forced to fill in after an injuty and doing the best he can.

He's warming the seat for Ben Hunt, but he's effectively a reggies player so not sure what people expect ?
I think fans expect a first grade player to be picked for first grade rather than an acknowledged reserve grader picked week in week out. Reasonable expectation no? I understand having mccrone in teh squad to sub in for the odd game when desperate however picking him consistently is surrendering the side to confirmed mediocrity. We literally cannot excel or improve with McCrone in the team week in week out.

Latest posts