What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who plays Dragons in the Grand Final?

Pedge1971

First Grade
It has helped melbourne but it is a complete myth that it has helped the roosters. We changed the way we played after round 8 and that is the reason for our success since round 10. We have actually conceded more penalties since the refereeing leniency

My opinion only, do not expect everyone to agree. But it is the ones you get away with not the ones you concede that make the difference. Being able to lie on top of the tackled player in the ruck longer and stand inside the 10 without being penalised suits your game plan which is based around defence.

Granted your counter attack has improved massively at the same time.

wibble

Bench
The change in refereeing leniency at the ruck and the 10 metres has helped teams like Melbourne & the Roosters and completely stifled teams like Saints, Warriors, Oenrith and to a lesser extent Souffs.

Start blowing penalties for these infringements ahain and these teams will come back into it.

I think it helps my team come back into it as well, we can grind out wins with the best of them.

But it is crap for the game and for the teams that were playing such a lovely, open style of play. I can't recall a season with such a big difference between officiating from 1/3 of the season to the other 2/3s.

Dragons are in serious trouble now though. Eels have had some good games lately (all the "wooden spoon" contenders are lifting), but 40-4 is a disaster, and Widdop out is the end of them.

They are the team everyone most wants to play first in the finals.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
No they were shit last night and got their ass handed to them. They have not been that bad before the warriors game but their confidence is shot.

But if you look back to the time the slide started, it was the same time Turd gave the directive to the refs to stop blowing penalties in the ruck and the 10.

Nah. The slide started in round 10 when they got pumped by Souths and then Penrith two weeks after. The directive to ease up on the penalties was a few weeks after that.

Nothing to do with penalties they just peaked too soon like they have for the last few years.

carcharias

Immortal
I for one am loving this new look Dragons side. Very entertaining to watch.
Why can’t sharks games be as chilled to watch as the dragons v parra?
I was on the lounge with a blanky over me.

Yesterday I stood up swearing at the TV for 80 minutes straight.

Springs09

Juniors
I think it helps my team come back into it as well, we can grind out wins with the best of them.

But it is crap for the game and for the teams that were playing such a lovely, open style of play. I can't recall a season with such a big difference between officiating from 1/3 of the season to the other 2/3s.

Dragons are in serious trouble now though. Eels have had some good games lately (all the "wooden spoon" contenders are lifting), but 40-4 is a disaster, and Widdop out is the end of them.

They are the team everyone most wants to play first in the finals.

Well everyone bitched and bitched and bitched about it despite the great footy being played by the Dragons, Warriors, Panthers, Tigers & Knights. It was great seeing the Knights and Tigers winning again, but the dumbass media and dumbass bitching fans got their way and we get to see Storm and Roosters dominate again with their garbage play.

At least Brisbane are still shit.

This Year?

Immortal

That one was on there too. I thought about burning mine but knowing my luck I would probably get burnt too.