What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will finish higher in 2011 - Bunnies or Broncos?

Who will finish higher in 2011

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The russelltoes are going to go through the season undefeated with not only the greatest pack in the game's history but the greatest backline of any code in any country providing them with a for of 16000 and an against of 0. Chris sandow will be announced as an immortal and sam burgess crowned Sam I of England and the commonwealth. And at season end they will sign up todd carney, josh dugan, jarryd hayne and manu vatavei and still fit under the salary cap.
If you don't believe me just ask any souths fan.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The russelltoes are going to go through the season undefeated with not only the greatest pack in the game's history but the greatest backline of any code in any country providing them with a for of 16000 and an against of 0. Chris sandow will be announced as an immortal and sam burgess crowned Sam I of England and the commonwealth. And at season end they will sign up todd carney, josh dugan, jarryd hayne and manu vatavei and still fit under the salary cap.
If you don't believe me just ask any souths fan.

Finally AlwaysGreen talks some sense. But not dugan, don't like him much.

Nightward

Juniors
With those factors I believe we can make the jump from 9th to top 4. Look how far the roosters came in a year, we're much closer to the top than they were.

Much as I despise the man personally for his antics, the Roosters had the benefit of Carney joining an experienced team with an expectation to win. Smith isn't the best coach going around, but he's a lot more current than Lang is.

Lang may be more up to speed coming into 2011, but the difference is that the Rabbitohs just do not have the grind-out-a-win mentality that gets them home in close games. They are an all-or-nothing side still, lacking the discipline of the real top-flight clubs.

Until that can be addressed, it doesn't matter who they sign. Greg Inglis is good at what he does, but even if Souths get him he will not fix their problems. If they had signed Lockyer or Webcke at the peak of their powers, maybe... but a centre isn't going to change them overnight.

Until the forwards learn to guts it out and the hooker and halves learn when to roll the dice and when to make the safe play, and the entire team learns how to knuckle down not just for 80 minutes but for 26 weeks, nothing will change.

Like the Cowboys, they have the skill to win. And just like the Cowboys, they do not have the will to win.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Smith isn't the best coach going around, but he's a lot more current than Lang is.

Lang may be more up to speed coming into 2011
Let's not forget Lang, unlike Smith, has won a grand final. The bloke got an injury ravaged team to one game away from a final. And a second offseason and another season will help a lot of our problems

Until that can be addressed, it doesn't matter who they sign. Greg Inglis is good at what he does, but even if Souths get him he will not fix their problems. If they had signed Lockyer or Webcke at the peak of their powers, maybe... but a centre isn't going to change them overnight.
He should play fullback for us, he'll have more impact there.

Until the forwards learn to guts it out and the hooker and halves learn when to roll the dice and when to make the safe play, and the entire team learns how to knuckle down not just for 80 minutes but for 26 weeks, nothing will change.
Luke and Sandow are young, those kinds of things come with expierience. Naturally 2011 should be better than 2010 was.

Like the Cowboys, they have the skill to win. And just like the Cowboys, they do not have the will to win.
Hopefully that changes next season.

CMUX

Souths are doing the dragons, roosters, tigers and every other competitive team a massive favour with this Inglis thing. As was the case this year, all the media attention is on them and how they are a “chance to go all the way”.

The roosters will flog them in round 1 (again) and Souths will finish the end of the season outside the 8 (again) thus ensuring that the world remains in perfect balance.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths are doing the dragons, roosters, tigers and every other competitive team a massive favour with this Inglis thing. As was the case this year, all the media attention is on them and how they are a “chance to go all the way”.

The roosters will flog them in round 1 (again) and Souths will finish the end of the season outside the 8 (again) thus ensuring that the world remains in perfect balance.
So you don't think we'll gain even 1 position on the ladder from this year with the addition of Inglis, with Luke/Burgess/Taylor another year more expierienced? That's just ridiculous. I'm ok if not everyone thinks we're a top 4 team (even though you're wrong if you think that) but it's just ridiculous to think we're not even a top 8 team.

Btw, I'm looking forward to that round 1 game more than any non finals game I can remember. When we finally get to smack little brother around.
If Lockyer gets injured, Souths

If Sandow gets injured, Souths
I lol'd. But if Sandow doesn't come good early next year we have good young halves coming through waiting for an opportunity.

CMUX

So you don't think we'll gain even 1 position on the ladder from this year with the addition of Inglis, with Luke/Burgess/Taylor another year more expierienced? That's just ridiculous. I'm ok if not everyone thinks we're a top 4 team (even though you're wrong if you think that) but it's just ridiculous to think we're not even a top 8 team.

Btw, I'm looking forward to that round 1 game more than any non finals game I can remember. When we finally get to smack little brother around.

You must be a bit confused; you don’t play the dragons in round 1!

As to whether I think Souths are a legitimate top 8 side… well with the players they have, they should be but a losing culture tends to rub off on gifted players, South Sydney post 1970’s proves that.

dragon_around

Juniors
Inglis is going to be pretty disappointed when he learns the "Book of Feuds" isn't actually a "Book of Foods".

Jason Maher

Immortal
Agreed, whenever Mundine pokes his fat nose into League someone gets screwed over. At first it was the Doggies when he convinced SBW to run overseas, and now the Broncos lose possibly the greatest center combination ever because Mundine has decided to intervene in a sport that doesn't want to know him.

Having a big self righteous head in boxing clearly isn't enough for him, he wants to make an impact on League as well...

No, at first it was the Dragons... twice. The first time with your stain of a club parading him while still under contract with St. George, ala Souffs and Craig Wing.

If this was the EPL we'd have been premiers in '89.

And we would have been in '85 and '09. What's your point... that you support a mediocre team who once every 20 years or so pull off a spectacular choke?

Latest posts