What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Is Your Favourite Panther?

mxlegend99

Referee
Two things, those two males are clearly not strangers, so there may well be motive and intent.

That's the US legal system, its different, so that's pointless.

It's cool that you've gone to Google though, I was waiting for that.
So its a different legal system. You seem convinced any death resulting from it was accidental and unforseeable. They have reasonable doubt. Go defend him.

Yet you tried comparing a fighter punching a guy in the ring to a guy stimping a persons head after punching into him. I compared a guy who did the same thing just with a different outcome.

The outcome that one would expect though

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The two situations are not f**king remotely close.

Why isnt the fighter stomping his head? That's what Packer did. Admittedly AFTER punching him in the head repeatedly on the ground.

Deadset. If you're going to create a fictional scenario. Why change that method of attack? A stomp has a hell of a lot more force than a punch. Its far more likely to cause death.

It's a question of intent for gods sake! It's the same bloody situation except in the case of the UFC fighter, it's quite clear he was not trying to kill him, he was trying to win a fight.

How do you do you know, based on what you have read in a newspaper article, that he wanted him dead!! He just needed to kill him.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So its a different legal system. You seem convinced any death resulting from it was accidental and unforseeable. They have reasonable doubt. Go defend him.

Yet you tried comparing a fighter punching a guy in the ring to a guy stimping a persons head after punching into him. I compared a guy who did the same thing just with a different outcome.

The outcome that one would expect though

Where did I say that? He could have been an ex boyfriend obsessed with killing the new boy friend. That's murder. He has motive and intent. See how that works.

mxlegend99

Referee
There is absolutely nothing in this comment that suggest it was attempted murder lol wtf I’m done arguing. This 120kg beast stomped so hard on an unconscious blokes head but it barely left a mark. It doesn’t even make sense.
He broke 2 bones in his face. Barely left a mark?

The argument is said to have started when Packer was accused of stealing two cigarettes from a woman sitting nearby.

Magistrate Greg Grogan told the court that Packer punched the man in the face, causing him to fall and hit his head on the ground.

Packer punched the man several times as he lay on the ground and then stamped on his head, the court was told, leaving the victim with two fractured facial bones.

Packer pleaded guilty today to assault occasioning actually bodily harm and failing to leave a venue.

Mr Grogan labelled Packer's behaviour "cowardly and deplorable'' and said the result could have been much worse.

"The person fell to the ground and luckily it would appear did not suffer those injuries seen in media reports as of late,'' Mr Grogan said.

"There was potential for that, Mr Packer.

"You added fuel to the fire by attacking a man lying motionless on the ground, punching him and then standing up and stomping on his head.''

betcats

Referee
Wow.. this is getting ridiculous, MX your opinion of what he did is one thing.

The offence he committed, according to law, is not Attempted Murder. It’s not that hard to understand.

If old mate had of died, he would have been charge with Man Slaughter, not murder.

You are wrong. Move on.

MX opinions override everything apparently.

How many cases of a person dying from ONE head stomp can you even name MX? Coward punches are more deadly. The punch from Packer was more likely to kill the guy than the head stomp.

mxlegend99

Referee
Where did I say that? He could have been an ex boyfriend obsessed with killing the new boy friend. That's murder. He has motive and intent. See how that works.
Packer had motive. The same one he used to attack his victim.

Intent? How can you know he intended to kill him and didnt just want to f**k him up? You know like Packer wanted to with his victim.

mxlegend99

Referee
MX opinions override everything apparently.

How many cases of a person dying from ONE head stomp can you even name MX? Coward punches are more deadly. The punch from Packer was more likely to kill the guy than the head stomp.
How many people actually stomp on guys heads?

Packers fight started out with the same thing that kills people from a coward punch. A guy gettong smacked in the head and hitting his head on the pavement

Packer then continued punching him before stomping his head into the ground. But hey he never wanted to hurt the unconscious victim.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Packer had motive. The same one he used to attack his victim.

Intent? How can you know he intended to kill him and didnt just want to f**k him up? You know like Packer wanted to with his victim.

Hurray! You got it, No intent, can't charge with murder.

Here endth the lesson.

Praise be to Jesus!

mxlegend99

Referee
It's a question of intent for gods sake! It's the same bloody situation except in the case of the UFC fighter, it's quite clear he was not trying to kill him, he was trying to win a fight.

How do you do you know, based on what you have read in a newspaper article, that he wanted him dead!! He just needed to kill him.
When a guy is unconscious on the ground you've won the fight. Carrying on with it after the guys unconscious is clearly trying to do more than win a fight you have already won.

Atleast most fights I've seen the guy was declared the winner after knocking his opponent out. I don't ever recall them having to continue to get more punches in to be declared the winner.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
When a guy is unconscious on the ground you've won the fight. Carrying on with it after the guys unconscious is clearly trying to do more than win a fight you have already won.

Atleast most fights I've seen the guy was declared the winner after knocking his opponent out. I don't ever recall them having to continue to get more punches in to be declared the winner.

Do you need me to start flooding this place with UFC knock out videos... go to YouTube and educate yourself on that barbaric sport

betcats

Referee
I’ve seen a thousand unconscious people get hammered fisted or punched in the head watching UFC.

And for the record I think packers actions were disgusting and jail worthy, I’m not defending that.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hurray! You got it, No intent, can't charge with murder.

Here endth the lesson.

Praise be to Jesus!
Im not trying to charge him for f**k sake. Never was. Youre the one obsessed with what a person is charged with being more important than what they actually did.

I cant imagine if you had a family member killed or seriously injured from a person stomping on their head while they were unconscious that you would be happy with them getting a slap on the wrist though.

Who f**king knew we had so many people in here willing to defend an animal like Russell Packer? No wonder Gus is happy to talk to guys like him and Lodge. So long as they dont do anything that directly affects you nobody gives a f**k what they do.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Im not trying to charge him for f**k sake. Never was. Youre the one obsessed with what a person is charged with being more important than what they actually did.

I cant imagine if you had a family member killed or seriously injured from a person stomping on their head while they were unconscious that you would be happy with them getting a slap on the wrist though.

Who f**king knew we had so many people in here willing to defend an animal like Russell Packer? No wonder Gus is happy to talk to guys like him and Lodge. So long as they dont do anything that directly affects you nobody gives a f**k what they do.

Whose defending Russel Packer? I think he's a gutless pig who did an unspeakable act.

I'm simply saying he was charged with the correct defence as I'm not convinced he was trying to kill a stranger over two smokes.

ACTPanthers

Bench
My reasoning is what other possible reason is there to do that?

He punched him and he fell and hit his head on the ground. Fight over. Packer continued punching him in the head and then stomped on his head.

Is it possible to know what he was thinking? No. But is there any possible reason to do that other than to kill someone?
He’s an idiot. That’s a reason. Again, it’s your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

FWIW, I think Packer is a disgusting human who shouldn’t be in the NRL, so please don’t take my comments as condoning his actions in any way shape or form.

OldPanther

Coach

If Lodge came here I'd be out.

Latest posts