What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who misses Benji?

Tiger05

First Grade
He was great for us for years. He wasn't any worse than Moses or Brooks out there tonight. I'm glad he moved on but I'm not going to sledge him.

This Year?

Immortal
When you find him can you please send him here: 124 Princes Highway, Beverley Park. Just give him $50, a map, a pat on the bum and send him on his way.

I cant say i miss him on tonights performance,apart from his errors no halfback is going to shine behind the go forward delivered by his forwards tonight.In fairness Widdop also seemed ineffective.
Brooks and Mosses had their moments but it also showed they still have a bit to learn which will come with experience.

Fordy20

Juniors
Thurston and Cronk would have struggled behind that Dragons pack tonight. In saying that, I reckon Marshall had a better game than Moses.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Was finished three years ago as a player and laughable how anyone thought (and still thinks) otherwise.

It's actually sad watching him play, he is just beyond awful.

Wizardman

First Grade
The only thing he is doing better now than at the Tigers years is kicking the ball with more quality.

Benji has lost something and I don't think he'll get back to his best. A great athlete who has just never really evolved beyond the physical gifts he had.

I place a significant portion of blame on Sheens. The only time he played with a good halfback in his career were the Scott Prince years and late season form from Robert Lui.

Benji Marshall could be returning home to finish his career at the Wests Tigers, with his manager meeting with club officials this week.
The club has begun a push for Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks to decide on their futures before the agreed June deadline, with Marshall discussed as a potential replacement should they miss out on keeping the pair.
:roll::roll::roll:

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...sts-tigers-20160304-gnatlz.html#ixzz41wFN5PcQ

So a 30th June deadline for Brooks and Moses to show what they are worth. The Storm may be looking for a 7 and Bellemy will end up turning one of the guys into a very good 1st grade RL player.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Benji Marshall could be returning home to finish his career at the Wests Tigers, with his manager meeting with club officials this week.
The club has begun a push for Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks to decide on their futures before the agreed June deadline, with Marshall discussed as a potential replacement should they miss out on keeping the pair.
:roll::roll::roll:

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...sts-tigers-20160304-gnatlz.html#ixzz41wFN5PcQ

So a 30th June deadline for Brooks and Moses to show what they are worth. The Storm may be looking for a 7 and Bellemy will end up turning one of the guys into a very good 1st grade RL player.

If we lose Brooks or Moses then I would welcome back Benji. I'm not confident that we can carry both Brooks and Moses together as they need to be playing alongside an experienced half to fully develop to their potential.

I honestly have no idea who I would rather keep out of Brooks/Moses. Probably Brooks as we have seen first hand how amazing he can be.

Putting everything aside lets just imagine something for a second. An in-form Brooks and Benji in the halves with Tedesco at fullback.....

Vic Mackey

Referee
it would be brilliant from a marketing and PR point of view, however if we lose either Ill be pretty shattered. weve put a lot of time into them and sacrificed other players. both are now coming into their prime and id expect a lot of improvement this year.

i went to the charity shield, for a 31 year old playing for a contract benji couldnt have been anymore unimpressive. he looked unfit, slow and uninterested. coming back to the tigers sounds great in theory but to me it would be a disature and massive step backwards. would also ruin his legacy at the club.

if either halves leave i would go all out for mitchell pearce. wouldnt suprise me if the roosters let him walk with hastings and nikorima there and sbw/hayne a chance to come back next year. would be a huge redemption story coming to play for what exists of the club where his dad is possibly their greatest ever player.

Tigerted

Juniors
Recruiting Benji would b a massively regressive decision which is par for the course for this abysmally run club.

Unless there is massive improvement in Brooks's form I think he'd be the most disposable of our halves as Moses looks the goods & a more complete player.

Assuming brooks continues to disappoint then certainly Pearce would be ideal @ scrumbase with Moses as he defends like his old man & has a good kicking game an area we've been found wanting for years !

I do very much hope brooks & Moses start living up to the hype this season or we r well & truly f**ked in the short / medium term !

Let's hope we can jag a few wins over the next 10 days @ our 2 spiritual homes !

Tiger05

First Grade
I do very much hope brooks & Moses start living up to the hype this season or we r well & truly f**ked in the short / medium term !

We really need Brooks, Moses and Sironen to step up. They can turn us into a quality team if they prove they are quality first graders.

gordsy

Juniors
So we may re-sign a guy who was past his best when we released him. Surely even we can't be that f**ked in the head.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Imagine losing Brooks and Moses for next year, but the club saying don't worry, all good we have got Benji back...

God help us...

Tigerted

Juniors
It's inconceivable we would lose both although the appalling decision making we've been subjected to @ WT it wouldn't surprise.

Moses is the real deal.The kid showed last year as the season progressed that he has class, vision & guts defensively where for one so slender he wasn't concerned about taking on forwards twice his size.

Brooks on the other hand is a concern as he stagnated last year when the expectation was he'd improve especially under a coach who was a no. 7.

The trick for Taylor is how do u optimise the value in attack of these 2 when they r both playing coz I really believe Moses is the superior @ guiding the team around.