What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Is Your Least Favourite Panther?

Fangs

Coach
Every positive must have a negative.

Paul Franze.

Not the worst player to pull on a jumper by any means. But his arrival in 2005 signalled the start of a long period of mediocrity for our club. Was a big drop in quality from Girds and Whaturia.

No speed, abysmal defence and left Rooney out in the cold almost every game with his infamous dummy. Looked like he had some promise before his knee injury at the Sharks.

Shout out to Mark McGaw and Trevor Gillmeister who my Dad still complains about to this day.

betcats

Referee
The guy Russell Packer tried to kill...oh wait lol.

Seriously I have a soft spot for all our players, trent waterhouse used to have me cussing the tv out weekly tho.

Shout out to Mark McGaw and Trevor Gillmeister who my Dad still complains about to this day.

Ha ha.
1 season wonders.
Both were hyped up when they joined and both misfired.
'Sparkles' McGaw was dreadful from memory. Had 1 or 2 good games. I think 1 against Parra. Couldn't believe he later turned up on the TV show Gladiators.
Gillmeister cut from the broncs. I don't think he ever wanted to leave QLD.

Frankus

Juniors
Franze is a good shout. Mine is little more controversial. I can stomach the Gillmeister, Freeman, McGraw, Civoniceva, etc signings.

Jennings never seemed to put in with us. Maybe it was he didn’t get enough clean ball or was playing busted I don’t know. Granted our forwards and halves were sub par, but he goes to the Rooster on our dime and wins a comp and is probably the best centre in the comp by a mile.

Anyway he is a close second to the winner:

Waterhouse was so hyped by Penrith fans but he was a larger, lazier prequel to Josh Jackson. He always appeared like he did a lot and exerted himself due to sweating profusely and facial redness, but in reality did f**k all apart from give away dumb penalties and drop the ball at crucial times. Easily one of, if not, the most frustrating and overrated high profile Panther of the past 20 years.

But my opinion isn’t worth 2 knobs of goat shit...

mxlegend99

Referee
I had a real problem with Adrian Purtell.
It was probably completely irrational but I couldn’t stand him.
Nothing irrational about it.

Shit players that coaches love and find a place for no matter what are the worst. Even moreso when they hold off promising players from getting a shot.

soc123_au

Staff member
Joe Vitanza. Someone half competent in his spot & we win the premiership in 1990.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Moylan.

So much talent, potential, but zero ticker & commitment to any sort of hard work.

I think my dislike is fueled further by the fact he’s obviously uminas son & he’s held up like some sort of martyr on here.

I tend to agree. It's his lack of work ethic (which was on display tonight Cronulla V Dragons). It's warms my heart that this attitude has moved with him to the shire.

age.s

First Grade
Poor guy tried but he was really bad but the blame is with Elliott for playing him....especially in the backrow...in a semi

Still one of the most incredibly bad selections I've seen from a coach. A true jumping the shark moment.

tripster

Juniors
Matt Elliott and the CEO of the club who appointed Matt Elliott (can’t remember his name but the club went through a dark period under his tenure). It took years and years to clean up the mess the two of them left behind.

We went from the comparatively successful Lang era (admittedly declining but still competitive) to complete shit and stayed there. We won the spoon in our first year with him. How the f**k he wasn’t shown the door right away I don’t know.

Even to his day I get annoyed when I hear Matt Elliott talk out his arse on ABC radio or on NRL.com like he actually knows what he is doing.

Last edited: