What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was better?

abpanther

Staff member
Hey peeps,

Stole this from another thread, but thought it could work here.

Essentially you ask who was better out of 2 wrestlers, next poster picks one (and explains why if possible) and then proposes the next 2.

This is a question of who you thought was better and is solely based on your opinion and own metrics, it can be based on longevity, titles, popularity, wrestling skills, etc.

Alright I'll kick things off

Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hey peeps,

Stole this from another thread, but thought it could work here.

Essentially you ask who was better out of 2 wrestlers, next poster picks one (and explains why if possible) and then proposes the next 2.

This is a question of who you thought was better and is solely based on your opinion and own metrics, it can be based on longevity, titles, popularity, wrestling skills, etc.

Alright I'll kick things off

Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart?

In my opinion, HBK was the best I've ever seen. He had charisma, athleticism, good knowledge of ring psychology and knew how to sell. Hart was probably more talented overall, but in terms of the overall package, HBK was the man for me.

Essa Rios or Chavo Guerrero?

Chavo Guerrero, I'm a fan of the storytellers and the spot guys, but Guerrero was a better storyteller then Rios was a spot guy. Even Lita couldn't make Rios super interesting.

Billy Gunn or Road Dog?

DB

First Grade
Billy Gunn.... I don't know why, but just prefer him. He is actually my most played with attitude Character on WWE 13.

CM Punk or Stone Cold Steve Austin

Big Pete

Referee
Austin.

Punk hasn't been afforded Austin's opportunity but I'd still give it to Steve on the basis that he had a better look and was a better brawler. Punk has certain advantages, but I feel like they were all hackneyed tributes to wrestlers who performed those spots much better than he has.

I love Punk though, one of the few guys who doesn't make me feel embarrassed to be watching Raw with mates or family.

Ken Shamrock vs. Taz

abpanther

Staff member
Lex Luger

I never really liked Batista, felt like he only got to where he was because of his size, had no mic or ring skills. Luger had a nice run in the WWF (All-America) and also in WCW.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts v Ravishing Rick Rude

Misanthrope

Staff member
Jake 'The Snake' Roberts. Nobody cut a better promo than that guy.

Trish Stratus or Madusa?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Stratus, ever since she has left the womens division has pretty much died inside wwe, plus i only ever really remember madusa for the title in the trash in wcw + her Cruiserweight run.

Kurt Angle or Chris Benoit

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm going to give the edge to Undertaker, as much as it pains me. To me, Sting's promos often feel a little bland. At his prime, I'd say he was a better worker, but he's gone downhill at a rapid rate whereas Taker can still produce one or two outstanding matches a year.

Dean Malenko or Perry Saturn?

DB

First Grade
Kane.... Big Show's voice annoys the f**k out of me.

World's Greatest Tag Team or Londrick?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Jeez, two teams that never really reached their potential.

The edge to WGTT because of their superior in ring work and their run in RoH. Londrick basically disappeared.

Bart Gunn or Chuck Palumbo?

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'll give it to Bart Gunn, loved his bout with Butter Bean lol. Didn't really see too much of Chuck except his feud with Jamie Noble.

X-Pac or Rey Mysterio?

nöyd

Staff member
X-Pac - i wasnt much of a WCW fan so the bulk of my watching Rey comes from WWE. imo if it wasnt for Cena then Rey would be copping that "Cena-heat" from anti PG and Attitude Era fans, he needs/needed a heel turn just as much if not more than Cena. Plus I just plain think the 619 is a pissweak finisher.

Hall or Nash?

Misanthrope

Staff member
I always preferred Hall. I thought he was a better worker and cut a better promo. He was just an idiot.

Chyna or The Great Khali?