What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should captain Saints

Who Should Captain St George

• Lance Thompson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trent Barrett

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Acka

Coach
Hi There,
I'm just running a poll to see who you guys think should captain Saints.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well I always thought that Thommo was a better on-field captain but Barrett will do fine. Makes little difference who has the (c) when both are on the field

Collateral

Coach
From a supporters view I would say Thompson because he is a lot more visually passionate. However I dont play and train with the Dragons so its hard to tell what goes on behind the scene's and what they are both like. There is more to being Captain then just being out on the field. A captain is someone everyone has to respect and look up to on and off the-field....so I think its just impossible to say who I think the Captain should be when we cant see the other stuff that goes on.

Buzz Boy

Juniors
This is just the sort of thing that the article in the Mercury was trying to do.

Yet another way to try and divide the fans.

:evil:

Simon

Juniors
It has to be Barrett. If Barrett wasn't captain I think he probably wouldn't of resigned. Although Thompson is a great player and probably would be a better captain then Barrett, Barrett has the capability to win matches single handedly whereas Thompson doesn't. For this reason giving the captaincy to Trent probably makes him happier to stay and will keep him at the club longer.

Simon said:
It has to be Barrett. If Barrett wasn't captain I think he probably wouldn't of resigned. Although Thompson is a great player and probably would be a better captain then Barrett, Barrett has the capability to win matches single handedly whereas Thompson doesn't. For this reason giving the captaincy to Trent probably makes him happier to stay and will keep him at the club longer.

The other school of thought would say that its better to let our main play maker, Barret, concentrate on his game and not burden him with the extra responsibility of captaincy.

SaintTPP

First Grade
Either one of them is a great choice to captain Saints. Barrett has shown his respect and devotion to the Dragons by siging and 4 year deal not too long ago before he went on the market..so he will never know what other teams would have been offering (which is very selfless of him to do) and then there's the true Champion Thommo who wears his jumper with pride and plays with such determination and passion. So seriously whatever happens it will be good for me.

All I wanto see is Thommo and Baz holding the 2004 Telstra Premierhip Trophy!