What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who replaces Cappy?

Scott

Bench
I heard that McGuire will be the coach next season & Cleary will be the Rabbits coach.

JJ

Immortal
the McGuire/Cleary rumour was going around a while back - McGuire's been on quite the PR push, presumably to save his job... McFuddle gets an arm chair ride from our lot, you'd think he had a Steve Hansen like record

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Lol...

Just looked at 3 other sites...same info.

Cheers for the warning :cool:
Oh you didnt know... Bro, wikipedia can be edited by anybody, I can change if now if I wanted to. Its not solid.

If you do a university paper and you reference wikipedia, you will be told what Ive just told you.

Anyway, the point youre trying to make, yeah he looks good.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Agree.. I'd put crappy in the same pile as Mary, JT, Barrett. I think Ivan is only marginally better.

We have to go better, not equal so if I had the cheque book it would be Tooves .

The Walkers look good at 2nd div but are unproven.

What's happening to the Bunnies coach ?
At least he's proven..

Oz, you know I'm a big fan of yours and you always have a strong opinion. But why is Ivan marginally better than those 3? And why would you prefer Toovey over Ivan? I can't see the rationale. Toovey has achieved nothing in the game that Ivan hasn't. Those three (Mary, JT, Barrett) have about two finals matches appearances between them for zero wins.

I'd like Maguire (Bunnies coach). I've heard the rumours and I'd love it to happen. Someone to kick our guys' arses.

ozbash

Referee
Cos. .. :)

I think a few actually forget just how mediocre Ives was..his style was super predictable and while he was here, most recognized that we'd never win a premiership with him calling the shots.
We need a no bullshit, shape up or ship out type of coach. Ivan is too nice and I suspect that's why Gus ghoulies punted him from Penrith..

Tooves has always been regarded as an "angry man" and I think that's the sort of guy we need to grab this team by the scruff of the neck and shake the bad shit out of some of them.

Justin Morgan's wiki resume surprised me.. knew he did ok in Britain but wasn't actually aware he'd been under the wing of some pretty handy coaches down under.

Is he being stifled ?

ozbash

Referee
Found this on the Fox website...

With a grand final appearance, two more finals runs, a 2015 campaign that still isn’t dead in the water and a winning percentage of 57.6 per cent, the results weren’t enough to save Geoff Toovey from the Manly chopping block this week.

But they are enough to put his record among the best of coaches to be given the punt in the NRL era.

According to the FoxSports Lab, since 1998 only six coaches have better winning records at a club they’ve since departed than Toovey does holding the maroon and white clipboard — Wayne Bennett at the Broncos and Dragons (65.2 per cent and 64.6 per cent respectively), Jason Taylor at Parramatta (62.5 per cent), Jim Dymock at the Bulldogs (62.5 per cent), Ricky Stuart at the Roosters (60 per cent), Chris Anderson at Melbourne (59.6 per cent) and his predecessor Des Hasler at the Sea Eagles (59.2 per cent).

Leber

Bench
Cos. .. :)

I think a few actually forget just how mediocre Ives was..his style was super predictable and while he was here, most recognized that we'd never win a premiership with him calling the shots.
We need a no bullshit, shape up or ship out type of coach. Ivan is too nice and I suspect that's why Gus ghoulies punted him from Penrith..

Tooves has always been regarded as an "angry man" and I think that's the sort of guy we need to grab this team by the scruff of the neck and shake the bad shit out of some of them.

Justin Morgan's wiki resume surprised me.. knew he did ok in Britain but wasn't actually aware he'd been under the wing of some pretty handy coaches down under.

Is he being stifled ?
This. Ivan is only an average coach. He did well to get us to a grand final and to 4th on the ladder with a shit squad in 07, but overall there are a lot of other coaches better than him. I remember a lot of us wanted him gone numerous times due to his selections.

It simply has to be Toovey. I'd be happy with McGuire also.

All this talk about not wanting Cleary because he won't win us a GF? WTF? If he gets us to the finals we are in for a chance like every other team. He got us there most times we can suggest maybe this time we could get the likes of Morgan and other mentors in to help with the finals series. Proven people from the past coach or player to help assist Cleary. I think ppl are harsh saying he will never get a team to win a GF. He almost won one with this mob before we weren't too far off. Madge is my favorite of the lot though Cleary at 2nd.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
All this talk about not wanting Cleary because he won't win us a GF? WTF? If he gets us to the finals we are in for a chance like every other team. He got us there most times we can suggest maybe this time we could get the likes of Morgan and other mentors in to help with the finals series. Proven people from the past coach or player to help assist Cleary. I think ppl are harsh saying he will never get a team to win a GF. He almost won one with this mob before we weren't too far off. Madge is my favorite of the lot though Cleary at 2nd.
Oh youre back lol. I thought you gave up on us, sounds like youve had a change of?? Heart! ;)

Any coach but Cappy. Why not a kiwi coach?