What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who plays Dragons in the Grand Final?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Mary got dis. We faded out in the 2nd half of last year and missed the finals by losing to a team of weak mongs in the last game.

This year we lose to that team of weak mongs 3 rounds out from the finals bit because we did better in the 1st half of the season we will fall into the finals and get smashed and fall out in week 1.

#improvement

Barkley

Bench
They're 2nd last, so phew.
images

Wizardman

First Grade
I cannot believe how flat they are. They have so many issues at the moment.

That pack (Frizell and Vaughan aside) is deadset f**ked. They have zero punch and are easy to contain.

Ben Hunt's confidence seems absolutely shot. Dufty would be in reserve grade at some clubs.

Grapple

Bench
I cannot believe how flat they are. They have so many issues at the moment.

That pack (Frizell and Vaughan aside) is deadset f**ked. They have zero punch and are easy to contain.

Ben Hunt's confidence seems absolutely shot. Dufty would be in reserve grade at some clubs.

Hunt never seemed like a confidence type player to me, or a guy who really backs himself.
He's got an obvious skill set, but he's not a leader and you need that from your 7. Shaun Johnson can go missing in games, like Hunt, but his talent and confidence in his ability can make up for it - and often steal a game.

You're right about their pack. Their backs are good enough to punch through the tiring/retreating defensive line, but when that same pack is slow they don't have enough creativity to get them through.

Wizardman

First Grade
Hunt never seemed like a confidence type player to me, or a guy who really backs himself.
He's got an obvious skill set, but he's not a leader and you need that from your 7. Shaun Johnson can go missing in games, like Hunt, but his talent and confidence in his ability can make up for it - and often steal a game.

You're right about their pack. Their backs are good enough to punch through the tiring/retreating defensive line, but when that same pack is slow they don't have enough creativity to get them through.
Ben Hunt really worries me at the moment. You are spot on in your assessment of him...great skills but almost a reserve grader between the ears. Some halves when their halves partner cops an injury do extras and thrive on it. Hunt went MIA. We'll be interesting to see how his career pans out over the next five years.

This side almost needs to put a reserve grade side in next week to give the key blokes a week away from footy. It is a very tired looking team with low morale.

jk13

First Grade
The bottom 4 teams should branch off and create their own comp, the spoon race is far more exciting than the top 4 robot teams. Saint shit can join this rebel league for the laughs

The Rosco

Bench
I hate how when we beat a top side, it becomes diluted in the following weeks when that top side starts playing like last night and getting beat by everyone, and the likes of Parra.
That's what I don't like.
OP would like to change the name of this thread please admin.

Pedge1971

First Grade
The change in refereeing leniency at the ruck and the 10 metres has helped teams like Melbourne & the Roosters and completely stifled teams like Saints, Warriors, Oenrith and to a lesser extent Souffs.

Start blowing penalties for these infringements ahain and these teams will come back into it.

carcharias

Immortal
Were the dragons drug tested at the start of the year?
On second thoughts...
... were they tested after last night ?
They played like they were off their faces.

Last edited:

Saxon

Bench
The change in refereeing leniency at the ruck and the 10 metres has helped teams like Melbourne & the Roosters and completely stifled teams like Saints, Warriors, Oenrith and to a lesser extent Souffs.

Start blowing penalties for these infringements ahain and these teams will come back into it.
You're kidding aren't you?
The only refereeing change that would have helped St Merge last night was a new rule saying that every time a Parramatta player touched the ball they were sent off.

Pedge1971

First Grade
You're kidding aren't you?
The only refereeing change that would have helped St Merge last night was a new rule saying that every time a Parramatta player touched the ball they were sent off.

No they were shit last night and got their ass handed to them. They have not been that bad before the warriors game but their confidence is shot.

But if you look back to the time the slide started, it was the same time Turd gave the directive to the refs to stop blowing penalties in the ruck and the 10.

SBD82

Coach
No they were shit last night and got their ass handed to them. They have not been that bad before the warriors game but their confidence is shot.

But if you look back to the time the slide started, it was the same time Turd gave the directive to the refs to stop blowing penalties in the ruck and the 10.
I've had similar thoughts myself.

The thing that really shits me is that everyone knows that the refs have changed their interpretations, and we've done nothing to adapt.

Valheru

Coach

It has helped melbourne but it is a complete myth that it has helped the roosters. We changed the way we played after round 8 and that is the reason for our success since round 10. We have actually conceded more penalties since the refereeing leniency

Latest posts