What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will finish higher in 2011 - Bunnies or Broncos?

Who will finish higher in 2011

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loudstrat

Coach
I bet the Broncos will.

I have to admire Cullen for uttering these words: (found here: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...star-greg-inglis/story-fn2mcuj6-1225948765555)
"We think it is an honour to represent our club and thus felt compelled to place a deadline of this afternoon for Greg to sign the contract he and his manager had agreed to.

I also note this - especially after Mundine has gotten involved:
It was believed he had discussions with French rugby union club Toulon, but a move to Europe is unlikely, while he has previously attracted the attention of AFL clubs.

As soon as Scumdine gets involved him and Nassar are hawking him to f*cking Toloun!

boxhead

First Grade
Souths for mine. Whether Greg Inglis signs or not, they should finish very high, as should the Broncos of course.

Debatable really, I would tip neither with any great confidence as both teams are at very good odds to go all the way.

BranVan3000

Coach
Bunnies

But I also think Broncos, Bunnies and Warriors will be the surprisingly good teams of 2011

Liddell

Juniors
What about Parra or Sharks?

Both have signed some classy journeymen, but im leaning towards Parra because of the Webb factor. The heart he showed in his fight earlier this year will do wonders for that rabble.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Brisbane. I will back the team acustomed to success on the field. Last season was a hiccup, most forget that the Broncos were a team ravaged by injuries to key personnel and were well on the way to finals footy.

I don't believe for one minute that Brisbane don't have some announcment re: coaching or playing talent to come before the year is out either.

BranVan3000

Coach
Brisbane. I will back the team acustomed to success on the field. Last season was a hiccup, most forget that the Broncos were a team ravaged by injuries to key personnel and were well on the way to finals footy.

I don't believe for one minute that Brisbane don't have some announcment re: coaching or playing talent to come before the year is out either.

So were Souths, even moreso

The 18th Man

Juniors
So were Souths, even moreso

Souths suffered injuries, granted, though they have missed the finals all but twice since 1989 (not including the years they were punted obviously)...injuries or not, they aren't successful with or without key players.

Big Sam

First Grade
John Lang's a far better coach then Henjak will ever be so Souths to finish higher but both will play finals.

The 18th Man

Juniors
John Lang's a far better coach then Henjak will ever be so Souths to finish higher but both will play finals.

What has John Lang achieved with Souths thus far?

Coaches and players have used by dates, Lang's just might be up. I'd be surprised if both coaches you mention see out 2011 and in Henjak's case, even make the start of 2011.

Playing the Captain Obvious card re: who is the better coach between a veteran and new comer won't necessarily translate to on field success.

Big Sam

First Grade
Granted he hasn't done anything substantial with us (neither has Henjak with Brisbane), but he knows what is required to win a premiership and unlike Henjak is liked by the players.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths, clearly. Brisbane should get back in the 8 as we would have without GI, with and we're a top 4 team. We finished ahead of Brisbane this year, and what's changed between 2010 and 2011? Exactly.

As for Cullen, he's handled himself with dignity throughout this whole thing, he's got my respect. Dan Gilbert of the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers could learn a thing or two from him.

And about the Mundine connection, people don't know him and Crowe are good mates, Crowe let him use his rural property to train before a fight. And Mundine has done some work for Souths. I'll be honest, like most people I didn't like Mundine before now, but if he's talking superstars into staying in the NRL, I have no problem with him.

adamkungl

Immortal
Souths...Brisbane have a culture of success and will immediately aim to fix their problems of last season. Souffs will continue to set the bar for mediocrity. As long as they don't pick up yet another spoon it will be a successful year for Rusty's troops

Slammin

Juniors
Okay so can we all agree that when Souths don't make it in the 8 next year that we can finally officially kick the scum out. The team is full of idiots and thugs, a true representation of their community.

Souths won't make the 8

Broncos will finish around 4th or 5th

haha

Juniors
Okay so can we all agree that when Souths don't make it in the 8 next year that we can finally officially kick the scum out. The team is full of idiots and thugs, a true representation of their community.

Souths won't make the 8

Broncos will finish around 4th or 5th

Why would you want to kick the roosters out if souths don't make the 8?
:crazy:

Razor

Coach
Provided most of Souths forward pack isn't injured for a lot of next year like they were this year, then Souths will finish top 4. Broncos won't make the 8.

BranVan3000

Coach
Souths suffered injuries, granted, though they have missed the finals all but twice since 1989 (not including the years they were punted obviously)...injuries or not, they aren't successful with or without key players.
We've only been under new management for four years and the entire team has transformed since then, including having made the finals. We didn't have marquee players before 2007, we had a bunch of dregs. 2008 and 2009 were disappointments, but that was the fault of a mediocre coach.

2010 we were stricken by injury despite having the best team assembled that we've had since the 80s. That team lineup only improves next year. We were top 4 most of the season this year until our injury toll hit us 2/3rds into the season. It's hard to base anything off it, but only a fool would ignore the obvious talent in the team, and even more coming through from the Minor Premiership winning Toyota Cup side.

Much like the Broncos you can see it is a team moving for big things.

It's hard to say if Lang will prove to be what we need based on a problematic 2010, but he is a much better fit than Taylor who coached through negative reinforcement.

Nightward

Juniors
Brisbane.

With a pack consisting of Hannant, Kenny, Tronc, Parker, Te'O and Thaiday, Hodges back from injury, and Gillett, Hoffman, Yow Yeh and Norman better for most of a year in first grade, things are looking pretty good. As long as the team doesn't fall into the "give it to Lockyer" trap, of course...

The Broncos lost their strike centre for the entire season and then suffered injuries at the worst times. Throw in some very dodgy referee decisions in the last games of the season, and their trail-off is hardly inexplicable.

Vic Mackey

Referee
broncos

if lockyer didnt get injured at the end of the year they could have won the comp, keeping in mind they missed hodges all year aswell.

souths injuries were over rated. they had their 1-7 basically all year. burgess only missed games due to suspension (his own fault), luke stuart and ben lowe missed what 6 games each (normal for a forward), taylor and luke missed like 3.

they missed the finals because their halves are complete balls

Latest posts