What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who replaces Brett Finch at 5/8th and Maurice Blair at centre next year?

Knock On

Juniors
Agreed. We jumped up too quickly. We should have stayed back.

So how do we:-

a) solve it short term for this year.

b) get a player to consolidate the left centre position next year who is a tackling demon?

B-Hard

Juniors
They don't need to be a tackling demon, they just have to buy into the system and deliver. No one thinks Blair is a good defender but he's been really good this season, same with Goodwin at Souths.

Bman26

Juniors
Just me but did it seem odd that a side that has defended pretty well (not exceptional but pretty well) was all of a sudden completely inept, we got a look at basically every play manly will run down that side if we play them again.

Just saying.

Knock On

Juniors
Agreed. After Jesse fumbled, the whole of the Storm back-line looked like they were stoned or something for the first half. What happened?

PS. They dso need to be a good defender else they will be smashed like Blair was against Manly? Buy in is not enough.

Surely there is an expert defensive left centre player we can pick up on the relative cheap. Just sayin.

Agreed. After Jesse fumbled, the whole of the Storm back-line looked like they were stoned or something for the first half. What happened?

PS. They dso need to be a good defender else they will be smashed like Blair was against Manly? Buy in is not enough.

Surely there is an expert defensive left centre player we can pick up on the relative cheap. Just sayin.

Can't see them buying another centre...the 2014 squad is almost sorted. We have bought Travis Robinson who can play centre and wing and Young Tonumaipeau is also waiting for his chance and will get it next year.

Knock On

Juniors
How good is Young Tonumaipeau?

Seems we are putting a lot of faith in our juniors.

Young and Ben Hampton.

It Will be a whole new Storm next year.

Based on youth.

How good is Young Tonumaipeau?

Seems we are putting a lot of faith in our juniors.

Young and Ben Hampton.

It Will be a whole new Storm next year.

Based on youth.

They are banking on Hampton next year at no 6...no other options really.

He is different to Widdop though so their game plane will change. I like the look of Hampton as he is gutsy and likes to take on the line.

B-Hard

Juniors
Hampton IMO takes the line on a lot more than Widdop does, be it in the Q cup. He also plays more like a playmaker than Widdop. Really looking forward to seeing him with the big 3.

Hampton IMO takes the line on a lot more than Widdop does, be it in the Q cup. He also plays more like a playmaker than Widdop. Really looking forward to seeing him with the big 3.

Agree...he reminds me of a cross between Finch and Smith which will add a new dimension to the team.

Noa

First Grade
Widdop is bigger, stronger and has better footwork.

Hampton is faster and probably has a better passing and kicking game. Hes's more of a talker then Widdop as well. Will probably get found out a few times defensively next year till he puts some size on.

B-Hard

Juniors
Wouldn't surprise me if one bit to see Tohu Harris playing centre next year, specially if Bellamy can't trust any of the others defensively.

Noa

First Grade
Ive been T's biggest fan from his first sg ball games but god I'd hope not.

Does alright as a stop gap but he was marking up against an ordinary center last night. The good coaches with good strike players would expose him there .You'd have to think Hymel Hunt will be given first shot. Don't rule out Matt Duffie switching there either. Saw him play alot of center in NSW cup in 2010 and he was terrific.

N4national

Juniors
why buy when we can build... if you followed the development sides you'd know we have Somi coming through who was originally a centre but has been playing second row at Sharkies NSW Cup as well, we also have Kurt Mann who can play halves or full back. Ben Hampton is the best bet and I would have had him in the side while Gaz was out. Love Finchy but we need young guns. Young T is great on the wing and fullback as well as Denny, move Mahe back to centre if need be. We have Duffie and Juz still there from the 2009 20s squad. Save your money and stick with what we have.

Noa

First Grade
Kirisome hast resigned yet and is off contract, likewise Denny.

Mahe should be kept as far away from center as possible.

Knock On

Juniors
Yere, Hampton is being compared to a young Cam Smith, I heard.

It is the right policy to go with him.

Kirisome hast resigned yet and is off contract, likewise Denny.

Mahe should be kept as far away from center as possible.

Auvaa will be there nest year...not sure about Denny.

And until Fonua can learn to tackle he may be on the outer next year IMO.